I just ordered replacement parts from them for my 8330, and the parts were used. The side rails had tabs missing and the antenna cover had both the top tabs missing/broken off. The lens had scratches in it and the back cover wouldn't even fit the phone. In their defense, the parts came about 10 days after I ordered them and they responded to my email about 2 hours after I submitted it. They offered a full refund if I send the parts back. I still wish I had the new parts instead of the refund. Crackberry needs to start selling these parts.
    07-20-09 08:28 PM
    Regardless of this thread, I went ahead and just submitted an order from the company. I couldn't find better prices anywhere and the colored trackballs were perfect for what I wanted. We'll see how it works out...
    07-31-09 12:26 PM
    i read the thread a couple times and i was a little hesitant about ordering but i did it anyway because i needed a new LCD for my 8900 i placed my order on Wednesday 7/29/09 and received it today 7/31/09 i was extremely surprised at how fast it arrived, i would order again and would recommend anyone else to order from them also, im putting it my new screen tomorrow
    07-31-09 08:03 PM
    Just to update - I ordered a pink trackball and 2 new trackball rings (white & pink) on Friday July 31 and I got them on Monday Aug 3. So my order was pretty quick at being filled/shipped. Hopefully the problems that you guys had really were due to being understaffed or whatever.
    08-06-09 02:53 PM
    im stupid i didnt see these forums before ordering from that ****y company. does the owner of it even know what he is doing. the same thing happened to me that happened to all these people. i called fonlogix to check on my order like a hundred times and they told me that the product i ordered is out of stock, everytime damn time that i called them. they are starting to **** me off. my order (#35466) was placed on 8/3/09 and it hasnt even been shipped yet. dont ever order from FONLOGIX im surprised the company is still up and running.
    08-10-09 10:40 PM
    I ordered my screen from Fonlogix after mine broke and VZN rep recommended them. It said it was out of stock but ordered anyway because the price couldn't be beat. Received it two days later!!! Was thrilled with this company and will order from again if need be! Maybe all their problems have been fixed.
    08-10-09 11:49 PM
    Matt
    Your will ship later today. unfortunately because we get so many orders
    there are times when things happen majority of those posts are older than 6-9 months.
    we have over 25,000 customers there are bound to be issues.
    checkout the BBB record for amazon its filled with complaints.
    We have Fortune 100 companies and major airlines as repeat customers.
    If you have a good experience we would be happy if you post it.
    Thanks
    Fonlogix
    Customer Service

----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 8:22 AM
    Subject: RE: New Order # 36623

Prepare and ship order ASAP or I will report you to BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, after ordering I did a search on crackberry.com and your company showed up as a problem. Seems numerous people have ordered things and never got them. I will give you one chance to earn my business. Prepare and ship order ASAP...

Thank you
    08-14-09 01:27 PM
    I thought I would add my 2�.

I ordered a replacement housing for my 8130. This was the only company I could find that offered the Alltel branded red housing and it was in-stock, so naturally I jumped on it. I placed my order on Aug 7 and received a conformation that a tracking number would be emailed to me when the order shipped. I never received a tracking number. After emailing the company a week later on Aug 14 and not receiving a reply, I called their customer service number on Aug 17 and spoke with a young lady. She told me that the housing was back-ordered and they would receive it in a few days. They would then email me when it was shipped.

I am a bit disturbed that the website listed the part as in-stock when I ordered it (it suddenly changed to back-ordered this week), but for now, I guess I will just continue to wait.

Edit:

I received the housing yesterday (Sept 2) but I never did receive a notice it had shipped. The housing is in excellent condition and came with a removable plastic cover over the inside of the lens. Most front pieces simply have a piece of tape and it is almost impossible to remove it without getting dust and fingerprints on the lens, so I was very pleased with this. Also, the front piece actually came with the speaker and LED magnifier, so I didn't have to worry about replacing those pieces. The only complaint I have is the bottom cover is unbranded and doesn't quite match the color of the rest of the housing. My old bottom cover is not in too bad condition, so I just snapped it into place. Plus, I didn't notice when I ordered the housing that it does not come with a battery cover, but those are plentiful and cheap elsewhere.

All in all, I was not too pleased with the shipping time but the quality of the housing and the price make up for it.
    Last edited by southpaw6166; 09-03-09 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Order Update
    08-20-09 10:33 AM
    if this company is legit. I placed an order on the 26th for about $60 worth of products and got an immediate order confirmation and charge on my account (go figure). It is now the 31st and I did not hear any news on the shipment of my item until I called them today. I was told that my item should be shipping out today and I would receive the shipment confirmation (sounds familiar from reading this site). Hopefully the order actually ships out instead of just printing a shipping label. If they ship my order as promised I will give them an "Atta boy". If they do not I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and blast them on every site I can find like RipoffReport.com etc. My aim will be to bring their company rating to an F. To be honest I am not sure how it isn't already an F based on the feedback from this site. Maybe (hopefully) they have improved, but we will see. I will make sure to post my results. Wish me luck.
    08-31-09 04:00 PM
    I have had a great experience with this company. I have ordered twice in the last month and received the items within a couple days. They shipped out same day I oredered them. The only problem is if you purchase a battery, it charges, but does not hold the charge at all, so I would not buy another battery from them again.
    09-02-09 08:14 AM
    Crap...i just ordered something from them before I saw this post.
    09-06-09 01:03 PM
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to the forum. Just wanted to post my results from dealing with this company. After I posted my first post on this site all of the items I ordered came in about three business days later. So overall my experience with this company was satisfactory, and I would use them again. Maybe they have improved from their past. Just wanted to let you guys know. Thanks.
    09-10-09 11:54 AM
    Okay so update for me. I ordered 1 item on 9-6-09, and although a bit strange how it all went down, I got my order on 9-10-09.

Strange because I got a shipping notice the day after and then I got an email saying that it was out of stock. Then all of a sudden I got another email with the tracking number and it said it had been delivered on 9-10. I don't really understand their process, but they sent me my item very fast.
    09-11-09 12:07 PM
    Just wanted to add my experience to this thread so others can make an informed decision about using this business.

I recently placed an order with them for a new housing, screws, and LCD screen. All items were listed as in stock, and my card was immediately charged. I received a confirmation notice very shortly after, which again listed all items ordered as being in stock.

After 5 days (more than the time they state it takes to process orders), I emailed them requesting the status of the order, as I hadn't received any shipping confirmation. No reply.

The next day I sent another email requesting the status of the order.

The following day, as I was preparing to send a third request, I received an email from them stating that the housing was out of stock and they would send me an email when it was in stock. I responded immediately, informing them that they had affirmed twice that the parts were all in stock, both on the website when ordering and in the confirmation email, telling them that I would only accept immediate overnight shipment of the parts or a full refund.

Later that day, I received a reply claiming the part was out of stock for weeks, and was listed as out of stock on the website, and that the confirmation email was a glitch. They refused to overnight any parts, and canceled my order (as per my wishes).

The full refund was in my account within 48 hours.

I would have let this all slide, but it was an outright lie that the website had this part listed as out of stock for weeks.

My summary-

Minuses-

-website is either incompetently programmed or run by an outright liar.
    -no notice sent that part was out of stock
    -refused to send other parts overnight so they would be here on time as put forth by their website policies
    -lied about items being listed on website as out of stock

Pluses- full refund given in a timely manner.

Lesson learned- Google companies before buying anything from them. Seeing this thread BEFORE clicking "confirm order" would have saved me a lot of headache and hassle.
    09-11-09 12:48 PM
    I just ordered some parts from fonlogix and i had some doubt after reading this thread but everything worked out got my package in 3 business days...I was very pleased.
    09-18-09 12:46 PM
    I cannot thank everyone here enough for these posts. I had a shopping cart with about $100+ of items from Fonelogix on another IE tab and only did a search for a coupon code and came across this on google.

I emptied my cart and will look elsewhere, thank you all so very much and so sorry to hear about everyone's nightmares
    thats a lie... enything anyone says about fonlogix is a lie..
    i just bought 40 wroth of product last week and recived it todai.. i bought a track ball the ring back cover and front cover.. got it all.
    and that was for my blackberry 8320
    09-30-09 02:10 PM
    thats a lie... enything anyone says about fonlogix is a lie..
    i just bought 40 wroth of product last week and recived it todai.. i bought a track ball the ring back cover and front cover.. got it all.
    and that was for my blackberry 8320

hmm me thinks this is the same guy
    09-30-09 02:36 PM
    And actually fonlogix has an F rating with the BBB

Fonlogix | BBB Review | Monroe, WA
    09-30-09 02:44 PM
    I just ordered some replacement parts from them even after reading this forum.
    I ordered on 10/20/09 and got an email conformation of the order same day.
    I will post again when they confirm the shipment.
    10-21-09 12:54 AM
    I want to all let you know that if this site is legit, so I ordered, but I don't want to rant on this company yet.. My order date is October 24, and they sent me an e-mail about sending me another one if the item is shipped.. Below is what I've ordered from this website.

B00AD9H BlackBerry Trackball Ring - Chrome $1.95

B00AQ9AW BlackBerry Trackball - Black/White $2.95

It came out around $13, because of my location. I'm in CA, I ordered for my cousin too.

Apparently my brother broke my Blackberry a week ago.. My shipment option is FedEx 3 Day Air.

Update if anything changes. Also I'll show any proof that I get my parts. If I ever do..
    10-25-09 08:43 PM
    A quick FYI, I ordered some more parts from fonlogix on oct 24 , today is oct 27 , i received them today .I live in new york . I will order from them again . The first time I ordered parts i was a little nervous but they came in two weeks .
    10-27-09 03:07 PM
    Here's how to break it down, my order comes in 11/03/2009, it's the estimated delivery. I hope they come in that time. My Blackberry needs a ball.. I got a question for people who ordered from this company though. If an item is back ordered, and it's in stock again, will they ship it to you or not? Because I'm only getting the Chrome ring, but not the ball.. So I hope an Fonlogix Employee is out there.. I appreciate your hard work.

Because I'm not about to pay $13 for just one piece, that's insane..
    10-29-09 08:11 PM
    Me here again. I just want to let all of you know, this site is legit. You just need to hold your horses. I got my delivery, today at 11:00am. Below is proof.

This tracking update has been requested by:

Company Name: Fonlogix
    Name: Shipping Dept
    E-mail:

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Our records indicate that the following shipment has been delivered:

Reference: 44495
    Ship (P/U) date: Oct 29, 2009
    Delivery date: Nov 3, 2009 11:00 AM
    Sign for by: Signature not required
    Delivered to: Residence
    Service type: FedEx Express Saver
    Packaging type: FedEx Pak
    Number of pieces: 1
    Weight: 1.00 lb.
    Special handling/Services: Residential Delivery
    Deliver Weekday
    11-03-09 05:17 PM
    ITo whom it may concern,

I've worked in the apps field for what seems to be a lifetime. Starting off at Apple as a Creative Director of UX/I, then starting my own firm years later. Through the course of my duties partnering with T-Mobile, RIM, AT&T, TIme-Warner, Apple, Motorola, etc; I've had to make large parts purchases from a host of various vendors; Though ironically, few have been for Blackberry (we get those directly from RIM). That said, the one time I do have to make a purchase, I erroneously choose Fonlogix. And I must say, it is one of the worst places I've had the displeasure of purchasing parts from to date. This mainly to do with their complete lack of integrity and transparency.

I have a business to run. I can't afford to be told one thing, only to deal with lies that jeopardize client relationships.

• I had to call THEM to find out the status of my order when it didn't show up as promised. I never received a receipt nor confirmation email. Nada.
    I was told my parts were on "backorder", that they would be there by the end of the week. They were not. They lie.

So, here are my reasons why you should shop elsewhere:

• Site states Parts in Stock at time of purchase. > Truth: Most, if not all the parts Fonlogix sells are manufactured in China. Hence the widespread delays from out-of-stock items. There are no "in-stock" items. All of them come from China, some parts taking longer than others to arrive -if they make it at all.

• Shipping info at time of purchase states "FedEx Overnight Delivery". > Truth: Maybe if they had the parts, who knows. But I know of no one who has received their purchase(s) the next day. Ever. Even locally.

• They assert reason buyer(s) cannot pick parts up at their Monroe, WA store is because they are experiencing a "remodel". >Truth: They are BROKERS for parts made in China. That's why it takes so long. You're not dealing with an American company per se, you're dealing with a representative for Chinese manufacturers. They have no parts on their premises.

• BBB has received 21 official complaints lodged against Fonlogix. Think about that. 21 complaints to the BBB since their inception in 2003 -and the numbers are rising. That is extremely bad. To Fonlogix' credit, they did seem to sort things out in the end and make restitution with the clients, but only after they were forced to. Furthermore, prior the return of funds to these outraged clients, they were listed with an 'F' rating. They now hold a C+. It's apparently true that grades are watered down these days. I'd give them an F-.

• Fonlogix' owner is in full control, accountable and cares about his clients. >Truth: He is a mortgage loan officer who resides in Nebraska and Arizona at various times of the year. But curiously, not in the home state Fonlogix does business in (Washington). Why is this? Fonlogix is his side business. It's a hobby to earn extra cash now that the housing market has crashed. So he's taking his business ethic of selling people mortgages who can't afford them and applying the art of misrepresentation to the cell parts industry. He probably has a used car lot somewhere in Arkansas too.

I just can't imagine how this business has managed to stay afloat. It's mind-boggling. Run away.
    11-21-09 03:41 AM
    Although I am not a Blackberry user, I wanted to share my experience with Fonlogix with all of you.

I needed a new touchscreen for my AT&T Tilt. My dogs got hold of my phone and took it out in the rain. After two days of drying there were some nasty gray lines showing in the backlight so, time for a new screen. I did a Google search for the item and came upon Fonlogix and placed my order on Friday, November 13th. Before I placed the order though, I called the company. As you know, they are in Washington State. I'm across the country in NJ. It was early morning in WA when I called. I figured that since the item was in stock, according to their website, that if I placed the order on Friday and paid for Fedex 3 day shipping, I should have the screen by Wednesday. The young woman told me that they ask for 24-48 hours to process orders then it would ship. I did tell her what I was ordering. You'll see where this is going later on. I figured things would be fine.

Then I found this site and read your stories. WHY DID I ORDER FROM FONLOGIX Now, the wait. Like all of you, I did receive an order confirmation and my AMEX card was immediately charged. I received an email tracking confirmation from Fedex on Monday, November 16th. In actuality, it was the notice that the shipping info had been electronically put into the Fedex system as in a shipping label had been created. I decided to call Fonlogix on Wednesday, November 18th. Lo and behold, "one of your items is on backorder." I had also ordered the torx screwdriver kit but I knew the moment she uttered those words it was the screen. I asked her how they could charge a credit card for a backordered item plus why did their site show the item in stock? And when I called last Friday and spoke to her, why didn't she tell me the item was on backorder? Her answer, "we always charge the credit card right away." Not a word about the backorder. I was none too happy. I told her by the time the backorder comes in I will have to wait at least another 24-48 hours for them to process the order then 3 more days for the $8.95 Fedex shipping. She replied that they were expecting an order in "today" and asked me to hold for a moment. When she came back to the phone she said that she went downstairs to the warehouse, i.e. the basement of the house in my opinion , and checked for me. The order was due in today. She also said that she bumped me to Fedex overnight shipping. I thanked her and the wait continued. On Friday, November 20th, I checked my email while at work. Eureka! Fedex had delivered the package to my house.

I think this company must be a business out of someone's house using the "just in time" inventory model. In other words, no inventory on site. They charge the credit cards right away so there is money to buy the parts we've ordered. All in all, if I account for the weekend in between the time the order was placed and when I received the order, a total of one week, plus that I originally paid for 3 day Fedex shipping, I really can't complain. I just hope the screen works. I did watch the video at their site on how to do the install. I'll have my laptop with me when I do it so I don't screw up.

I just wanted to share my story in hopes that it might help some in making their decision as to whether or not to take the chance in buying from Fonlogix. I do think that they should be more honest when it comes to the backorder thing. I told the CS rep that they should just tell the truth and let the consumer deicide. The price they charged for the screen was dirt cheap in comparison to other sites. Some consumers might be willing to wait a bit for the item based on the great price but we have to know this. Some can't wait. My Tilt is for personal use. Many Blackberry owners are using their phones for business. There is no time to wait extra weeks let alone months.

I hope my story helps out here.

-Cathy :- )
    11-21-09 07:24 AM
233 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD