What do u think about the new Otter Box commute case for 8900 ? is it good or bad ? add more bulk to the 8900 ? i really like the design but just dont know the protection between seidio and otterbox which one will do better. welcome any input.
    08-14-09 11:02 AM
    I really like the Commuter Case. It does add some bulk but nothing like a Defender case. I had an Incipio Feather before and I really like it but it did not provide very much protection. The Commuter adds a lot more protection. I can still get it in and out of my pocket without any issue and I really like the feel of the case.
    08-14-09 12:59 PM
    Got one yesterday...well made,perfect fit and they look really good.
    08-15-09 09:18 AM
    so hows the phone jack and usb work ? is it easy enough or pain because they all got cover.
    08-15-09 11:22 AM
    did it add a lot bulk as well ?
    08-15-09 11:23 AM
    Anybody got pics of their bb's in the commuter case? Do callers get the same echo that the defender case produces?
    08-15-09 03:48 PM
    Here are a few pics of my Commuter Case. They may not be the best . Yes, the echo still exists with this case but that is because it is in the phone and the case just amplifies it. I get it with other cases besides Otterbox.

08-15-09 10:54 PM
    I just recently purchased the Otter Box case for my new 8900 and have been pleasantly surprised that I like it! I do think it adds bulk, but because I work in a grocery store, it tends to get dropped on the hard tile floor all the time makes the trade off of the damage protection makes up for it. Took a while too to get used to the vinyl keyboard cover, but again now that I see how much it protects from makeup, crumbs, and other stuff landing amongst the keys makes it a nice addition of the case. I haven't had any echoes, but when streaming music sound is a lil muffled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rlindydiane; 08-15-09 at 11:27 PM.
    08-15-09 11:20 PM
    Just got my commuter case today and I have to say I like it better then the defender case. Doesn't add any bulk hardly at all, still the only complaint as with the defender case I have gotten several complaints from callers that they hear a bad echo. The case will have to go back because of this, sad cause I really like this case.
    08-25-09 08:27 PM
    Does anyone know why this phone ehoes so bad when you put a case on it? I have tried three defenders and one commuter case and all have a terrible echo on them?
    08-26-09 10:21 AM
    I have a new OTTERBOX for sale, PM me if interested!
    08-26-09 12:47 PM
    I was jut to buy one (a friend has one on therir 9000) but too late, now I need a new 8900 coz the rin damaged it and the reparis is almos as expensive as anew one, the screen and the mic are barely usable, all this will never happen if I purchased thw OB on time.
    08-26-09 12:50 PM
    Does anyone know why this phone ehoes so bad when you put a case on it? I have tried three defenders and one commuter case and all have a terrible echo on them?
    Yes the echo occurs. The echo is actually caused by the phone and the case just amplifies it. It seems to only occur if someone calls you and not if you originate the call. You can try turning down the volume a bit and that helps. You can also try switching to speakerphone and back and that seems to sometimes stop the echo as well.
    08-27-09 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD