does anyone know how bulky an otterbox defender case is with this phone and how well it works.

I dropped my phone last night (from my lap to my floor) and it landed face down, now has about 8 SMALL divits in the black earpiece plastic and the screen has around 3 SMALL divits in it and one LARGE divit on the screen, HOWEVER the screen still has the packing plastic on it which i use somewhat as a screen protector, so HOPEFULLY the divits only penetrated the plastic and not the screen itself. i refuse to take off the plastic until i have some kind if a case on it.

Im not usually hard on phones, (had last phone (LG VX8600) for 25 mos. and was never replaced or used ins. on it) however, i want to make SURE this 700.00 retail BB stays in as perfect of condition as possible.

SO if anyone knows anything about that otterbox defender, or a similar case thats just as protective, please let me know so i can get one before i drop my phone a second time
    10-29-09 04:32 PM
    does anyone know how bulky an otterbox defender case is with this phone and how well it works.

I dropped my phone last night (from my lap to my floor) and it landed face down, now has about 8 SMALL divits in the black earpiece plastic and the screen has around 3 SMALL divits in it and one LARGE divit on the screen, HOWEVER the screen still has the packing plastic on it which i use somewhat as a screen protector, so HOPEFULLY the divits only penetrated the plastic and not the screen itself. i refuse to take off the plastic until i have some kind if a case on it.

Im not usually hard on phones, (had last phone (LG VX8600) for 25 mos. and was never replaced or used ins. on it) however, i want to make SURE this 700.00 retail BB stays in as perfect of condition as possible.

SO if anyone knows anything about that otterbox defender, or a similar case thats just as protective, please let me know so i can get one before i drop my phone a second time
    the defender is a good case.. many people have posted about it on here. If you get a bad case they will send you a new one to replace it.. but the protection offered is like no other case out there.
    10-29-09 04:39 PM
    Best protective case on the market - the day I got the Defender I dropped my phone from about 4ft (hadn't done that in years -Thank god for OtterBox) - not a scratch - slightly bulkier that stock but well worth the extra 3-4mm
    10-29-09 04:44 PM
    will it still fit in the carrying case that came with the phone?
    10-29-09 04:46 PM
    will it still fit in the carrying case that came with the phone?
    No. It comes with a holder for the phone. The whole package offers superior protection for the phone. I does add to the bulk but actually makes it easier to hold IMHO.

I believe that Sprint is now carrying the Otterbox.
    10-29-09 04:53 PM
    Nope - has its own clip case - In my opinion it is safer than the case that comes with the phone - was not happy with the stock magnet clip/leather case - always felt like if the case turned, my Tour would fall out - Its a strong press fit carrier --- You will like it, trust me - In all intensive puposes a 'Brick S House' BlackBerry Tour Cases // BlackBerry Tour 9600 Series Defender Case // OtterBox.com
    Last edited by SurfTech; 10-29-09 at 04:56 PM.
    10-29-09 04:53 PM
    cool....id order it here but only saving 5 bucks i woulnt see it for a week rather than if i went to the store to buy it., price diff is 45.90 compared to 49.95 @ store locally
    10-29-09 04:57 PM
    Bought mine locally also - did not want to wait
    10-29-09 05:03 PM
    im just hoping the divits/marks on screen plastic is ONLY on screen plastic and not on the screen itself
    10-29-09 05:06 PM
    well guys, went to local Verizon store i got myself the defender case tonight already, i just didnt trust myself! Anyway, took of packing plastic screen cover, and the 1 big divit did leave like a pin tipped size gouge in the screen but its BARELY noticable and looks almost like a spec of dust.

Also, how do i get all the lint and debris off the otterbox plastic screen cover....i wiped and blew on it and everything and i just cant seem to get it totally clean.
    10-29-09 08:23 PM
    Can of air, blowing won't cut it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 09:00 PM
    ok...so like compressed can of air....would my air compressor air blow gun work as well, or is that TOO MUCH air pressure?
    10-29-09 09:12 PM
    That's probably too much pressure.

10-29-09 10:39 PM
    ok i thought so...also after having it on for a few hrs....it seems like its muffled my sound loudness....is this normal or what.
    10-29-09 10:50 PM
    otterbox customer service is fantastic, and so is the defender!
    what revisions you guys have?
    10-30-09 12:44 AM
    Yeah, its kind of expected a little bit but I know mine isn't too bad.

10-30-09 11:08 AM
    well i had my volumes set on level 6 and i had to bump them up to 8 to compare the loudness prior to otterbox, but i wont complain, its protecting my tour
    10-30-09 02:21 PM
    Is the case difficult to remove if you have to do a battery pull, just wondering?
    11-01-09 01:38 PM
    Yea the case is hard to remove for a battery pull, I got quickpill lite the free app. With that said I removed the otterbox from my Tour. Had it 2 weeks and it is exactly as described but I just coudnt get used to being so bulky, for a construction worker it would be perfect though.
    11-01-09 06:31 PM
    ill be picking one of these up tomorrow for my storm, i just cant shake the feeling that my storm is more fragile than my curve.. i use to be able to toss my curve around unprotected without any problem... but the storm.. just doesnt seem able to withstand that abuse.. im def gonna need an otterbox
    11-05-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD