all i can say is WOW....i bought a defender case for my S2 and ***** up the screen protector when i put it on. i sent them an e-mail asking where i could buy one, and the reply i got back was we're sending you an impact case and screen protector.....NO CHARGE. i let them know i didn't need the case but just the protector and they told me that they don't have just the screen protector, so they were sending the whole unit. folks this is the kind of customer service that you just don't see these days......way over the top, above and beyond anything i expected......THANK YOU otterbox...
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-24-09 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Langauge
    12-24-09 06:56 AM
    They have top notch customer service. I also have the defender case. The spot above the charging port where the phone snaps into the holster broke and would allow the phone to fall out of the holster. They sent me a whole new case because they don't have individual parts available yet. From the time I sent the email to the time I received the new case was about 5 days. Keeping in mind that this was in the middle of the holiday shipping season. I think that is damn good customer service.
    12-24-09 07:04 AM
    I love good customer service stories... 99% of the time people only share negative experiences and they make it seem like every service and product on earth is crappy. Oh, and I love my defender case on my 9530
    12-24-09 07:20 AM
    i've only dealt with one other company who has customer service after the sale like this....that was advanced carbon composites....they make the lightest DOT approved motorcycle on the market....if it don't fit when you get it they will either replace or re-shape it free of charge until it's right.....free shipping to and from too...
    12-24-09 07:26 AM
    Thats awesome ...I asked for the commuter for X-mas...it better be under the tree! Hahaha
    12-24-09 07:36 AM
    Great story. Glad to hear positive things for a change. I use a Otterbox as well and my Storm2 stays protected

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 09:27 AM
    I purchased a defender case with my S1 and it prevented the use of portions of the screen in landscape. I contacted support and they informed me they were redesigning the case and would send me a new one at no charge. They made a customer for life in me.
    I just upgraded to a S2 and received my Commuter case yesterday. It is excellent. I was bummed about not having a holster but to my good fortune, the platinum case holster that came with the phone(package deal from a friend) works perfect with the commuter case. A perfect setup. Merry Christmas to me!

12-24-09 10:03 AM
    i got my defender case in ebay with no problem also. I love otterbox case. but i purchase a couple screen protector from the local mall encase im gonna need it one day. so far everything is good
    12-24-09 10:12 AM
    OtterBox is excellant in quality and service! They have sent me extra rubber skins for my Curve case which I just replaced that with Tour and the Defender case for the Tour is even better with a solid screen protector, lighter case and optional keyboard protector.
    12-24-09 11:29 AM
    If you are looking for a good case and Platinum Class customer service, there is none better than OTTERBOX.

My first OTTERBOX was for Curve 8320 and the plastic screen / keypad protector was getting dirty and grubby so i asked them if i can just buy the protector and was surprise when they said they'll send me one without charge, so i gave them my Global Account number and told them i'll pay for the shipping. That's tHe least i can do to help them save some cost.

So far, i have stayed with them through three device change, ( 8320, 9000, 9700 ) and i will stay with them in the future.
    01-03-10 01:11 AM
    This is all great to hear. I can't wait to get my hands on a commuter case when the Essex comes out.
    Question. If I buy a defender case does that pretty much the commuter stuff? I guess what I am asking is if I buy the defender can I choose on a day to day basis what I want for protection commuter or defender?

I have had not so much good luck with seidio's customer service.

01-03-10 10:23 AM
    I live in Ft. Collins where Otterbox's office is located - a few blocks away. I didn't know it was their office until last Thursday when I picked up lunch at a pizza place nearby LOL. It is like Apple to me - there were some guys outside of their office for lunch break. Everybody laughed and looked happy - it is always a good sign to be a good company.
    I always thought Otterbox was too bulky and the design was boring (only black) but after I have seen their office, now I feel like trying a Commuter one.
    01-03-10 10:33 AM
    In all honesty, I've never heard so much as a HINT of negativity when it comes to Otterbox. What I DO hear is consistant over-the-top customer service. Need a screen protector? SURPRISE you get a whole new case. Broke your holster? Here have a brand-new one...aww heck we'll throw in a case too. Sir? Excuse me, our records show you recently bought a case from us, but honestly its not quite right. The design is slightly flawed. So, to make up for our mistake, we'll send you the new re-designed on.

Did I mention all this is done for free? For once, a company stands behind thier line "If it breaks we'll replace it for free". Really free, not even shipping! Now...why don't other companies realize that when you have consistant high-quality service, you have happy customers, and probably good profits as a result!
    01-03-10 10:48 AM
    I curious about screen protectors....I will get my OtterBox (my first) for my Storm2 tomorrow...but what about the screen protectors...are they permanent or can they be removed later?
    01-06-10 08:38 PM
    No they can be removed.
    01-06-10 08:45 PM
    Well not so good for my defender case I will be returning it for the following reasons.

1. the case will not fully snap shut with the screen/keyboard protector around the phone

2. The phone does not vibrate while in the(maganet) holster

I bought this off amazon but still email outterbox yesterday no reply back, called and left a message waiting to see if they call or email me back

Update : I guess what outterbox does doesn't matter now as amazon has emailed me back but said it would be 1-2 months before they could get me a replacement and gave me the option of getting credited back so I wil be sending it back since thats just too long of a wait and I would have to send the defective one back once the process was started(1 month deadline on that so be without a case maybe for a month) so if I decided to get another will probably go directly to outterbox but they cost more there so might just give up on this case
    01-07-10 07:25 AM
    I love good customer service stories... 99% of the time people only share negative experiences and they make it seem like every service and product on earth is crappy.
    +1 I think it's so important to share these good experiences. When people only write about the bad ones, it just doesn't give a true picture to those of us reading. Thanks for posting. And thumbs up to Otterbox for doing their part to restore our faith in good service!
    01-07-10 07:29 AM
    Well at least for some people otterbox but has failed to impress me with their CS at this time

28 hrs afer emailing them no response , and no did not go to spam folder

As far as the returned phone call it hasn't occured yet either but I am aware they have not opened since I left that message so not letting that affect my opinion yet. If they do return my call or email me I may just purchase from them direct but have to wrapp up this with amazon first since that is who i went tho on original purchase
    Last edited by DavidNC; 01-07-10 at 07:52 AM.
    01-07-10 07:45 AM
    Update:

The woman from otterbox called me back and has shipped me a new case out !! So yeap I now agreee great CS even when not purchased directly tho them
    01-07-10 08:48 AM
    I absolutely LOVE my otterbox. I work as a psych nurse, patients flip out which generally results in a wrestling match. This case has lasted through more of these than I can count. My phone has been knocked off and kicked without a resulting scratch. I will never use anything else if given a choice. This is a great product, I have not had to rely on the customer service at all because the case is such a beast!!
    01-08-10 09:43 AM
    just wanna share my experience with otterbox...

I bought a defender case for my iphone two weeks. The case somehow expanded and makes squeaking noises. There's also a huge line of gap on top. I emailed their customer service and expected maybe to get an exchange........ and they asked for my address and just sent me a new one. No proof of purchase, and I dont have to send the old case back. Now this is the customer service I'm talking about, just wow! Why can't other companies be like this? Warranty is warranty, no strings attached!

(I know this is a blackberry forum. Well I use to have a 8900 and I'm just really impressed with otterbox and wants to tell someone)
    01-20-10 02:55 AM
    just wanna share my experience with otterbox...

I bought a defender case for my iphone two weeks. The case somehow expanded and makes squeaking noises. There's also a huge line of gap on top. I emailed their customer service and expected maybe to get an exchange........ and they asked for my address and just sent me a new one. No proof of purchase, and I dont have to send the old case back. Now this is the customer service I'm talking about, just wow! Why can't other companies be like this? Warranty is warranty, no strings attached!

(I know this is a blackberry forum. Well I use to have a 8900 and I'm just really impressed with otterbox and wants to tell someone)

lol , good to hear also .... and you still have one according to your info on your post IE: device model:8900(curve)
    Last edited by DavidNC; 01-20-10 at 04:42 AM.
    01-20-10 04:38 AM
    I am really puzzled by the amount of people that have and love their Otterbox cases. I have tried twice now and I quit.

I tried the Commuter first, bought directly from Otterbox. With the case on the phone, the screen would become unresponsive. Called Otterbox back and they approved the return.

Now I recently decided to try again and got the Defender from VZW. Same thing... the screen becomes unresponsive. Not only would the screen stop working but the amount of dust that got INSIDE the case and on the INSIDE of the Defender screen cover and all over my Storm's screen was horrible!

I don't know why I am having so much trouble, but I quit with Otterbox stuff. The Defender I got from VZW...packaging says the case was made in China...
    01-21-10 11:35 AM
    I am getting my Defender tomorrow. I will set it up on my phone and let everyone know how it works out.
    01-21-10 04:45 PM
    The Defender is wonderful. I lobe it. Wish I had got the yellow and Black instead of all black but that is now 20/20. Great product and great service
    01-24-10 08:54 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD