I will probably be buying a Blackberry Bold next week.

I am somewhat rough on my cell phones and have certainly dropped my Curve many times.

Any opinions on what case I should purchase?

Thanks.
    03-21-09 11:36 PM
    I like this case.
    Seidio Innocase Surface for BlackBerry Bold Review | CrackBerry.com
    Also they have review on every case (I think) in the reviews forum. Check it out.
    03-21-09 11:42 PM
    Thank you willy9e.
    03-21-09 11:44 PM
    I really like the OEM horizontal flip top pouch, not the one it comes with. It covers the entire phone, has a low profile, and looks minimal and stylish. I got it for $14.99 +2.99 shipping at eforcity.com
    03-22-09 06:35 AM
    I alternative between OEM silicone skin and CaseMate Smart Skin, both are very good!
    03-22-09 06:44 AM
    Not sure what country you're in, but, there is a case/holster in the box. Well, there is in the U.S

I have such a love/hate relationship with those. I just bought a new holster (since I like my BOLD/case on my hip), but at present it's rather annoying getting it in and out (a little tight, I believe), especially due to the sheer volume of emails I receive. Now I remember why I stayed away from it for so long.
    03-22-09 06:52 AM
    Otterbox defender. Big,bulky,and the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 07:42 AM
    AMZER products are cheap & Best (from $7 to $11)

AMZER :: Products :: Mobile Accessories :: Cases
    03-22-09 08:12 AM
    +1 for the otterbox defender. does what it's designed to do well. my bold rode in the bed of my truck from the fire station to the store (about 4 miles). not a scratch or hint of malfunction.
    03-22-09 08:15 AM
    I've got a bold, and I buy cases. There I've come out of the closet.

Forget non-oem silicone skins, they're too thick.

If you LIKE silicone skins, get the oem ones

Forget the sleeves, they're too hard to get the bb out of.

I like the holster, I like the oem bb horizontal case

I don't like the case that came with the Bold, everytime I put it in I press the function keys on the side and either turn on the camera, or I turn on voice activation.

Cases like Vaja, Fortte, etc, are very nice, but IMHO are WAY too expensive. I can't see spending > $70 on a case, I don't care how nice they are, it's for a phone and the life of a phone is maybe 2 years, so why get a case that's going to last forever?

Dave
    03-22-09 10:03 AM
    I really like the official leather BB-branded leather sheath without clip. It fits much better in your pocket that way. The clip works well for workplace situations and belts.
    03-22-09 10:53 AM
    I would prefer the holster if it didn't auto answer when I pulled it out. I use the case mate smart skin for pocket days.

03-22-09 11:00 AM
    Otterbox has some good ones. They also had a coupon code a few weeks ago so if anyone wants to try it the code was CES2009 for 15% off @ checkout.

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com
    03-22-09 11:07 AM
    Has anyone tried the Zagg invisbleShield?

If so, what was your opinon?
    03-22-09 12:13 PM
    I like this case.
    Seidio Innocase Surface for BlackBerry Bold Review | CrackBerry.com
    Also they have review on every case (I think) in the reviews forum. Check it out.
    Willy9e, I watched JReel's video review of the top 5 cases. It was very informative.

Thanks again.
    03-22-09 12:16 PM
    I have the case-mate silicone case and really like it. The only issue I have is the fact that its difficult to move in and out of my pants pockets.... But that's the only issue...

03-22-09 12:31 PM
    I have the OEM black silicone case. It's great for protection except for the fact that this thing is a pocket lint magnet.
    03-22-09 04:10 PM
    If I buy the Casemate Smart Skin for my BBB then will it still fit into the Holster?
    04-18-09 09:15 PM
    I like Beyza. It's a sleeve. The leather will loosen up, after awhile, making it much easier to remove the phone. There's an opening to push the phone out. I love mine, but it's all I know.

I think a lot will depend on how you use your phone. If you're constantly on it, then I would choose a case that allows you to have access to the keyboard, headphone jack, etc., without having to remove the phone first.
    04-18-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD