Anyone using the Noreve leather flip top case on their Bold 9000?

I've searched and read several CB Forum posts, but have not seen any specifically regarding that case used on a Bold. Some of the posts have mentioned problems involving slippage of the case's sleep magnetic.

From what I can see online at: Noreve.com or at BlackberryDen.com (sorry, unable to post URL's until I have 10 posts) the Noreve case for the Bold looks very nice, even if it is a few dollars more than other cases.

Interested in hearing comments from those using this case on their Bold.

Happy Holidays!!!
    12-15-08 03:31 PM
    It actually looks like a nice case . I've been looking into it myself.
    And welcome to cb.
    12-15-08 03:38 PM
    Thanks! Glad to be here. This is a great site w/ lots of good info.

As for the Noreve flip case, I read a post in another one of the CB Forums that the belt clasp has been changed. Purportedly they're going to a metal clasp rather the plastic, but I've not checked with the manufacturer about when that will be upgraded.
    12-15-08 03:53 PM
    Just called Noreve (866) 804-9159.

The new belt clip design is being introduced at the beginning of the year. It won't be included w/ the cases until they exhaust their plastic clips, and also see user response from early purchasers. The new clip is $18.

When I asked if they would adjust the price if I purchased both now, they said they would give 10% off the entire order. Essentially, it's the same discount they send via a courtesy card included with all first orders for a 2nd order.
    12-15-08 04:08 PM
    Just called Noreve (866) 804-9159.

The new belt clip design is being introduced at the beginning of the year. It won't be included w/ the cases until they exhaust their plastic clips, and also see user response from early purchasers. The new clip is $18.

When I asked if they would adjust the price if I purchased both now, they said they would give 10% off the entire order. Essentially, it's the same discount they send via a courtesy card included with all first orders for a 2nd order.
    Sounds good. It's actually one of the nicest cases I've seen to date. Thanx for the extra info.
    12-15-08 04:11 PM
    My brand new Bold 9000 arrived Wednesday, and so did the Noreve Flip Lid Case.

It's really a slick design and protects the phone very well. The case has a rigid leather frame and the flip works really well. It doesn't block the camera lens, and the front flip cover is nicely cushioned. Very much like my Griffin flip top case for my iPod Classic. The magnetic closure also activates the Bold's Sleep function, just as the OEM Holster does.

The only weak point seems to be the design of the Noreve Belt Clip. I've also ordered their new upgraded and far more durable metal belt clip which will ship after the first of the year.

So far, I've tried it with and without the included plastic belt clip and I prefer it w/o.

The Noreve case nicely protects the phone, is easy enough to quickly remove to stand the phone in the Blackberry charging cradle/pod and also provides access to the ports, etc.

Highly recommended!!
    12-26-08 05:13 PM
    My brand new Bold 9000 arrived Wednesday, and so did the Noreve Flip Lid Case.

It's really a slick design and protects the phone very well. The case has a rigid leather frame and the flip works really well. It doesn't block the camera lens, and the front flip cover is nicely cushioned. Very much like my Griffin flip top case for my iPod Classic. The magnetic closure also activates the Bold's Sleep function, just as the OEM Holster does.

The only weak point seems to be the design of the Noreve Belt Clip. I've also ordered their new upgraded and far more durable metal belt clip which will ship after the first of the year.

So far, I've tried it with and without the included plastic belt clip and I prefer it w/o.

The Noreve case nicely protects the phone, is easy enough to quickly remove to stand the phone in the Blackberry charging cradle/pod and also provides access to the ports, etc.

Highly recommended!!
    Post a pic I'd love to see one in action!
    12-26-08 05:15 PM
    I'll get some pics up here soon. In the meantime there are a few good images on Noreve's website.

http://www.noreveusa.com/brand/Black...ther_case.html
    12-26-08 06:42 PM
    It won't be included w/ the cases until they exhaust their plastic clips, and also see user response from early purchasers. The new clip is $18.
    I just talked to them. The flip case will always be sold with the plastic clip. The metal clip is being sold as an accessory upgrade only at $18. Metal clips to be available the second week of January.
    01-02-09 01:40 PM
    Got the metal clip earlier this week and it's great.

Still not had time to take pics of the case, and now w/ nor w/o the metal clip. In time, I'll get photos on here.
    01-24-09 04:55 PM
    Thank you so much for keeping this thread up to date! I ordered myself a pink case and am SO looking forward to it coming in. I ordered it Dec.30th and they told me it would be shipped out Friday! Maybe I will post a pic or two when I get it! Anyway, thanks again!
    01-24-09 08:46 PM
    Looks like a nice case. I wish the back and flip-cover were all one piece. Look forward to seeing user's pics (vs the *nice* ones on their site )
    01-24-09 11:11 PM
    I am very disappointed with the belt clip on the Noreve flip case to the point where I consider it to be unusable. The case itself is quite good although the leather edges near the sides of the keyboard are slightly too close to the keys and interfere a bit with pressing the three keys on each side. I find the plastic belt clip to be useless. The metal button attached to the case does not slide smoothly into the clip and does not click solidly into place so sometimes you think the device is secure when it isn't. The worst thing about the clip is that it's very hard to release so it's always a struggle against time when the phone rings. Many times I could not release the clip in time so I either had to remove the entire clip from my belt or miss the call. If the new metal clip solves these problems or if you plan to use the case without the belt clip, it's a nice case.
    01-24-09 11:35 PM
    So wait, this case isn't one piece? I thought it was one piece except for the clip (which I plan on using it without it so no biggie in my book). The pictures make it look like one piece. I will dissappointed if it is separate peices. I guess that is what I get for not asking for more info but still. I was thinking it was the answer I was looking for...a case that covered my screen when not in use but didn't have to be taken out of the case when in use since that's when butterfingers here will likely drop it!
    01-25-09 10:30 AM
    I am very disappointed with the belt clip on the Noreve flip case to the point where I consider it to be unusable. The case itself is quite good although the leather edges near the sides of the keyboard are slightly too close to the keys and interfere a bit with pressing the three keys on each side. I find the plastic belt clip to be useless. The metal button attached to the case does not slide smoothly into the clip and does not click solidly into place so sometimes you think the device is secure when it isn't. The worst thing about the clip is that it's very hard to release so it's always a struggle against time when the phone rings. Many times I could not release the clip in time so I either had to remove the entire clip from my belt or miss the call. If the new metal clip solves these problems or if you plan to use the case without the belt clip, it's a nice case.
    You are absolutely right!! The stock plastic clip is junk. I used the case w/o the plastic clip nor it's button attached to the back of the case for a few weeks. Once I got the new metal beltclip it's a pleasure to use the case w/ the clip now. I often just want to use it w/o the clip and button, for in pocket or jacket pocket use so I'm considering getting another so I don't need to remove the rear button (which isn't too big anyway).

Have not had any problems with the edges interfering with pushing the keys, but I see what you mean.
    01-25-09 12:53 PM
    Looks like a nice case. I wish the back and flip-cover were all one piece. Look forward to seeing user's pics (vs the *nice* ones on their site )
    So wait, this case isn't one piece? I thought it was one piece except for the clip (which I plan on using it without it so no biggie in my book). The pictures make it look like one piece. I will dissappointed if it is separate peices. I guess that is what I get for not asking for more info but still. I was thinking it was the answer I was looking for...a case that covered my screen when not in use but didn't have to be taken out of the case when in use since that's when butterfingers here will likely drop it!
    The front flip top cover of the case is essentially one with the body of the case as they are firmly stitched at the back of the case below the camera's lens and flash area. The contours and flexible nature of the quality lined and cushioned leather material does the job very well. The magnetic closure also helps keep the flap closed protecting the face (screen and keys) of the Bold.
    01-25-09 12:57 PM
    The front flip top cover of the case is essentially one with the body of the case as they are firmly stitched at the back of the case below the camera's lens and flash area. The contours and flexible nature of the quality lined and cushioned leather material does the job very well. The magnetic closure also helps keep the flap closed protecting the face (screen and keys) of the Bold.
    Whew! Thank you for clearing that up for me! I've been worrying all day! I will post back when I get mine in!
    01-25-09 04:17 PM
    Sorry for the confusion — MusicLaw is correct. What I had meant was that I wished it was made from one continuous piece of leather vs two pieces (flip cover and body) sewn together.

Just being picky

Anyone get the "Vintage Suede" material? Wondering if I should get that or the regular smooth leather ...
    Last edited by Mode; 01-25-09 at 04:57 PM.
    01-25-09 04:52 PM
    I got my case yesterday! I am so excited! It is exactly what I was hoping for. The only negative I can see is that when I talk with the handset (which I do most of the time) I have the big pink flap hitting my head
    But it provides the protection I was hoping for! It's a little bulky but I don't think that can be avoided when trying to protect a bold...they are just a tiny bit bulkier than my curve was (still no complaints...love my bold and wouldn't trade it!!)
    I am going to try to attach pics later...for some reason it's not letting me now. (newbie here so forgive me if it goes all wrong)
    02-05-09 10:01 AM
    The Noreve case for the Bold is great. I bought one for my girlfriend, and after I got a Bold I bought one for myself as well.

One of the best things about Noreve (apart from the quality of the cases) is their range of options. My girlfriend has the classic shiny black leather, while I have the less handbaggish "Vintage" leather for my case.

It's a great investment if you want to protect your expensive BlackBerry in a way that's stylish, classy, customizable and most of all, functional.
    06-12-09 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD