I got the Otterbox Commuter case for my 9810, and while I like it, and NEED it (Ive dropped my phone at least 10 times.) the wobble is a bit annoying.

I can stand to deal with it but my main question is, when (if) I take the case off, is it going to have damaged my slider, ie; will the wobble be permanent?

I paid around $54 for it from Rogers and like it said, it doesn't bother me (too much) but I just want to make sure its not going to cause permanent damage.

Thanks in advance!
    10-19-11 10:55 AM
    I've tried it and it's a very poor design. It does cause screen wobble along with the casemate barely there. The case I highly recommend is the one made by rim I got it and it fits the phone perfectly and has zero screen wobble. And of course I use a zagg invisishield also.
    Last edited by Slammer; 10-19-11 at 04:14 PM.
    10-19-11 12:05 PM
    Its something I can deal with. I just worry that if I take the case off the wobble will still be there, i.e.; it will cause permanent damage.
    10-19-11 01:46 PM
    What wobble. I have one on my berry right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 09:41 PM
    When its closed and you use the touchscreen, the slider wobbles.
    10-20-11 10:59 AM
    My wife's Otterbox Commuter broke twice and she tossed it out-trash and customer service was rude. Now using the "Incipio Feather" and it fits like a glove and is very durable. Most of the cases don't fit well on the 9800 or the 9810 due to the slider top needing to be able to slide-hense no real way to clip it on.
    Another case that is more durable is the "Case-Mate Barely There", However the back clip is so secure that it is hard to remove for battery pulls.
    Just FYI, try the Incipio and you'll like it and, it comes in several colors. My wife got White to go with her white 9810 and I got black which looks great with the white 9810 also.
    10-20-11 02:28 PM
    my otterbox case doesnt cause a wobble as well...but i have to say in comparison to the other otterbox models I have used this one looks really bad...
    10-21-11 07:49 AM
    People should read the 9800 threads on the OB. It's a piece of crap and a ripoff.
    10-21-11 08:06 AM
    People should read the 9800 threads on the OB. It's a piece of crap and a ripoff.
    I wish I would have known to!
    10-21-11 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD