Thanks to CB user ju1ce for alerting us that RIM is now offering an easier solution to get all your old pre-OS 6.0 ringtones back!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ho...ml#post5857839

Just install the .jad file from here:
    http://mobile.blackberry.com/resourc...0x360_03_b.jad

You will need to install this every time you wipe/upgrade your device as there is no actual .cod installed that could be backed up and automatically restored...but it's easier than using BBSAK and this comes from RIM directly. As such, you'll need to do a selective restore and restore only the item "sounds" in order to get your proper profile settings back (only after an upgrade/downgrade/reinstall of the OS).

Thanks again ju1ce!
    Last edited by jeffreii; 12-14-10 at 06:24 AM.
    12-12-10 11:34 AM
    WOW! Thank you for this!

I wish they would just show up on the normal list of sounds, instead of having to click "View All Alerts" but this is great!

Thank you for sharing this link
    12-12-10 11:58 AM
    +1 here too. Thanks
    12-12-10 12:07 PM
    I truly think CB should publish this .jad/link to their main page/blog so everyone knows about it.
    Lyls and jernate like this.
    12-12-10 02:02 PM
    Been looking for this since I got my Torch, thanks to you all!
    12-12-10 03:16 PM
    awesome! Thank you soo very much
    12-12-10 06:53 PM
    Very good find!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 07:49 PM
    Nice find, but it goes thru the motions of downloading. The I get a "Download Failed" message that says "907 Invalid COD
    incorrect data check" I'm running .246 for my OS

12-12-10 08:53 PM
    Nice find, but it goes thru the motions of downloading. The I get a "Download Failed" message that says "907 Invalid COD
    incorrect data check" I'm running .246 for my OS
    Did you try downloading it again? Perhaps a battery pull then try?
    12-12-10 09:24 PM
    Well good post OP, cheers great find. Made my day that has :-)

12-12-10 09:56 PM
    I suggest saving this file to your MicroSD to easily install it every time you upgrade/downgrade or reinstall an OS.

Remember that after an OS upgrade/downgrade/reinstall you'll need to restore your "sounds" setting again after installing this so that it can set the proper sounds.

Updating first post to reflect that info.
    12-14-10 06:23 AM
    Thanks a bunch for this!
    12-14-10 07:15 AM
    How do I save it to the microsd ? I never even knew that was possible ?! Help

12-14-10 07:27 AM
    Save it?? Really? But how? I mean I can save the link to my sd card easy enough, but how do I save the actual file on my bb? I suppose I could go onto my PC and right click and "Save Link As" then copy the file from there to my SD card, but is there a way to save it directly on the bb without having to use a computer?

12-14-10 07:46 AM
    How do I save it to the microsd ? I never even knew that was possible ?! Help
    Save it?? Really? But how? I mean I can save the link to my sd card easy enough, but how do I save the actual file on my bb? I suppose I could go onto my PC and right click and "Save Link As" then copy the file from there to my SD card, but is there a way to save it directly on the bb without having to use a computer?
    I don't think there's a way to do it with just the BB...but I just saved the .jad on my computer and stuck it on my MicroSD. Now when I upgrade I'll just click the file and won't have to go find the download link.
    12-14-10 09:16 AM
    Let me clarify one thing...saving the .jad is not the actual files. The .jad is just a link to the download.

Once you click the .jad from your MicroSD card it will ask if you want to download the 3.5MB .cod to your device.

Having it on your MicroSD just saves you the trouble of having to find and use the manual download link every time.
    12-14-10 09:26 AM
    I wish folks would write how-to's without assuming anything. Several questions:

1. Where/what folder do you put the JAD file?
    2. How do you access the JAD file from the BB?

Nothing in the 9800 User's Guide.

Thanks.

Pete
    New Torch 9800 user
    12-22-10 11:01 PM

Thanks.

Pete
    New Torch 9800 user
    Download directly to the phone and it will automatically ask to install it.

Or you can download to your computer, copy it to your phone, then launch it from your phone. To launch it from your phone you can either locate it using the built in "Files" app or use a 3rd Pary App like FileScout.
    12-22-10 11:12 PM

Thanks.

Pete
    New Torch 9800 user
    Download directly to the phone and it will automatically ask to install it.
    How? Type that freaking long URL into the BB Browser?

Or you can download to your computer, copy it to your phone, then launch it from your phone. To launch it from your phone you can either locate it using the built in "Files" app or use a 3rd Pary App like FileScout.
    Stating the same thing multiple times doesn't make it any more understandable. I have done computer technical support for 20 years, but find these SmartPhones non-intuitive. I miss my Palm....sniff...but tired of carrying two devices.

So "copy it to your phone" means I can dump it into any folder?

Thanks.

Pete
    New Torch 9800 User
    12-22-10 11:45 PM
    Well, downloaded to computer, moved to Home folder, but get the "Download failed 907" error. I use Chrome, so maybe the It-Ain't-Gonna-Work-Unless-You-Download-It-In-IE situation I've read about.

Manually typed longa$$ URL into BB Browser....successfully downloaded and installed.

Thanks.

Pete
    Torch 9800 n00b
    12-23-10 01:22 AM

Cheers for this! Just downloaded straight onto my 9700 running OS 6 and and its great! Classic OS 5 ringtones on a better OS. Will definitely have this on my 9780 next month! Merry Xmas

12-23-10 01:42 AM
    Well, downloaded to computer, moved to Home folder, but get the "Download failed 907" error. I use Chrome, so maybe the It-Ain't-Gonna-Work-Unless-You-Download-It-In-IE situation I've read about.

Manually typed longa$$ URL into BB Browser....successfully downloaded and installed.

Thanks.

Pete
    Torch 9800 n00b
    You could also browse to this thread - using regular forums or the quicker wapforums.crackberry.com

I often just email the link to myself.

You can copy/paste the .jad file to anywhere on the phone and it should run just fine. I downloaded it using Firefox and it worked fine.
    12-23-10 09:31 AM

Thanks.

Pete
    Torch 9800 n00b
    IE doesn't even exists on my pc except in core functions. I use firefox all day long and even used to use it for windows updates back on XP(there's a little add on called IE tab, tricks websites into thinking your using IE). Perhaps its just a Google Chrome issue?

Just for a spin on this, perhaps since google makes android they wont allow you to do anything that has to do with another phone OS on their browser? I know this probably isn't true, but hey you never know.
    12-23-10 09:36 AM
    many thanks
    12-29-10 10:37 AM
    Does anyone know where to find "lonely_bell" or "piano_contemplation?" GRR stupid OS6 ****.
    12-30-10 10:36 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD