I can't believe this but, the commuter caused damage to my beloved Torch. I now have 2 pretty bad wear notches cut into the bottom bezel chrome at the bottom of the KB! This is from the top cover (slider) when its closed, the plastic of the cover cut 2 equal notches out of the chrome from when I slide shut or more likely while I'm using the touch screen pushing down cause friction and made the chrome chip out. I'm choked, its a definite flaw and a case is supposed to protect your device, not damage it! I've always had Otterbox cases, this is the first one to ****up my phone. I buy a case to keep my phone mint for resale. I'm pissed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 11:33 AM
    That sucks. I hope you shoot them an email about it.
    I had put an OB commuter case on mine (after I had the Torch a couple months) and within a week my Track Pad/Touch Screen stopped working. I took it to Bell and they had the phone repaired. Since I got it back I have been too nervous to put the OB case back on. It's just sitting in a drawer.
    02-18-11 11:38 AM
    I had problems when I got my Otterbox as well. I have been using the Seidio Active case and it at least has several points of contact to spread out the pressure on the bezel. I think the Torch has been one of the hardest device to build a case for!
    02-18-11 12:11 PM
    I change my otterbox to Agf Grt. Its the best.

02-18-11 12:56 PM
    I ran into the same issue with my OB. The bottom clip on the face plate scuffed the chrome bezel below the keyboard like you described. It's a shame; it's a great looking case, and I really enjoyed it for my Storm2.
    02-18-11 02:32 PM
    I've tried just about every case that ATT has available - i ended up just using a holster and being careful with it - they all either are 1) too bulky 2) screw with the sliding motion or 3) damage the phone in some way like scratches, create screen wobble, etc.
    02-18-11 06:10 PM
    I have had two Otterbox cases and on both occasions, the clip from the top piece broke off. I am frustrated as I expected better from Otterbox. Will try another maker and hopefully, I will get a case that is durable.
    02-19-11 07:17 AM
    Yes, I'm just rather pissed because of the damage to the chrome bezel! Looks like 2 pieces of grit when I slide it open now. I know no ones perfect and I still love otterbox cases. This broke my back though, I mean as I said, a case screwing up your phone? First one for me and I've sported them all through the years!

I'll try an email with pics to otterbox, can't hurt I guess.
    Cheers guys!

02-19-11 12:59 PM
    +1 for AGF GRT...and I'm not on their payroll.!
    02-19-11 05:55 PM
    boooo on otter cases!!
    02-19-11 06:00 PM
    They should at least send your Torch to Colorware for an update! Here is a review I did on the Seidio Active for the Torch! I have been using it for about a week and loving it!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/re...-torch-586960/
    02-19-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD