I received my BlackBerry Bold 9930 from Verizon the other day and I must say I am happy to be back in a BlackBerry. As much as I like to "rock phones naked" I find myself requiring some protection.

The OtterBox Series is always a been my go to case, (Commuter on my 9650, Defender on my iPhone 4) and now the Commuter on my 9930.

Let me first say that this is a PAIN to put on. It took a lot of patience to get the plastic shell around the silicone case.

The buttons and ports all line up great and it makes for pressing the "Lock" key very easy.

The added bulk is minimal and it actually makes it feel even better in my hand, it will not fit in the BlackBerry Holster. (I believe that has been mentioned previously.)

And I have not noticed any interference with the LED flash on the camera.

On to the pictures:

All in all, I am pleased with the fit/feel of this case, however I can see it being a pain if I need to pull the battery/swap out SD cards/or switch to a cradle charger.

In my opinion its a great "middle of the road" case for those wanting protection without sacrificing a lot.
    Last edited by TheVetteMan; 09-20-11 at 08:22 PM.
    08-24-11 12:46 PM
    I shall have mine soon.
    08-24-11 01:00 PM
    All in all, I am pleased with the fit/feel of this case, however I can see it being a pain if I need to pull the battery/swap out SD cards/or switch to a cradle charger.

In my opinion its a great "middle of the road" case for those wanting protection without sacrificing a lot.
    That's my issue... I need the charging pod because that's my clock plus I had a bad experience with my old 9700 having issues with USB contact issues because I keep plugging and unplugging it. That issue will never come up with the charging pod because it doesn't use the port. So, I will wait for a case that comes with a custom charging pod and a holster.
    08-24-11 01:04 PM
    Thanks very much for this review! Your pictures are excellent - exactly what I was waiting for to help me make a decision. I often go naked with my phones (aside from a pocket pouch) as I don't like too much bulk. The added bulk does look minimal for the commuter case - I think I will have to give it a try.

It also comes with a screen protector. Have you had a chance to try it out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LSglock89 likes this.
    08-24-11 01:15 PM
    Thanks very much for this review! Your pictures are excellent - exactly what I was waiting for to help me make a decision. I often go naked with my phones (aside from a pocket pouch) as I don't like too much bulk. The added bulk does look minimal for the commuter case - I think I will have to give it a try.

It also comes with a screen protector. Have you had a chance to try it out?

I actually just ended up putting it on and it is a little thick. However I am noticing very little if any interference with the touch screen capabilities.

I generally suck at putting on screen protectors, but I was able to do this with ease. I am happy with it, until such a time the higher quality screen protectors come out. But for now it is doing just fine.
    08-24-11 01:19 PM
    I just got mine today. It added just the right amount of bulk to the phone.
    anon(3750701) likes this.
    08-24-11 07:04 PM
    Did the commuter come with the screen protector?
    08-24-11 10:51 PM
    Nice review and pictures. Thank you for taking the time to post!

EDIT: That's a nice looking case. I'm impressed.
    08-24-11 10:56 PM
    looks good! hope i like it when it comes in the mail.
    08-24-11 10:56 PM
    Did the commuter come with the screen protector?
    Yes it did. If you look hard at the 1st and 6th pictures you can see it on actually.
    Mylexon20s likes this.
    08-24-11 11:01 PM
    The commuter otterbox is the best case. Perfect balance of protection and portability
    08-24-11 11:06 PM
    I agree. I got the case today and its great. I love the look of the naked bold but it felt a little too slippery at times. With the commuter, the bold feels just right and the added protection is nice. Hopefully I won't be in too many situations where a battery pull required - getting this case on and off is a pain!

Highly recommended. This is the case to get.
    08-24-11 11:28 PM
    Going to pick up a 9900 soon. So the commuter series is best? Does the defender series add too much bulk?
    08-24-11 11:34 PM
    Going to pick up a 9900 soon. So the commuter series is best? Does the defender series add too much bulk?
    I've tried the defender on several devices but I always end up going with a commuter afterwards. I highly recommend the commuter.

08-24-11 11:38 PM
    Not to go off track but just in case you need to do a batt pull, try ALT+rightSHIFT+DEL buttons. Press em all together until you see the red light

LSglock89 likes this.
    08-25-11 12:37 AM
    Not to go off track but just in case you need to do a batt pull, try ALT+rightSHIFT+DEL buttons. Press em all together until you see the red light

Thanks, didn't know that. Appreciate it.
    08-27-11 11:46 AM
    Time for a trip to a Verizon store. I have the tmobile bold and they don't have anything. How much was it?
    08-27-11 12:22 PM
    08-27-11 12:26 PM
    I think you can get them on eBay for $22-$25 shipped.
    08-27-11 12:28 PM
    i cant seem to find these in retail stores.. are they online only?
    08-27-11 05:27 PM
    Does the Commuter come with, or have optional, some sort of holster/belt clip? I dont see one on Otterbox site.
    08-27-11 05:38 PM
    Does the Commuter come with, or have optional, some sort of holster/belt clip? I dont see one on Otterbox site.
    No clip for the Commuter. If you want the clip, that comes as part of the Defender. $35 or so at Amazon.com.
    08-27-11 05:59 PM
    i cant seem to find these in retail stores.. are they online only?
    You don't want to find them in retail stores...then you will pay retail.
    08-27-11 06:02 PM
    Does it come with a holster or anything?
    08-27-11 06:26 PM
    nah.going to carry mine naked.im always extra careful with my devices.but the otterbox is known to be rugged for people looking for a case.the commuter is the best choice.
    08-27-11 06:33 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD