Hello all,
    I have two Charging POD's and the two LED 2-colour charging indicators are not lighting up. Is this a manufacturer issue? Any of you with this POD are experiencing the same issue as i am... Thanks.

02-19-09 06:28 PM
    seems like only the back LED light works.. its very dull too.. front doesn't seem to light up... great product nonetheless
    02-19-09 06:33 PM
    Yeah, same here the rear is really dull and the fron indicator is no show!... I bought a POD for my girlfriends 8320 and that lights up like a night-light.....
    02-19-09 06:39 PM
    Same here , Its annoying. It would have looked good with the front LEDs. I've tried different led notifications settings and it makes no difference.
    02-19-09 07:10 PM
    Great product. The model I have definitely just lights up in the back.
    02-19-09 07:22 PM
    ditto
    only back light up
    i think it is this way only, maybe RIM will give update?
    02-19-09 07:37 PM
    Thanks for the heads up guys I might wait to buy one now.
    02-19-09 08:09 PM
    I don't think there are front LEDs on the 8900 cradle.
    02-19-09 08:15 PM
    I have e-mailed RIM on this issue. Their response time is within 24Hrs. I will follow up with any updates on this issue...
    02-20-09 01:21 AM
    i have the same pod for my 8320 and the bb light was super bright and would drive me nuts while trying to sleep. i'm so happy that the bb light doesn't work in the front. trust me you'll learn to appreciate it...
    02-20-09 07:55 AM
    This thing is awesome. I just got mine and it looks great standing upright with the flip-style clock.

No problems yet but I didn't notice a front light turning on.
    02-20-09 08:12 AM
    i have the same pod for my 8320 and the bb light was super bright and would drive me nuts while trying to sleep. i'm so happy that the bb light doesn't work in the front. trust me you'll learn to appreciate it...
    The charging pod for the 83xx series is NOT the same as the charging pod for the 8900. The light might work on the 83xx charging pod but it does not do so for the 8900 charging pod.
    02-20-09 11:41 AM
    I agree completely... i like the one dull light in the back that helps you find it in the dark.... the pod i have for my 8120 used to be to bright
    02-20-09 11:49 AM
    I got a response from RIM regarding the pod.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform that the charging pod syncs but you have to plug it in through a cable in the back and a cable into the device itself.

The LED light will not glow. Please ensure the charging pod is hooked up properly and that device is installed properly.

Best Regards,
    Olivia L. at RIM Support
    Bascially, the website LIED! RIM's site and many others were so misleading. Hope this solves everyone's problem...
    02-20-09 01:15 PM
    Thanks for the info amagicfro!

I already figured out that sync part only worked that way. I'm glad you got the feedback because I was going to look into taking apart my cradle and trying to find out if I could see what was going on. Now you saved me some time!
    02-20-09 01:20 PM
    Thanks on that update amagicfro, i'm waiting for my response, lets see what they tell me.
    02-20-09 01:23 PM
    So, I decided to take mine apart anyway because I was just too curious. The front of the cradle with the BB Logo, is all for show. I know it appears like there would be something behind it on the inside of the case, but there is nothing. In fact, it doesn't even go through the case, it is just nothing more than paint. Even if it did go through to the inside, there is no circuitry, wiring nor LED in the front of the cradle.
    02-20-09 02:57 PM
    aristile,
    Thanks for really debunking this whole 2 colour LED charging indicator.. Major false advertisement by RIM.... shop.crackberry.com should update their product page on this POD to avoid any returns and upset customers.
    02-20-09 03:11 PM
    No Problem. Its not that big of a deal for me but at the same time I was surprised when the light didn't come one. It bothered me just enough figure it out!
    02-20-09 03:13 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform that the charging pod syncs but you have to plug it in through a cable in the back and a cable into the device itself.

The LED light will not glow. Please ensure the charging pod is hooked up properly and that device is installed properly.

Best Regards,
    Olivia L. at RIM Support
    what they say is not make sense
    charging pod syncs but you need device also plug in with data cable on side? i don't think that qualify as charging pod syncing...
    they screw up big time
    02-20-09 03:48 PM
    Yea, I agree. To charge you have to plug in the data cable to the phone and then to the computer. If you are doing this, then what is the point of the charging cradle? It then becomes a pretty stand, but that's about it.
    02-20-09 03:51 PM
    Very weird.
    02-21-09 08:38 AM
    Just wondering if the charging pod will work when using the Seidio Innocase II.. Because I see that they left an opening for the charging prongs in the back.
    Last edited by ch1ldxtc; 02-21-09 at 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling error
    02-21-09 11:11 AM
    what they say is not make sense
    charging pod syncs but you need device also plug in with data cable on side? i don't think that qualify as charging pod syncing...
    they screw up big time
    Not really. This is a charging cradle. It is NOT a sync cradle.
    02-21-09 01:14 PM
    I believe the Seidio case is too bulky to fit into the cradle but I"m not 100% sure since I don't own one.
    02-21-09 02:13 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD