I received my new storm 2 today after I dropped my old one and shattered the screen. Thank the lord that I keep insurance on all the phones in my plan. They sent me a brand new phone manufactured in may 2010. The surepress is so much better. The typing is like night and day compared to my old one. It is amazing now. I however do not want to have to go through that again so I am thinking about getting a otterbox commuter case. I need to know if there are any side cases out there that will fit on my belt, while using the commuter case. If not a side case maybe a holster. Thanks for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 04:45 PM
    Might as well get the Defender case
    BlackBerry Storm2 Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

I had the same case for my BB S1 and believe me, you want EXTRA protection, this is the way to go. I drop my S1 one from the second floor and nothing crack or broke.

The only reason I changed it, 4 months after the drop, was because the problems I was having with the software and I did not wanted to deal with the Hybrids and such.

Now I have a S2 and Happy with it!
    07-06-10 05:39 PM
    Sorry double post, my PC froze.
    Last edited by sithlrdvad; 07-06-10 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Double post.
    07-06-10 05:40 PM
    The holster I have is perfect for the commuter. My friend randomly gave it to me (he doesn't even own a BB). It's actually for a Bold 9000 but trust me, I think it was secretly made for the S2 + OB commuter. Here's one on ebay.

*** I apologize if that link is prohibited. Please remove if so.
    07-06-10 05:50 PM
    The holster I have is perfect for the commuter. My friend randomly gave it to me (he doesn't even own a BB). It's actually for a Bold 9000 but trust me, I think it was secretly made for the S2 + OB commuter. Here's one on ebay.

*** I apologize if that link is prohibited. Please remove if so.
    Does the magnet work with the S2?
    07-06-10 05:59 PM
    Does the magnet work with the S2?
    Yup, sure does
    07-06-10 06:26 PM
    So that leather holster willl fit the commuter nicely not too tightly?

I got another type original bb holster for bold which can be use for storm2 but with the commuter on, it kinda makes my storm2....

its like its gain weight lately and it tried to squeeze into a 501! wahahhaha.
    07-06-10 06:59 PM
    I guess everyone has a preference. But w/o the commuter my S2 feels very loose in it. I don't feel confident carrying it in the holster w/o the case. But with the commuter on, it slides in and fits... well, perfectly. The sides of the fone touch the inside of the case all around but it slides in and out very easily and smoothly. I had to call my buddy the next day and thank him again it was so perfect.
    07-06-10 07:11 PM
    The other day... I took out my storm2 from the commuter... I suddenly feel its sooo naked. So nice to touch too! slim!!!

Hahaha but can't live without the commuter. Its a good protection.
    07-06-10 07:20 PM
    Well this just sucks! I was going to recommend a Smartphone Experts horizontal holster that I purchased last year for my 9530, but apparently they don't sell it anymore. It was designed for phones with cases and works perfectly with the OB Commuter. And I was going to buy another one too...

07-06-10 09:56 PM
    i love my otter commuter case.only thing i dont like is it affects my end calls button.but other than that it is great case.
    07-06-10 11:05 PM
    i love my otter commuter case.only thing i dont like is it affects my end calls button.but other than that it is great case.
    Are you using the screen protector that came with the case? If so, does it cover the phone/menu/back/end buttons?
    07-07-10 06:31 AM
    Speaking of the call/menu/back/end buttons...

I am also using the screen protector that comes with otter.

I am going to replace it soon with the anti-glare type next week.

Once I change, I will let you guys know if that makes a difference.

My call button is stiff whenever i uses my left thumb to press.

However, using right thumb seem easier.

One thing i observe is that when you press the call or end buttons, you should try pressing directly on top of the icon/sign. It will be more responsive.
    07-07-10 11:04 AM
    i find it more comfortable to type with when i have my otter defender on
    07-07-10 12:17 PM
    The Otterbox Commuter screen protector is known to cause problems with the bottom buttons. They have already replaced mine. Just call them, tell them about the problem & they should send you a replacement.
    07-07-10 06:06 PM
    I've got Odin snuggly fit into the Commuter, and that into a...sort of generic Verizon side holster. Works well for me.
    07-07-10 11:47 PM
    [QUOTE=Jaji_vzw8330;5320134]The holster I have is perfect for the commuter. My friend randomly gave it to me (he doesn't even own a BB). It's actually for a Bold 9000 but trust me, I think it was secretly made for the S2 + OB commuter. Here's one on ebay.

Based on your advice I ordered the Bold 9000 holster from the link you provided. There's no way that my S2 with Otterbox Commuter Case will fit in that holster. Are you sure that your's is from a BB Bold 9000? I just went to AT&T's site and their accesory holdster / case for the 9000 looks quite a bit different.
    07-21-10 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD