Some of you might recall that I wrote up a review for the commuter case. I have been having a problem with it and am curious if anyone else is experiencing the same.

One day the camera on my tour stopped working. It gave me the "couldn't start camera please close other applications" well no other applications were open. After trouble shooting Verizon gave me a brand new tour. Keep in mind now they are both green dot tours. The otterbox commuter case was on the phone while this was happening.

So i get the new phone and install the case. Low and behold the same problem starts to occur. So i think of the only constant, that being the case. It turns out the the case is applying too much pressure on the top part of the phone causing a hardware issue. As soon as I removed the case and switched to a different one I have not had the problem again.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks
    10-13-09 05:54 PM
    Some of you might recall that I wrote up a review for the commuter case. I have been having a problem with it and am curious if anyone else is experiencing the same.

One day the camera on my tour stopped working. It gave me the "couldn't start camera please close other applications" well no other applications were open. After trouble shooting Verizon gave me a brand new tour. Keep in mind now they are both green dot tours. The otterbox commuter case was on the phone while this was happening.

So i get the new phone and install the case. Low and behold the same problem starts to occur. So i think of the only constant, that being the case. It turns out the the case is applying too much pressure on the top part of the phone causing a hardware issue. As soon as I removed the case and switched to a different one I have not had the problem again.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks
    I've had the commuter case for about two weeks now, and my camera works fine... Like others though, I did have a problem with the charger not plugging in, that was until I took a file to the charger and beveled it down a bit...
    10-13-09 06:05 PM
    I havent had that problem either. I have been using it for a week and half now. I can imagine the case applying pressure on the side but I really can't feel it applying too much pressure on the top.
    10-13-09 06:38 PM
    same thing happened to me on Saturday night and I have the Otterbox Commuter case as well. I just did a reboot of the phone and the camera went to working fine. It hasn't given me a problem since. Wierd that the case could be causing it.
    10-13-09 07:46 PM
    Yea I did reboots,removed apps, master reset. and it still happened i know its weird that it would be the case
    10-13-09 07:55 PM
    Did you by any chance contact otterbox and see if they had any recommendations. Heck they would probably like to know about the issue.
    10-13-09 07:57 PM
    i just ordered it and get it on friday. I'll see and update with what happens. I know my car cradle at one point was pressing on the volume buttons, and when i tried to check msgs or do anything the phone would not come out of sleep mode, until i released the pressure on the volume button.

With that said, i wonder if the above issue are coming from a top button having a slight pressure on it?
    10-13-09 08:05 PM
    Same problem today with just the Otterbox Impact case on. The problem is not the Otterbox.It appears that this is a problem with Slacker radio.I used Slacker today for about an hour then a couple hours later the camera gave me the same error.Search the forum for Slacker + camera and you will see what i am talking about.A new version of Slacker is available .I just downloaded so far so good.
    10-13-09 08:06 PM
    Hello,

Used the Commuter Case for 3 weeks with no issues. Camera works fine.
    10-13-09 08:55 PM
    The original otterbox defender's rubber skin placed a bit too much pressure on the "camera button" causing it to be in the half-pressed mode (it is a two stage button when used for camera). Trimming the rubber nub that presses the camera button was the solution. I don't know about the commuter.
    10-13-09 10:16 PM
    mkay so i got my commuter, and i really like this case. Feels good in the hands, has a good tough appearence. I did notice it had some slight pressure on a few of the buttons when i first put it on. However once i properly adjusted it on my tour, it fit fine. No keys had any pressure on them and still fits good.
    10-17-09 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD