I have been thinking about getting this case but have read that the 8330 is slightly different from the other 83xx model BBs.

Here is a link for example. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...-issues-49936/

Has anyone actually gotten the correct fitting Otterbox? I don't mind the expense if I get the correct case the first time without having to ship the case back.

My reasons for contemplating the purchase of the Otterbox are the following.
    1. Clips to my pocket or golf bag.
    2. screen faces out.
    3. Does not put phone into standby.
    4. Does not interfere with GPS signal.

If there are any other cases that fullfill these requirements, suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by SoonerTheBetter; 07-19-08 at 08:43 AM.
    07-19-08 06:13 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 06:22 AM
    I got one a few weeks ago and I love it.... Now for your questions...

1. Clips to my pocket or golf bag.= no problem
    2. screen faces out.= no, it faces in, will fit facing out but you have to force it a bit.
    3. Does not put phone into standby.=if you jam it in face out it wont, otherwise it does go to sleep.
    4. Does not interfere with GPS signal.= not really sure, the GPS is so sketchy on it anyway I don't use it cause I get pissed off waiting for it to connect.

I thought the bulk of the case would bother me but I love the fact that I don't feel like I'm going to break my curve every time I handle it.

Got mine from Amazon, was the correct case right away.
    07-19-08 09:18 AM
    Thanks for the response.
    For some reason I was thinking that you use the phone while still in holster. Now that I see pictures, I see I was incorrect. So the Otterbox has the standby magnet in it?

Ok, I can live with phone screen facing inward as long as GPS stays active.

Any hikers or bikers that wear their 8330 on there side to keep GPS in touch with sattlelites while phone is holstered?

I purchased this Mobi holster https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=AzHI2hJO from the Crackberry store
    but it has a standby magnet in it.

I may operate on holster and see if magnet can be removed.

I am assuming that when in standby, the GPS is crippled. I will experiment with this today.
    Last edited by SoonerTheBetter; 07-19-08 at 09:56 AM.
    07-19-08 09:42 AM
    Order it direct from otterbox. I ordered from CB and they sent me the older one that did not yet fit the 8330. See they only have one for the 8300 series. Once they realized it did not fit they modified the 8300 seeries one a bit to also fit the wider 8330. The second one I got fits great.

07-19-08 09:59 AM
    Order it direct from otterbox. I ordered from CB and they sent me the older one that did not yet fit the 8330. See they only have one for the 8300 series. Once they realized it did not fit they modified the 8300 seeries one a bit to also fit the wider 8330. The second one I got fits great.

Thanks,
    I was thinking of getting this case in the first place because I am hard on phones and I find myself in less than desirable places that might get grease and the like in my precious phone.

The "using my phone to map out a couple of golf courses" is just a tinkering thing.
    07-19-08 10:10 AM
    I am assuming that when in standby, the GPS is crippled. I will experiment with this today.
    OK, is quoting yourself and answering your own questions proper?

Oh well, for those interested. I started up BB maps and put it in the holster with a standby initiating magnet and went on a errand run of about 15 miles with several stops along the way.

Low and behold, when I removed phone from holster the GPS was current and appeared to be active the whole time it was in standby. I tried this several times. I like it.

I am still going to buy the Otterbox, but my GPS questions appear to be answered.

I thank everyone for their time and you can now continue what you were doing.
    07-19-08 11:41 AM
    Otterbox cs is awesome just so you know... Just call them up and they'll take care of you

07-19-08 02:34 PM
    Otterbox cs is awesome just so you know... Just call them up and they'll take care of you

I just got through ordering one via their website. With the confusion of the different versions, I felt a little safer going straight to the source.
    07-19-08 02:48 PM
    Just to update, I've had the otterbox for a while now and i just took my 8330 out of it for the day... wow, the curve feels cheap without the otterbox...keys feel like they would fall out of the device, the casing feels flimsy... when I get home it's going right back on.
    08-22-08 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD