I have had my phone for over a year with the OEM holster and it would put my phone to sleep, however for the last 2 days when i put the phone in, nothing happens...am i missing a setting or is this probably a hardware issue and i am then SOL
    04-22-10 11:00 AM
    I have had my phone for over a year with the OEM holster and it would put my phone to sleep, however for the last 2 days when i put the phone in, nothing happens...am i missing a setting or is this probably a hardware issue and i am then SOL
    Its related to your holster. I have the OEM clip case from VZW, and after about 9 months, the darn thing just would not go into sleep when put in the holster. I picked up another clip holster, and it worked just fine. Not sure why the magnet just stops, but it does.
    04-22-10 11:12 AM
    Happened to me with my Curve also. Although I just rotated the phone and put it in the other way and it started working again. You might try that.
    04-22-10 11:26 AM
    Here's a quick and simple test - 'wipe' a moderately strong magnet across the Bold and see if that puts it to sleep. If so, it's just the magnet in the holster that's dead. To see that, throw a paper clip at the holster and see if that sticks - not the the magnet in the foldover clasp, but the stringer one in the middle of the lower portion.
    04-22-10 04:50 PM
    Sometimes the magnet in the holsters gets shifted out of position. Sometimes pushing it around inside the holster helps.
    04-23-10 10:01 PM
    You also may have been near something that demagnetized the magnet. Heat can even do it.
    04-24-10 08:22 AM
    heat and shock will demagnetize a magnet. But if the Bold was in the holster, the shock would have destroyed the phone.
    04-24-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD