**First time Otterbox customer here**
    I just received my commuter case and I like it for the most part; however... my one issue is with the headphone jack pice which doesn't fit accurately. The rubberized piece is bunched up there and it doesn't fit flush. A very small problem but I wonder how it will do over time.
    12-01-09 12:58 AM
    Thanks AllenT for your input and thanks jeb for the coupon code! I just ordered the commuter! I'm excited to get it!!!!!! I hope I'm not disappointed with the size, but I figure I could always exchange it if I am.
    Last edited by veryape; 12-01-09 at 01:33 AM.
    12-01-09 01:12 AM
    mine does not move on any side. it fits perfect and i really like the quality of this case. its a nice tight fit. it feels like its a part of the phone
    Same here.
    12-01-09 01:14 AM
    **First time Otterbox customer here**
    I just received my commuter case and I like it for the most part; however... my one issue is with the headphone jack pice which doesn't fit accurately. The rubberized piece is bunched up there and it doesn't fit flush. A very small problem but I wonder how it will do over time.
    This also happened to me at first. You must play with the case a bit. It may not be lined up just right and that causes the plugs to pop out. You also must train the plugs to stay in. Mine fit just fine nice and solid. Please view the picture below of the plugs on my phone. Try installing and re installing the case to make sure its on square.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 12-01-09 at 04:56 AM.
    12-01-09 01:20 AM
    At what store do I input the code to get the discount?
    12-01-09 08:53 AM
    At what store do I input the code to get the discount?
    I used the code TechBargains109n on otterbox.com and got 20% off
    12-01-09 12:36 PM
    just a heads up Boat and Marine Supplies has the commuter case for $21 and the impact case for $8.50

and as soon as i post this theyre out of stock :P
    Last edited by fftootall34; 12-01-09 at 02:24 PM.
    12-01-09 02:18 PM
    Does the otterbox cover up the top two bottons (silence, lock)?
    12-01-09 03:12 PM
    just a heads up Boat and Marine Supplies has the commuter case for $21 and the impact case for $8.50

and as soon as i post this theyre out of stock :P
    Ugh

Does the otterbox cover up the top two bottons (silence, lock)?
    Looks like it
    12-01-09 03:21 PM
    Oh Crap! Mine already arrived in Abu Dhabi since yesterday but they could not deliver it until Sunday.

I made our office's headquarters in Abu Dhabi as my delivery address since FedEx don't have delivery service here in my location (desert area 270+Kms from Abu Dhabi City) & from there, our company will send it to me here. FedEx can't deliver it until Sunday because it is holiday here in UAE for 1 straight week due to Eid & UAE National Days...

Ahhh..! I sure am desperate already to get my hands on my Otterbox...!!!
    12-01-09 03:36 PM
    If the top buttons are covered up by the otterbox then how do you guys who have one lock and unlock your phone or put it on silent without the hassle of going through menus?
    12-01-09 06:13 PM
    Just got Otterbox Commuter for 9700. Comes in three pieces. Includes a separate screen protector, soft, rubberized skin which is perfectly constructed to fit, and an outer rigid shell. The Mute Key and Lock Key are covered by the skin (both buttons easily function through the skin). The headphone jack and microUSB port are covered by flaps attached to the skin which easily open and close. The right and left convenience keys and volume button is also covered by the skin, though the skin in these areas is firm and protrudes for ease of function. Again, all buttons are accessible and function well through the skin. The hard shell wraps smoothly around the 9700 and assists in keeping the skin secure on the device. The camera lens, flash, and speaker ports are cleared via cutouts. The overall fit is PERFECT as I expected, the device feels great in the hand, and I would give Otterbox a 9 out of 10 for this case. The only reason that I would not give the case a full 10 is because you CANNOT charge your device with this case applied IF you use the charging pod. I do not use a charging pod. See the case, as well as another case option at otterbox.xom.
    12-01-09 06:41 PM
    Thank you for clearing up my question jds4000. Its kind of a bummer that you cannot use the charging pod but I guess thats not too important.
    12-01-09 10:37 PM
    YES!!!!! I had it for my 8900 and missed the **** out of it when I got the9700. FYI the Seidio Innocase belt clip works awesome with Commuter.
    12-02-09 07:45 AM
    Ordered it just now!
    12-02-09 07:59 AM
    can anybody tell me the quality of those flaps?

my friend had a otterbox defender on his bold 9000 and the flap covering his mini usb teared off within 2 weeks of use.
    12-02-09 10:16 AM
    can anybody tell me the quality of those flaps?

my friend had a otterbox defender on his bold 9000 and the flap covering his mini usb teared off within 2 weeks of use.
    What I have for my 8820 opens on the bottom side, just like the one for the Bold 9000, & I do admit that I notice a very small tear on the inside of it just now. But it has been with me (& still does) for the past 1 & 1/2 year already, so I guess it bought itself already, meaning, it is durable, at least in my case...

Now, if you look at the images of the Commuter Case for the Bold 9700 on their website, you will notice that it opens now at the side, & if you look more closely, there are now three small holes. I think this design will better weather the abuse of the routine opening & closing of the flap due to charging/synching.
    12-02-09 10:39 AM
    I had one on my 8900 for a few months with no problems and I just ordered one for my 9700. It is definitely well built.
    12-02-09 05:25 PM
    Mine came for the 9700 today. Got a small piece of something behind the screen protector; and had to take it off, since I couldn't eliminate the bubble around it.. It's no longer usable and no replacements are available as a separate part. That screen protector is also a whole lot more prone to fingerprinting that the bare screen; so I'm going to leave it without.

As to the question about the top mute and lock buttons. Yes, they are covered; but there is a push button for each - somewhat like the side buttons.
    Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 12-02-09 at 06:51 PM.
    12-02-09 06:47 PM
    What I have for my 8820 opens on the bottom side, just like the one for the Bold 9000, & I do admit that I notice a very small tear on the inside of it just now. But it has been with me (& still does) for the past 1 & 1/2 year already, so I guess it bought itself already, meaning, it is durable, at least in my case...

Now, if you look at the images of the Commuter Case for the Bold 9700 on their website, you will notice that it opens now at the side, & if you look more closely, there are now three small holes. I think this design will better weather the abuse of the routine opening & closing of the flap due to charging/synching.
    hopefully your right.
    i just ordered one!
    12-02-09 07:24 PM
    The default case the 9700 comes with......

Have any of you guys who have the outter box, does it fit inside the case? I like the new carrying case it comes with but love the outter box and would love even more if they worked together.
    12-03-09 06:03 PM
    It won't fit, but fits great in the 9000 case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 06:16 PM
    YES!!!!! I had it for my 8900 and missed the **** out of it when I got the9700. FYI the Seidio Innocase belt clip works awesome with Commuter.
    is this true???? does the seidio innocase holster work with the otterbox commuter????
    12-03-09 06:41 PM
    If the top buttons are covered up by the otterbox then how do you guys who have one lock and unlock your phone or put it on silent without the hassle of going through menus?
    Covered Yes BUT Fully functioning.
    12-03-09 06:47 PM
    Just got my commuter case and am very impressed with it. Looks like this is a keeper. I've had the Seidio II innocase before on my 8900 and found that it scratched up my bezel when taking off the case, so didn't go that route for my 9700. Went with the OEM silicone skin while it did cover the phone and didn't feel snug. And felt that if I did drop it that there wouldn't be that much shock protection. Enter the communter case, is everything I need , fits well, and I feel confident that if and when I do drop my phone it will be just fine. Actually makes the phone feel better, so for those who thought the 9700 was too small for your hands (like those who upgraded from the bold 9000) this will make it feel better in your hands, at least for me it did. Perfect size for me, not too big and not too small. Most of all is looks awesome. I would still consider the defender for those times I have to head hiking etc... but I think the commuter case would be more than sufficient for anything, unless you work construction or something that would require you to give the phone a beating. Even then I would still feel comfortable with the commuter.. anyways just my thoughts
    12-03-09 10:53 PM
178 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD