Why is it available on ShopCB but not the official RIM site?
    08-24-10 03:36 PM
    I wondered the same thing and it's cheaper on ShopCB as well. I went ahead and placed my order and hopefully I will have it by Friday as advertised with the 2 day shipping.
    08-24-10 03:41 PM
    It is $10 cheaper on this site. I suppose that CB is getting first dibs before the general public?
    08-24-10 03:45 PM
    Maybe so. Looks like it's $15 cheaper and I used a discount code to get 15% off. I ended up paying $31 and some change with 2 day shipping.
    08-24-10 03:47 PM
    I went ahead and purchased one as well and it should be here by Friday.
    08-24-10 03:51 PM
    Cheaper to do what I did -- get the OEM Storm holster, going for only $7.14 with free super saver shipping on Amazon. The Storm is virtually identical in size and the case puts the Torch to sleep. The only real difference I see is that the BB logo on the Torch case appears to be in raised silver studs as opposed to just embossed leather on the Storm case. I can live w/o the flash for $18.
    08-24-10 04:00 PM
    Can someone post the link to it? I never saw the OEM case in the store only knockoffs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 04:02 PM
    Can someone post the link to it? I never saw the OEM case in the store only knockoffs.

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-leather-holster/4A24A7420.htm
    08-24-10 04:04 PM
    Cheaper to do what I did -- get the OEM Storm holster, going for only $7.14 with free super saver shipping on Amazon. The Storm is virtually identical in size and the case puts the Torch to sleep. The only real difference I see is that the BB logo on the Torch case appears to be in raised silver studs as opposed to just embossed leather on the Storm case. I can live w/o the flash for $18.
    Good catch, but it appears that the leathers are different. The Storm case appears to be a more softer leather while the Torch case appears to be a hard leather case. Both get the job done, but I prefer the hard leather.
    08-24-10 04:07 PM
    Finally! I'm definitely going to wait a week or so, though. I want some reviews on it first!
    08-24-10 04:30 PM
    Good catch, but it appears that the leathers are different. The Storm case appears to be a more softer leather while the Torch case appears to be a hard leather case. Both get the job done, but I prefer the hard leather.
    Actually, I ordered it precisely because it said lambskin leather. However, I just looked at the Product Features and I noted it says "High quality Vinyl leather." Yeah, that would be pleather. Oops. Happily, Amazon hadn't shipped the order yet, so I was able to cancel it.
    08-24-10 04:44 PM
    Actually, I ordered it precisely because it said lambskin leather. However, I just looked at the Product Features and I noted it says "High quality Vinyl leather." Yeah, that would be pleather. Oops. Happily, Amazon hadn't shipped the order yet, so I was able to cancel it.
    Good catch
    08-24-10 05:16 PM
    FYI: I found the new Torch OEM case plus a cleaning cloth on Amazon for $19.99 shipped.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Torch 9800 OEM Swivel Case with Cellular 5 Star Microfiber Cleaning Cloth: Cell Phones & Service

DrDave
    08-24-10 06:17 PM
    That's kind of how the Otterbox was. It is on the shopcrackberry site and not on the Otterbox site.
    08-24-10 06:19 PM
    FYI: I found the new Torch OEM case plus a cleaning cloth on Amazon for $19.99 shipped.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Torch 9800 OEM Swivel Case with Cellular 5 Star Microfiber Cleaning Cloth: Cell Phones & Service

DrDave
    Nice find, just ordered that. I hope I like the way this case feels/looks since I am so used to the older style cases.
    08-24-10 07:04 PM
    What I would like to know is does this case hold and is the magnet effective with the Otterbox? I bought the OB simply cause I did not want to "hurt" the phone. It fits w? OB now in my 9700 holster, but as we all know the sleep mode does not work. If this case fly's with OB I'll be happy to buy it, if not I'll hold my $$$ and wait for something else.
    08-24-10 08:42 PM
    Since the case was specifically designed for the Torch (tongue in cheek), the magnet situation should be resolved. If the OB fits in you 9700 case, then it may fit the Torch case, though not 100% sure.
    08-24-10 08:52 PM
    Does anyone know if the beltclip comes off. (It looks permanent.)
    08-24-10 10:49 PM
    What's wrong with using your old 9000 case. It works.
    08-24-10 10:55 PM
    What's wrong with using your old 9000 case. It works.
    I used a slipcase for the Bold and it is starting to get worn. I am using it but it does not put The Torch to sleep.
    I just want a new pocketcase that puts the Torch to sleep and I don't want a clip.
    08-24-10 11:05 PM
    Thanks for the link DrDave!
    08-25-10 01:25 AM
    The clip does not come off and is fixed. The problem with using a holster is that the magnets that ellicit the proper in-holster behavior are not aligned. There is also a slip case coming soon on the RIM store site. Check this site and Amazon since they were able offer the holster case since, as of yesterday, it was not available on the RIM site.

08-25-10 06:05 AM

DrDave
    thank you DrDave, saved $11 going to amazon.
    08-25-10 06:45 AM

DrDave
    Excellent find. But LOL at the free cleaning "cloth" -- that's the exact same little cleaning pad that came with my wife's RAZR back in 2005.
    08-25-10 09:31 AM
    Thanks for the info on the holster. Just curious to know if anyone who bought this holster knows how (if at all) it differs in size from the Curve 8520 leather holster? I have an 8520 as well as Torch and the Torch does fit pretty securely in the Curve holster, but the images of the OEM Torch holster seem to show it a bit narrowed on the sides (indented) and I'm wondering if it holds the Torch more securely than the Curve holster.
    08-25-10 09:49 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD