So today I purchased a cover for a phone that I do not own. My gf thinks that's a bit odd but for some reason I see nothing strange about it. I do plan on getting the phone when it launches next Sunday, I guess I just want to be ready. Anyone else.
    08-12-11 06:16 PM
    Well, if you plan on getting the phone then I see nothing wrong with it. It's just you thinking ahead so that your new phone will be protected. I say, SMART!
    08-12-11 06:49 PM
    If you were buying cases for a device you weren't planning to buy, that would be a time to worry.

Semper paratus!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-12-11 07:02 PM
    Yeah man, I happen to think that's awesome. It gets you excited about a later purchase. If you're happy, you'd done the right thing. Congrats on the future phone!
    murnende likes this.
    08-12-11 07:34 PM
    I think it's good because that way your phone can go directly into the case and you won't have to worry about it getting scratched before you can get the case you want.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-12-11 07:48 PM
    Sounds like you need a new girlfriend. Life is full of things to think about, that ain't one of them.

08-12-11 07:54 PM
    No harm in protecting a future investment. Obviously someone didn't read the original post where you mentioned your Gf (Girl-Friend)! Foersight is outta sight outta mind. Keep on thinking ahead! And Enjoy!

08-12-11 11:56 PM
    I don't see anything wrong with that you are just preparing especially you know for sure you are getting the phone then its not a big deal. Mike
    08-13-11 03:01 AM
    Not a bad idea, because when the phone is launched the covers in your local shops will probably be all sold out. Happened to me when I bought the another phone that was just released at my local Orange store about a year ago.
    08-13-11 03:25 AM
    That's perfectly normal

What if you buy your phone and then the case you want is out of stock, that's hurts lol.

Protect your blackberry, I run with a otter box, I have the bulky one which can take a lot of damage.

08-13-11 04:24 AM
    So today I purchased a cover for a phone that I do not own. My gf thinks that's a bit odd but for some reason I see nothing strange about it. I do plan on getting the phone when it launches next Sunday, I guess I just want to be ready. Anyone else.
    nothing odd about this at all. in fact, every bb i've purchased in the past, prior to making the actual bb purchase, i would seek out cases/covers for my near future device so that when it arrives at my house, i'm all set

good luck with your new phone !!
    08-13-11 04:17 PM
    Yeah I think that when I shell out a few bucks on a new phone it would be best to have some protection from the get go.
    08-14-11 09:31 PM
    I already have an otterbox commuter and a charging pod for my yet to arrive 9900, you are not alone lol

08-15-11 03:24 AM
    I have bought accessories for my phones before actually getting the handset.. Perfectly Normal
    08-15-11 05:39 AM
    I already have an otterbox commuter and a charging pod for my yet to arrive 9900, you are not alone lol

That's the case I got the OB Commuter. Just got it in the mail today. Nice feel since I was coming from the Seidio Active case. It seems close in comparison just wish it had the belt clip. I think the Defender may add to much bulk to the phone for my taste.
    08-15-11 05:12 PM
    Sounds like you need a new girlfriend. Life is full of things to think about, that ain't one of them.

Just caught this post. No I don't think a new gf will be necessary mine is the best of the best. But I do appreciate your helpful input.
    08-15-11 05:13 PM
    Well I guess my Otterbox will be a temporary solution for my phone protection. Was online at Sedio today and found that they will be introducing a line of products for the 9930. I prefer their case/holster combo to any other case I have had in the past. Glad they decided to participate. Here is a link to the page: seidioonline.com
    08-16-11 10:50 AM
    I think your just fine, I ordered a case and cradle and still cant get the phone for a couple of weeks. I just want to hit the ground running when I do receive the phone.....
    08-16-11 11:26 AM
    That is exactly what I did before my Torch got here. I went and bought a case and screen protectors so I could take the phone from the box and have it protected almost instantly
    08-16-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD