Just received my Otterbox Commuter. I have to say, I am very impressed. Not nearly as bulky as the defender. Overall, seems to be an excellent case.

I just wish my charging cradles would work with it.
    01-16-10 02:27 PM
    That's good because I am waiting for mine in the mail. I also hate bulky cases. It's hard enough deciding to put such a good looking phone in a case. But, better than a busted screen if it can help in a fall.
    01-16-10 02:32 PM
    You will like it. Seems to offer very good protection for the size. You cant beat it for the price. I only gave $23 for it.
    01-16-10 02:40 PM
    Excellent case. I had one on my Tour and bought one for my Storm 2. I too wish there was a charging dock that would work with it.
    01-16-10 07:22 PM
    Best case I ever had for any phone. I too was worried about the bulk but it's perfect with the 9550. Otterbox just needs to make chargers and extended batteries also(as I wrote in other posts)
    01-16-10 07:35 PM
    I have one but I liked the Incipio case I had for my S1 better.
    I'll be dumping it as soon as Incipio comes out with theirs.
    01-16-10 08:34 PM
    I like mine also............. Seems like a GREAT case.

That being said, how are y'all carrying your Commuter encased phone? Anyone found a good holster etc or are you just using your pocket? The "holster" from my S1 Seidio Innocase is just a bit tight on the Commuter case on the S2........

R...

Just received my Otterbox Commuter. I have to say, I am very impressed. Not nearly as bulky as the defender. Overall, seems to be an excellent case.

01-16-10 10:07 PM

I love this case provides great protection and worth the money
    01-17-10 08:57 AM
    Yeah I agree the commuter is one of the best case I have owned just wish I had a good holster with the sleep function to go with it!
    01-17-10 09:34 AM
    I went to the site to check it out. I may be missing something, but does it have a belt clip like the defender? Ahhh, how do you wear it .. or do you?
    01-17-10 10:28 AM
    There is are a cople of hood holsters.
    I have one horizontal and one vertical.
    The Case-mate vertical holster for the Treo works for a skinned BB S1 or S2.
    Amazon.com: Case Logic Vertical Leather Universal Palm Treo Case - Handheld carrying case - black: Electronics.

Cellet
    Amazon.com: Cellet Omega series pouch Cellet Samsung i730 & LG VX9900 Omega Black Horizontal Case: Cell Phones & Service

I found them for the best price at Amazon.
    Neither will shut the screen down.
    I found a thin magnet and glued it in the right place to fix this.
    01-17-10 11:15 AM
    i bought the platinum series case from best buy before i bought the commuter and the clip that comes with the platinum one fits the commuter perfectly. i also read that the clip seidio sells for there cases works well with the commuter as well.
    01-17-10 11:18 AM
    I love my commuter case as well. On both my S1 and S2 (for a little while), I used those damn p.o.s. hard snap cases from the vz store. They are essentially useless because if you drop the phone, the first thing that happens is the case pops off. I had the pure rubber cases because they usually don't fit well, get all dirty, and make the phone hard to get in/out of my pocket

The commuter isn't going anywhere, and it is essentially the same size as other hard cases.

btw- not sure on the current price, but I got mine from amazon and saved a few bucks compared to the official site.
    01-17-10 12:39 PM
    My girlfriend and sisters use a horizontal Verizon branded case with the otterbox commuter. It has a magnet that puts thd hone to sleep and the encased 9550 fits perfectly in there. Ill find a Link of I can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 01:23 PM
    The Siedio clip for the Blackberry World phone fits perfectly on the Storm 2 with the commuter case. The magnetic part does not work however.
    01-17-10 01:37 PM
    I use the Seidio spring clip case with mine. Works perfect!

The Siedio clip for the Blackberry World phone fits perfectly on the Storm 2 with the commuter case. The magnetic part does not work however.
    01-17-10 02:36 PM
    I use the Seidio spring clip case with mine. Works perfect!
    Sleeper function works as well.
    01-17-10 02:37 PM
    Will the Storm2 clip case work with the commuter? Or does it need to be the world phone? If so, which phone is that exactly?
    01-17-10 02:54 PM
    A Storm 2 with a otterbox commuter case will fit in the oem blackberry bold case....may need to be strecthed just slightly to add in quick removal of phone....and "sleep" works....
    01-17-10 03:02 PM
    Moving to accessories forum
    01-17-10 03:07 PM
    The clip I am referring to is the Innocase Lock Holster for use with Seidio Innocase for the 9550. Works Perfect

Will the Storm2 clip case work with the commuter? Or does it need to be the world phone? If so, which phone is that exactly?
    01-17-10 06:19 PM
    im using the commuter for my 8900, very nice and sturdy, the only problem is the silicone edges tends to wear off too quickly (it gets shiny)
    01-18-10 02:42 AM
    Just ordered my own Commuter from Otterbox today. How long do you think that it took to get? Some places take 2 weeks others longer. Did you get it within the week?
    01-18-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD