How do you put the Otterbox on? Does it open into 2 halves?
    11-29-09 02:36 PM
    Can someone who gets the case provide an idea of how much bulk it adds to the phone?
    I would say it adds a little under the thickness of a palm treo 700w. I have a defender case for my 8900 and that's what it feels like. I'm sure the commuter is a bit smaller but not by much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 02:36 PM
    How do you put the Otterbox on? Does it open into 2 halves?
    No its a flexi rubber case with a hard plastic over clip so you have the protection of the rubber but the smoothness of a hard plastic case. Very easy to get on or off. Look closely at the pictures I posted you will see how the plastic clip goes over the rubber. You install the case just like a silicone one then the plastic outer shell snaps over it.
    11-29-09 03:04 PM
    I totally agree with datacentre if it only had a holster with it I would buy it!!
    11-29-09 04:11 PM
    Do you guys think Otterbox Commuter case fits the Seidio Innocase Holster ?
    11-29-09 08:16 PM
    have one on my 8520, and just ordered one for my 9700
    thanks for the coupon code
    11-29-09 09:51 PM
    I totally agree with datacentre if it only had a holster with it I would buy it!!
    Yup...putting this in your pocket would be tough to get out being that it's rubber. Would stick. I like my phone on my hip for quick access...for those times you're in a meeting and forget to put on vibrate.
    11-29-09 10:21 PM
    Do you guys think Otterbox Commuter case fits the Seidio Innocase Holster ?
    I think it does with the Storm2 it might with the 9700 also.
    11-29-09 11:54 PM
    Just got my in the mail today and I have to say, i love this case. coming off using the Bold 9000, this case gives me a better grip and feel holding the phone. And the case does not add much size to the phone. I was using the Ifrogz skin case from AT&T and i was having trouble hitting the side keys because of the edge of the ifrogz skin case. I don't have this problem with the Otterbox. As for holstering it, it fits perfectly in the Bold 9000 holster which is my set up now.
    11-30-09 03:27 PM
    Just got my in the mail today and I have to say, i love this case. coming off using the Bold 9000, this case gives me a better grip and feel holding the phone. And the case does not add much size to the phone. I was using the Ifrogz skin case from AT&T and i was having trouble hitting the side keys because of the edge of the ifrogz skin case. I don't have this problem with the Otterbox. As for holstering it, it fits perfectly in the Bold 9000 holster which is my set up now.
    Which kind of holster u are using together with your otterbox case ?
    11-30-09 03:54 PM
    Which kind of holster u are using together with your otterbox case ?
    I am using the stock black leather swivel Holster that came with the bold 9000 or u can buy a new one for $10. it is a perfit fit. and i feel like my phone is perfectly protected
    11-30-09 04:56 PM
    otterbox makes very nice stuff!!! but hows the bulk on it?
    having never seen one in person until now, this will not be my last otterbox. This is very nice stuff. as for the size, it does not add any bulk to the 9700. With the communter on, it is just a little bit thicker than the Bold 9000. But the 9000 is still wider than the 9700 with the otterbox on. It can fit nicely in the Bold 9000 swivel case if u want a holster case for it.
    11-30-09 05:09 PM
    I am using the stock black leather swivel Holster that came with the bold 9000 or u can buy a new one for $10. it is a perfit fit. and i feel like my phone is perfectly protected
    LOL that's really a 100% protection. I will buy some cases and decide which one fits my taste. I love my phone naked, but the BSE or Phantomskinz is really hard to apply it perfectly,
    11-30-09 06:01 PM
    Can you post a picture?
    11-30-09 06:11 PM
    Can you post a picture?
    Here you go.
    11-30-09 07:14 PM
    I am interested in a otterbox case. I was going to get the commuter case today when I noticed the impact is now available as well. I don't know what to get now, as I originally thought the commuter case might be too bulky (I am a girl). If anyone has any comparison info or experience with both, that will be helpful. I've never seen either of these cases in person. Although, AllenT your phone looks really good and not too bulky in the pictures you posted.
    11-30-09 07:27 PM
    I'm waiting for the case-mate signature series with the combo holster. It's a nice leather case covering a stiff material. Very nice feeling in your hand. I have it for my pearl.
    11-30-09 07:28 PM
    I am interested in a otterbox case. I was going to get the commuter case today when I noticed the impact is now available as well. I don't know what to get now, as I originally thought the commuter case might be too bulky (I am a girl). If anyone has any comparison info or experience with both, that will be helpful. I've never seen either of these cases in person. Although, AllenT your phone looks really good and not too bulky in the pictures you posted.
    The 9700 with the communter is not bulky at all.. it still feels smaller than holding the 9000. The 9000 still feels wider in the hand. I think you will be happy with the impact or the commuter. This is my first otterbox and i am loving it.
    Last edited by AllenT; 11-30-09 at 07:37 PM.
    11-30-09 07:32 PM
    @ AllenT:

Do you feel the sides of your case move around a bit as someone stated it?
    11-30-09 07:40 PM
    @ AllenT:

Do you feel the sides of your case move around a bit as someone stated it?
    mine does not move on any side. it fits perfect and i really like the quality of this case. its a nice tight fit. it feels like its a part of the phone
    11-30-09 08:36 PM
    Thanks Allen, your confirmation convinced me to buy this case! Many thanks
    11-30-09 08:47 PM
    Thanks for the picture. Since it fits good in the 9000 holster, I will order the case.
    11-30-09 08:55 PM
    Do you find with the Otter commuter case that the vibration on the phone has lessened ith this case. One thing I luv about this phone is the vibration function is alot better than the 8900 I had. I'm in meetings alot, and live on the vibration function.
    11-30-09 10:26 PM
    Do you find with the Otter commuter case that the vibration on the phone has lessened ith this case. One thing I luv about this phone is the vibration function is alot better than the 8900 I had. I'm in meetings alot, and live on the vibration function.
    I have the phone inside the holster and i can still feel the vibration .. and I use the vibration setting all the time at work.
    12-01-09 12:06 AM
    thanks AllenT, just ordered mine based on your description and how it fits in the bold 9000 holster too
    12-01-09 12:35 AM
178 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD