Hi,

The 9780 generally auto-unlocks when you slide it out of the holster.

Mine suddenly stopped auno-unlocking all of a sudden.

Where is the option to auto unlock when slid out from the holster?

Thanks
    nxd
    07-24-11 02:04 PM
    Options>security>password then check the box at the bottom "lock handheld upon holstering"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 07:04 PM
    Hi

I think you misunderstood me.

I WANT my phone to auto unlock when I slide it out from the holster.

Some people want it to remain locked after sliding it out from the holster but I want it to get UNLOCKED each time I slide it out from the holster.

Cheers !
    07-26-11 12:05 AM
    I want it to get UNLOCKED each time I slide it out from the holster.
    I don't think this can ever happen bCoz u can't expect the holster to punch-in your password ...
    07-26-11 04:23 AM
    Hello,
    So you mean if you want your BB to turn itself off when you put it in the holster, you have to configure a password to turn it back on when you take it off the holster?
    Sux
    07-26-11 05:13 AM
    I don't think this can ever happen bCoz u can't expect the holster to punch-in your password ...
    I haven't set a password for it. Earlier, it used to unlock the moment I slide it out from the pouch.
    07-26-11 07:39 AM
    Hello,
    So you mean if you want your BB to turn itself off when you put it in the holster, you have to configure a password to turn it back on when you take it off the holster?
    Sux
    No no, there is an option somewhere that allows your BB to lock itself (WITHOUT a password ) each time you slip it into its holster.

You can also slide it out of the holster and it auto unlocks. I just can't find that option now.
    07-26-11 07:41 AM
    The holster only puts the phone to sleep, just like pressing the top left button. However, if the phone has been in the holster for a set period of time and your password kicks in, then it will not bypass the password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 03:28 PM
    The lock \ unlock of the holster is handled by a magnet in the holster. I have found that not all holsters have the same quality of magnets.

The official case that came with my Blackberry clearly locked the phone and sent it to sleep each time it entered holster. Pull it out, and it wakes up and unlocks the keys.

(Note - the password based lock is slightly different. If this has been enabled, it is also turned on as you slip the phone into holder, but pulling phone out of holder only wakes the phone up - it does not type in the password.)

One holster I ordered from Amazon just did not lock properly. You could even see the lights still glowing inside the case. Didn't matter how it was put in - just didn't work as well.

I returned that and got an official Blackberry Holster. And this is daft as my phone only fully locks if I put it in backwards. I have to slide phone in so keyboard is facing me. This then fully locks the phone and sends it to sleep. When I extract the phone from the holster, it wakes up again.

I have seen posts on here suggesting to test your holster magnet on your fridge door. That lets you find out which side your magnets are.
    07-28-11 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD