Here's a nice little coupon code: TechBargains109n. It will give you 20% off. Just got mine for $32 shipped. Can't wait.

Just completed my order and can't wait for this thing!! Thanks mah man for going out of your way and providing the coupon code it worked beautifully.
    Saved an extra $7.00

Cheers! And my wife wonder's why I'm addicted to this place
    12-11-09 08:44 PM
    @Zipper:

As long as you use Blackberries, you are still addicted to this community ... Welcome aboard ^___^
    12-11-09 08:53 PM

Rules. I love how it feels in your hand with the case on. When my bb was naked I was so scared to take it out in public.
    12-11-09 09:01 PM
    ^^wow I cant wait to get mine!!!
    12-11-09 10:49 PM
    after reading the thread, i decided to get one using the 20% off code! Can't wait to get mine.
    12-12-09 12:30 AM

Rules. I love how it feels in your hand with the case on. When my bb was naked I was so scared to take it out in public.
    Couldn't agree more...!
    The 9700 is a little bit slippery on my big hands when naked. Now, it feels more solid and rugged...!
    12-12-09 06:22 AM
    [QUOTE=Alxis;4284821]
    By the way I believe you can purchase the original 9000 bold holster to fit this commuter case or the sedio spring clip holster.
    ^^ will the 9700 with commuter fit in oem leather holster or do I need the 9000 oem leather holster?
    12-16-09 10:29 PM
    Question how much does the otterbox increase the size of the phone , will it for example be able to fit into a leather pouch for a blackberry 9000?
    ^^ also interested in this answer...
    12-16-09 10:33 PM
    ^^ also interested in this answer...
    I am using my 9000 OEM holster with this 9700 commuter case and it works great. Puts it to sleep in the holster and slides out easy.
    12-16-09 10:45 PM
    I am using my 9000 OEM holster with this 9700 commuter case and it works great. Puts it to sleep in the holster and slides out easy.
    ^^ thanks! So I need to buy now the 9000 OEM holster (should have kept it when I sold my 9000)...which one do u think is legit? Amazon has it for $10 and here on CB it is like $25...

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=q3TTZ8A_

Amazon.com: OEM BlackBerry Koskin Holster Leather Pouch Case fits BlackBerry Bold 9000 + Free SF Planet Neckstrap !: Cell Phones & Service
    Last edited by mandeepkavita; 12-16-09 at 11:03 PM.
    12-16-09 11:01 PM
    had the 9000 and returning to the 9700 cuz ATT sucks and i don't want to give up 3G service by bringing an unlocked 9000 to Tmobile sooo im getting the Commuter case and would like to know if anyone has found a belt clip that works or should i just go with the holster recommeded by the previous reply?
    As said in this thread, the holster belt clip that works very well with this case is the 9000 stock holster clip. Other than that there were a few other belt clip cases that were mentioned that work well.
    12-20-09 01:58 AM
    I just picked one up off ebay for $14.99 with free shipping. Guaranteed to be authentic and sealed in the original packaging. Can't beat that deal.. so I bought 2
    12-20-09 03:40 AM
    this is the answer that finally swayed me. when I heard that this fit perfectly in the 9000 holster I pulled the trigger and ordered one
    12-20-09 07:31 AM
    I am in love with Otterbox cases. I was happy to find this thread because for some reason everyone I encourage to buy one of these cases just refuses to listen to me about how exceptional they are! They settle for cheap cases and then I get be smug when they whine about how their phone got wet or dropped and now they have to buy a new one. Sometimes it's nice to be able to say, "I told you so!"

I got my first BlackBerry a couple years ago and because I'm so hard on my gadgets I immediately searched for the best possible case I could find. I was a little leery when I discovered Otterbox because the Defender case was $50. I went ahead and took the leap, though, because it just looked like an exceptionally good case and because I knew from long experience as a tech what very high quality Otterbox products consistently are. My purchase was well justified. The inner silicone membrane was an essential must-have because I HAD to have the keyboard protected. I know how careless I can be, and I could just envision my phone getting splashed (which happened a number of times) and just going belly-up on me. The case protected the phone brilliantly well.

My old BlackBerry is still in pristine condition despite being dropped hundreds of times, splashed, sat upon, slept on, knocked around, and dropped down the side of a mountain while I was hiking in the High Sierras (and boy, was it interesting having to get down that slope to retrieve it! ). The phone was perfectly protected at all times.

When I got my new 9700 I immediately contacted Otterbox to find out when they'd be releasing their cases for it, and here we are just a month later and two out of the three are available. I'm terrified of taking my Berry out in public because I'm such a klutz, and it already has the tiny minute signs of wear you get when you use your phone naked. I'm a bit upset about that because the 9700 is a really beautiful phone, but at least I have a screen protector and a cheesy little hardshell case until I can order the Defender!

For anyone who is really hard on their phone or who does a lot of outdoor activities or sports and would like to take their phone with them and still be free of concern, I could not recommend the Defender case more highly. Fifty bucks is nearly a giveaway.

Now if I can just fix the irritating infinite reboot loop that my phone started out of the blue last night (it was just sitting there and suddenly, kapow, endless reboot started) everything will be perfect!

Mine came for the 9700 today. Got a small piece of something behind the screen protector; and had to take it off, since I couldn't eliminate the bubble around it.. It's no longer usable and no replacements are available as a separate part. That screen protector is also a whole lot more prone to fingerprinting that the bare screen; so I'm going to leave it without.

As to the question about the top mute and lock buttons. Yes, they are covered; but there is a push button for each - somewhat like the side buttons.
    The italicized, bolded bit of your post is very strange to me. On two separate occasions when I needed replacement parts for the Defender case on my 8100, I contacted Otterbox and was ready and willing to pay for them, and not only did I receive immediate replies from their customer service, but the replacements were shipped free of charge and I had them within just a few days.

They told me that there is a lifetime warranty on the case and that replacement parts are always free. Perhaps this was just for the Defender series, though. I jokingly said, "So I can get a brand new case for free, in essence?" and she said "Yup."

Perhaps if you havent already, you should contact them and ask them about a replacement screen protector.

just a heads up Boat and Marine Supplies has the commuter case for $21 and the impact case for $8.50

and as soon as i post this theyre out of stock :P

I just checked - these are back in stock. I might order my Defender from this source if they carry it, unless Amazon has it for the same price. Thanks for the heads up on this site! The Commuter case is so inexpensive I might buy one just to have it.

Happy holidays, everyone!
    12-20-09 09:52 AM
    Ordering mine tonight...can't wait
    Thanks for all the reviews, made it an easy choice especially since I can use the 9000 holster.
    12-20-09 09:45 PM
    Lucky for me I don't pay for them. So I have 2 defender cases on the way. Well Jan 2nd when there released in the defender series. Love these cases.
    12-20-09 10:53 PM
    I just ordered mine from Otterbox.com with the aforementioned discount code. Looking forward to getting it! Thanks for all the reviews/pics. Made it an easy decision!
    12-21-09 10:49 AM
    You won't be sorry its a very nice case. Just as a note you may have to "train" the jack and usb plugs to stay in. It might take a couple of days but they will stay sooner or later.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 12-21-09 at 11:29 AM.
    12-21-09 10:57 AM
    You won't be sorry its a very nice case. Just as a note you may have to "train" the jack and usb plugs to stay in. It might take a couple of days but they will sooner or later.
    A small price to pay for keeping my new phone from getting jacked up over the course of daily use.
    12-21-09 10:59 AM
    just ordered it with the 20% off coupon
    i cant wait

whats the best way to clean the screen before applying the screen protector
    12-21-09 12:40 PM
    just ordered it with the 20% off coupon
    i cant wait

whats the best way to clean the screen before applying the screen protector
    It comes with a (I think) microfiber cloth to clean the screen with before applying the screen protector. I found that good enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 12:51 PM
    nice cant wait hopefully it comes before xmas
    12-21-09 01:34 PM
    Ordered mine on Friday. can't wait for it to come
    12-21-09 01:52 PM
    they have like upgraded shipping on everything over $20
    so it worked out perfectly
    12-21-09 01:53 PM
    Just got mine, and looks really nice. Adds very little bulk. Ordered based on everyones comments, so thanks
    12-21-09 05:33 PM
178 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD