Does it come with a holster or anything?
    It only comes with the silicone case, a outer plastic shell, and a screen protector.

Btw, Thank you for your service!
    08-27-11 06:41 PM
    For those that like to pop their case on and off each day, this is not the case for you. I was hoping for the same ease as the Otterbox Commuter for the 9700, but as the OP indicated, it is a pain in the *** to get this on and off.

I'll give it a week or so and see how much it really bugs me. The case is great, but the on/off pain is an issue.
    08-28-11 10:44 AM
    It only comes with the silicone case, a outer plastic shell, and a screen protector.

Btw, Thank you for your service!
    Ok, thanks for the info and you are welcome
    08-28-11 03:34 PM
    Thanks for the post and pics VetteMan. I really like the look and specs I have read online about the Commuter. Your pictures helped a lot. . The perfect case for your pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 05:10 PM
    nice picture :thumbup:

i use commuter too for may bold 9900
    08-30-11 12:36 AM
    Thanks, TVM for posting this. The pics prove that this is the only case to get if you really want to protect your device. I have had the Commuter case on so many phones, and I am always dropping them. I have never had even the slightest scratch or damage to any of the phones that were protected with this case.

And it looks very solid, professional and sturdy.
    09-03-11 08:16 PM
    Just wanted to say that witht he commuter case, it fits perfectly in the bold 9000 holster. Awesome! I like having the extra protection from otterbox and the convenience of the holster.
    09-08-11 12:50 PM
    Are you referring to the bold 9000 real leather holster or the koskin holster? The koskin has the open bottom corners. Does the magnetic sleep function work? Just seems like there are conflicting reports on this...
    09-12-11 05:27 PM
    So is �17.85 expensive for an otterbox case? I'm not sure how much I should be paying. It's a commuter case as well if that's any help.
    09-14-11 06:41 AM
    That is a pretty solid price for the Commuter series. I purchased mine here in the states for $24 which is �17.50
    09-14-11 07:51 AM
    I'm going to wait a bit before buying the Otterbox Commuter series now. i've purchased a cheapy one from ebay with gameboy style cover on the back. I'll post a picture later
    09-14-11 10:13 AM
    Your pics have convinced me........naked if/when I get a 9930. I love the look and feel of the phone. I will likely go naked/holster, like I do now with my 9650. On the weekends I do pop my 9650 Otter commuter on to make it more readily pocketable. Perhaps i would supplement with a white hard case or a basic skin case for the weekend.

The apparent difficulty in getting the 9930 commuter on and off would be a pain for me.

Incidentally, there was a blog post herein that said you might be able to fit the 9930 with some cases (don't remember if it was otter or just the hard case) in the holster for the old Bold 9000 (a tad bigger). so you could look into that as an option!
    09-14-11 12:33 PM
    Great review!! Super helpful and excellent photographs.. I think I might actually convrrt from a die hard defender fan to commuter man for my 9900 that's in the mail..

Did you do one of these for the defender case??

09-14-11 11:30 PM
    Are you referring to the bold 9000 real leather holster or the koskin holster? The koskin has the open bottom corners. Does the magnetic sleep function work? Just seems like there are conflicting reports on this...
    I can confirm that the koskin holster fits very well and magnets work perfectly. I really like this combo.
    Attachment 93598

Attachment 93599

Attachment 93600

Attachment 93601

Attachment 93602
    Last edited by wrwrx; 09-15-11 at 08:40 AM.
    jagger_reed and Rwil85 like this.
    09-15-11 08:35 AM
    Great review!! Super helpful and excellent photographs.. I think I might actually convrrt from a die hard defender fan to commuter man for my 9900 that's in the mail..

Did you do one of these for the defender case??

Thank you, and no I have not don't one for the Defender Series. If someone would like to send me one I would!
    09-15-11 10:32 PM
    I can confirm that the koskin holster fits very well and magnets work perfectly. I really like this combo.
    Attachment 93598

Attachment 93599

Attachment 93600

Attachment 93601

Attachment 93602
    thanks for the pics..have the commuter on mine and am only in need of a holster, then i'll be set..

was lucky enough with my 9650 that when in a commuter it ended up fitting perfectly into a best buy platinum case, face-in holster..haven't found such a solution for the 9930 yet.

i'll order a 9000 koskin holster if that flap is secure enough..does that flap stay closed? seemingly, the only bad thing, from looking at the pics, might be that it is such a tight fit that the device might fall out regularly.

please get back to me, thanks!
    09-18-11 02:35 AM
    the flap is secure definitely. no worries bout the phone slipping out of the holster. ive mentioned it before, but its like this holster was made to fit this phone w/ the commuter. it takes the right amount of pull to get it out of the case and since the lock function works i cant be more pleased with it. i even use six tools which allows for a lock and unlock sound as the sleep magnet activates and deactivates the phone. i used the 9650 holster when i first got the 9930 and found it a bit snug, and was bummed out that the sleep magnet did not align correctly. pick up this holster if you have a commuter case or the hard shell case, it wont disappoint.
    09-18-11 06:58 AM
    I just rewatched Kevin's vid for the 9930/9900 hard case review. As much as I like the Commuter series, the difficulties being reported in taking it on/off, are likely to push me to going hard case/holster combo. I guess I would really need to see the phone with the commuter to see for myself........

I like using the charging cradle at night so the case needs to be easy to take off.
    09-20-11 10:24 AM
    I've stopped using the Otterbox on my 9900 and fallen back to the soft shell from RIM. The pain in getting it on and off proved to be too much...
    Last edited by shabbs; 09-20-11 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Spelling error.
    09-20-11 12:48 PM
    I'm using my 9900 Commuter in a 9000 OEM holster like the one pictured. It came in the box with the 9k. It works perfectly.
    09-20-11 12:55 PM
    It still is a bit of a pain, but I notice if you slide in the headphone jack and charging slots first, it tends to go a bit easier.

I guess I don't mind it because it is nice having a tight fit.
    09-20-11 03:49 PM
    It still is a bit of a pain, but I notice if you slide in the headphone jack and charging slots first, it tends to go a bit easier.

I guess I don't mind it because it is nice having a tight fit.
    That's what she said.
    Rwil85 likes this.
    09-20-11 03:59 PM
    Received my package from amazon today but oem shop sent me the wrong holster. They sent me the regular one instead of the koskin one. It worked but its too snug and the flap doesn't close all the way with the phone in. Sent them a message and hopefully I'll be able to exchange it for the koskin one.
    09-20-11 08:04 PM
    Sorry the pictures went down, they are back up now.
    09-20-11 08:26 PM
    Thanks for the review.. and agree with it

I have mine and loving it!

What I love most about the Commuter is.. it doesn't add substantial bulk to the 9900. I compared it to naked Bold 9000 and it seems that 9900+commuter is just about the same as the 9000 in terms of thickness (if not thinner!)

here's mine:

09-21-11 02:12 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD