So I ordered some 'OEM' DX-1's. They're clearly knockoffs (No BlackBerry on the front) but they work. Now my main concern is this;

On the actual DX-1 that came with my phone, it says;

Capacity: 1380mAh(min)
    1400mAh(typ), 5.2Wh

On the knock-off, it says;

Capacity:1800mAh(min)
    1400mAh(typ), 5.2Wh

Can someone (who knows something about batteries) explain the difference between the two (min) amounts? Could this potentially overheat / harm my phone? Or is it just a slightly 'bigger' battery?

Thanks for your help CB.
    05-06-10 03:47 PM
    Seriously? No one has an answer for this? Or at least a "This has been posted before here" link?
    05-07-10 03:30 PM
    The knock off should have slightly more capacity, if it is decently made.
    05-07-10 04:29 PM
    I literally paid $2 for it. Compared to the $65 price tag as Best Buy, I'm going to assume the build quality is definitely sub-par.
    05-07-10 05:26 PM
    OEM is an often misused term. What it should mean is that the same maker that makes the BB batts made these without the labeling, since they are the Original Equipment Manufacturers. It would make sense since they're already set up for production after they've fulfilled the RIM contract amount. Often times, its just that someone made them to the OEM specs or so they say.
    05-07-10 06:13 PM
    Exactly why I put OEM in 'quotes' in my first post, as I figured the second I saw them (the colours are also way off) they were not a) the actual OEM ones I ordered last time. b) healthy for my phone.

But now that I've learned it's just slightly more juice, I'm using it and it seems to be working fine. Unless I find my battery cover embedded in the wall, I'll probably order more, as the 1380mAh lifespan is just embarrassing.
    05-07-10 06:35 PM
    Something to think about when buying batteries: BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!
    05-08-10 10:00 AM
    Where did you get the batteries, i would like to order some, lol. you can pm me
    05-08-10 10:19 AM
    Just search eBay for 'DX-1 Storm' and then sort by price.
    05-09-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD