you might want to try the Bold 9000 case if you insist on an otterbox case.
    i haven't tried it but i sure know the roominess of the 9000 holster
    08-27-10 11:54 AM
    Mine finally arrived. I also think that I know the meaning of the red stitching. We, the pround Torch owners, are part of the resistance against the mindless drones, trolls and spammers of these BB forums. If you are reading this and you own a Torch, you are the resistance.
    08-27-10 06:29 PM
    I actually appreciate the slightly lower cut of the "front" so I can see the LED flashing. Couldn't see it on my 9700 case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 08:23 PM
    I keep mine facing in. Is that not the right way to put the Torch in the holster?
    08-27-10 08:36 PM
    Mine was delivered today also, so I had a nice gift when I got home from work. I have to say that I am very happy with the case. It is very different than what RIM has been offering, much softer. I didn't realize that there was red stitching on this until I saw it in person. I prefer to have the phone facing in so when you remove it is already facing you. The notification light is blocked by the flap when it is facing out anyway.

I also ordered a Golla Gavin phone wallet for my EVO that was also delivered today. It's like Christmas in July! Errr I mean August!

08-27-10 08:41 PM
    We, the pround Torch owners, are part of the resistance against the mindless drones, trolls and spammers of these BB forums. If you are reading this and you own a Torch, you are the resistance.
    Roger Roger!
    08-27-10 08:53 PM
    Just noticed that the holster is a bit on the loose side. The Torch slides in and out a little to easy for my taste. Has anyone else noticed this? If I turn upside down and remove the flap, a tiny hand movement causes phone to fall out of holster. I remember all my previous cases were much tighter.

08-27-10 09:13 PM
    I think that the holster is less bulky that my 9700 case and less prone to being twisted around and put the Torch at risk of actually falling out. The Torch is going fall out if the holster gets twisted around enough. Can't fight gravity.
    08-27-10 09:23 PM
    am waiting for my store to have their torch accesories (got 50$ of acc. credit), meanwhile, it fit in my curve holster (although it goes out a tad bit more) but the sleeper magnet works!
    10-02-10 02:35 PM
    wow this holster completely fell apart today at work.
    Stiching came loose phone fell on ground, good thing it was on carpet.
    Nice looking case but poorly made
    RIM is really dropping the ball with new devices by not including any holster/pouch with them. When you buy a product you expect quality not something that falls apart in less then 6 days of purchasing it
    10-04-10 09:29 PM
    wow this holster completely fell apart today at work.
    Stiching came loose phone fell on ground, good thing it was on carpet.
    Nice looking case but poorly made
    RIM is really dropping the ball with new devices by not including any holster/pouch with them. When you buy a product you expect quality not something that falls apart in less then 6 days of purchasing it
    Sounds like you bought a knock off... perhaps?
    10-04-10 09:38 PM
    No knockoff OEM Blackberry purchased from bestbuy
    10-05-10 01:20 PM
    I'd have to say this is a one-off production problem. Mine is perfect. By far the best leather pouch i've had from RIM.
    10-05-10 02:29 PM
    Just got mine from Best Buy in Canada. Looks like theyre having a sale $20 off. So got it for $19.99.

Im happy with it. Feels and looks pretty well built and phone fits in perfectly.

Yup its a 50% off all blackberry accessories sale at Best Buy Canada!
    Last edited by jasonvw; 10-08-10 at 01:01 PM.
    10-08-10 12:52 PM
    I'd have to say this is a one-off production problem. Mine is perfect. By far the best leather pouch i've had from RIM.
    Mine seems to be very well made. Did you take it back (or call RIM and discuss)? If it's a quality flaw, they just might replace it.
    10-08-10 01:01 PM
    Just got mine from Best Buy in Canada. Looks like theyre having a sale $20 off. So got it for $19.99.

Im happy with it. Feels and looks pretty well built and phone fits in perfectly.

Yup its a 50% off all blackberry accessories sale at Best Buy Canada!
    Thanks for posting this up! That's a good deal.
    10-08-10 01:08 PM
    My pouch seems solid as well. Only thing is the red stitching is fraying and might come off...

10-08-10 01:14 PM
    If you guys are all talking about this:
    Blackberry Leather Pocket Pouch for Torch 9800 (Black) at MobileCityOnline.com

I just got mine today (at that killer price mind you ) and it's a VERY tight fit. Hope it will loosen up a bit as it's very difficult to slide in and out.
    10-08-10 01:30 PM

I just got mine today (at that killer price mind you ) and it's a VERY tight fit. Hope it will loosen up a bit as it's very difficult to slide in and out.
    That kinda sucks... I have a phantomskinz on which means it likely will be twice as bad...
    10-08-10 01:41 PM

He said 'holster' so I think he means the OEM version with the belt-clip and the magnetic closure loop at the top. At least, that's what I am referring to.
    10-08-10 03:50 PM
    He said 'holster' so I think he means the OEM version with the belt-clip and the magnetic closure loop at the top. At least, that's what I am referring to.
    Yes it is the holster with belt-clip and magnetic closure loop
    So i ended up getting it replaced today
    We''ll see how long this one lasts
    10-08-10 07:01 PM
    I just got my OEM leather pocket a week ago, and I'll be damned if suddenly there aren't a couple of loose threads at the top of the stitching on the side (the side opposite the one with the red threads).

I'm looking at the thread that keeps the two halves of the case stitched together and it looks like something out of my grandmother's old sewing box. I mean, it's just regular black thread. WTF?
    10-18-10 02:38 PM
    Had the same problem. Took a lighter to it - Just have the flame barely touch the threads and it singes them perfectly! No more loose threads.
    10-18-10 03:31 PM
    my Torch doesn't vibrate while in BB OEM Holster. i set it to "Vibrate: in Holster" but it does not.
    10-18-10 07:28 PM
    I just posted a thread about using a case on your phone and trying to find a good holster. I got an old curve one at walmart that puts it to sleep and no forcing in and out.
    10-18-10 08:46 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD