I recently got the 9700 Bold but I really like the built-in "pre-loaded" pictures from my 8820 with OS 4.5 (had the do the trick posted on this site to get them back on). These are part of the device memory but nothing I have tried has given me direct access to the .png image files to get them out of there and there appears to be no other way to transfer them that I can see.

Attached is a sample of the images. Sorry for the blur.

I know this site has a good collection of wallpaper art also. Is it possible these same images can be found there?
    08-02-10 12:58 PM
    I recently got the 9700 Bold but I really like the built-in "pre-loaded" pictures from my 8820 with OS 4.5 (had the do the trick posted on this site to get them back on). These are part of the device memory but nothing I have tried has given me direct access to the .png image files to get them out of there and there appears to be no other way to transfer them that I can see.

Attached is a sample of the images. Sorry for the blur.

I know this site has a good collection of wallpaper art also. Is it possible these same images can be found there?
    1.) Download CaptureIt
    2.) Do a screen capture of each wallpaper you want
    3.) Email the screenshots to yourself

That's about all you can do since the images are locked otherwise.
    08-02-10 01:44 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I will try that. It's a shame these cannot be "hacked" off of the handheld somehow. I guess all the jailbreaking talent is working on the iPhone.

Oh crap...I just forgot something very important. My 8820 no longer has a data network tied to it so emailing captured images may not work. I could try enabling wifi to see if that still gets me connected and then I could also try enabling internet mail (it was on corp email account before).

1.) Download CaptureIt
    2.) Do a screen capture of each wallpaper you want
    3.) Email the screenshots to yourself

That's about all you can do since the images are locked otherwise.
    Last edited by jdryyz; 08-02-10 at 02:29 PM.
    08-02-10 02:26 PM
    you can also try searching the wallpaper forum or google images. ive been able to get OEM 8900 wallpapers onto my 9700 by searching for them.
    08-02-10 07:52 PM
    Well I discovered "JL commander" and used it's screenshot capability to capture the wallpapers but the I came to the quick realization that the 320x240 images from my 8820 do not scale well on the 9700's 480x360 screen. Duh!

I am now in search of good 480x360 images.
    08-04-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD