I got this case today from shopcrackberry.com. All I can say is I am in love. This case if perfect. The combination of silicone and the hard plastic shell is great. The only parts of the phone that are not protected are the keyboard and screen. It does come with a clear screen protector but I use the privacy protector from Verizon.

Installation is a breeze. This case provides attractive rugged protection with out adding a great deal of bulk. See pics below**

I have always been a huge fan of the Seidio Innocase II's as I have had them on my curve,tour, and Iphone but I think this case just beat them out.
    09-23-09 04:35 PM
    Omg you beat me to it, waiting for my commuter case now. I originally purchased the defender case at buy.com but they are the worst etailer in my opinion. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and it was stuck on processing, while it should have taken 2 business days tosps for it to process. I made 3 complaints and everytime they told me that it was still processing in the warehouse, which infuriated me to cancel it. As soon as I make that request they tell me it was too late to do that and that it is shipping now. Back on topic apologize about the rant, I ordered the commuter when I cancelled the defender so now I'm going to end up with both. Maybe I will like them both but I am anxiously waiting for the commuter case to come in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 04:43 PM
    Hello,

Nice writeup. I just ordered this case and will receive it Monday Sept 21. Question: the Plugs that cover the Ear Plug, Mini USB Port, etc, are they on what plastics injection molders call a "Living Hinge"?

TIA
    09-23-09 04:43 PM
    Hello,

Nice writeup. I just ordered this case and will receive it Monday Sept 21. Question: the Plugs that cover the Ear Plug, Mini USB Port, etc, are they on what plastics injection molders call a "Living Hinge"?

TIA
    They are part of the silicone case but made into a flap.
    09-23-09 04:49 PM
    This is a good thing to know! I get mine tomorrow! Thanks!
    09-23-09 04:54 PM
    Hello,

Thanks. A living hinge is perfect. I wish I had access to the tool used to make the parts. I would like to try ballistic kevlar, or some other exotic plastic material.
    09-23-09 04:54 PM
    Anyone try one of these with the Seidio Holster yet to see if they would fit?
    09-23-09 05:28 PM
    All I am using it with is the Seidio horizontal leather holster for the bold and it fits.
    09-23-09 05:33 PM
    Thanks for posting this... I'm definitely looking to get one now

09-23-09 05:50 PM
    Got my O'box a couple days ago and I LOVE it!! Here's a couple tips...

The opening for sync cable and charger cable is too small for the plug. Take a razor blade and trim a little bit of the ruber off the cables on the side that has the dots (and not the side that has the USB symbol).

The plastic film that goes over the keys needs to be put on loosely. It tightens up when you put the cover on. If it's too tight, pushing one key ends up pushing several.
    09-23-09 08:13 PM
    I got this case today from shopcrackberry.com. All I can say is I am in love. This case if perfect. The combination of silicone and the hard plastic shell is great. The only parts of the phone that are not protected are the keyboard and screen. It does come with a clear screen protector but I use the privacy protector from Verizon.

Installation is a breeze. This case provides attractive rugged protection with out adding a great deal of bulk. See pics below**

I have always been a huge fan of the Seidio Innocase II's as I have had them on my curve,tour, and Iphone but I think this case just beat them out.
    i love the defender case... however I just got my Tour Friday so I figured I needed a cover then so I got the Body Glove hard cover and I like it a lot som I think I'm going to be stuck with it until I get some money for the defender case. haha
    09-23-09 09:42 PM
    Hello,

UPS finally delivered the O'Box Commuter Series Case for my Tour. Yes, its a very nice case once you put it on the Tour. Not too thick or thin, just the right size, and it still slides into OEM Holster. (A little tight but it works.)

The Commuter Series Case gives the Innocase II a good run for the money. I am extremely pleased with the case. Yes, the Mini USB plug must be trimmed on the BlackBerry Logo side to seat properly, but its a non-issue.

If you are looking for a nice case without the bulk, the Commuter is it!
    09-28-09 05:29 PM
    Hello,

UPS finally delivered the O'Box Commuter Series Case for my Tour. Yes, its a very nice case once you put it on the Tour. Not too thick or thin, just the right size, and it still slides into OEM Holster. (A little tight but it works.)

The Commuter Series Case gives the Innocase II a good run for the money. I am extremely pleased with the case. Yes, the Mini USB plug must be trimmed on the BlackBerry Logo side to seat properly, but its a non-issue.

If you are looking for a nice case without the bulk, the Commuter is it!
    Thanks for the info...I was wondering if it would fit in the OEM holster. Any problem using the keyboard or trackball with the case on?

09-28-09 06:12 PM
    I also have the commuter case... And I love it!!! Thought about trying out the defender case also.
    09-28-09 06:24 PM
    Great case, ive had it on my Tour for about a week now and have no complaints. Excellent protection and it feels great in your hand/pocket.
    09-28-09 06:47 PM
    I was wondering if it would fit in the OEM holster. Any problem using the keyboard or trackball with the case on?
    No issues using the TrackBall since the case doesn't cover the front of the Tour (Keypad and Screen). Enclosed is a Thick Gauge Screen Protector. While the phone fits inside the OEM Holster, the magnetic flap sometimes does not latch tight, so some adjustment is necessary by pulling on flap to properly latch to Holster. A bigger OEM Holster may be necessary.
    09-28-09 08:51 PM
    I wonder if this case will fit with the Seidio Locking holster for their Innocase models. I'll know on Thursday as I just ordered mine tonight.
    09-29-09 04:01 AM
    I got my Commuter case from a seller on ebay for $27 shipped, and had it in 2 days. Its an awesome case, great protection. Too bad I have to return my Tour since it is overheating (that started before I got the Commuter case). But off course the new one will be wearing the Commuter before I leave the store. Definitely worth the money !
    09-29-09 07:30 AM
    Not for me, but that looks really sharp!
    09-29-09 09:48 AM
    If this case fits a Seidio holster clip than ill def get it. Looks good!

09-29-09 09:53 AM
    I've been using the black silicone case from the Verizon store until I found the right case.

I think this is it.
    09-29-09 09:55 AM
    I received my Commuter case yesterday. It takes nothing away from the great look of the Tour and feels perfectly comfortable in my hand. I shopped around for about a month and feel extremely pleased with my purchase. Now I'll work on getting a holster for it.
    10-02-09 01:06 PM
    I also just received my Otterbox Commuter case today. Excellent build quality, very sturdy, and attractive. Extremely happy with my purchase.

10-02-09 01:10 PM
    *UPDATE* as some of you who have received the case might know the charger port for it is too small. The charger wants to pop out and not stay in. I called otterbox and they said they had a issue with the first batch similar to the issue they has with the first production batch of defender cases. They are sending me a replacement free of charge. I should have it Monday. They dont even want the defective one back. All they asked for is my feedback when I have both cases to compare.

I still love this case. I recently got a otterbox defender and tried that out but just couldn't fall in love with it due to the bulkiness. I will post when I receive the replacement to note any differences.
    Last edited by DjDrew; 10-03-09 at 11:09 AM.
    10-03-09 11:04 AM
    That is one bulky case! I'll pass.
    10-03-09 11:09 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD