Does anybody know where to get a gel case or skin without the camera hole for the blackberry tour?
    03-10-10 05:01 PM
    I highly doubt you can find anything like that. What really would be the benefit of a case if you had to take it off everytime you wanted to take a picture. Check ebay for something like that but I'm guessing you won't find one. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I've never seen anything like this.
    03-10-10 05:10 PM
    I highly doubt you can find anything like that. What really would be the benefit of a case if you had to take it off everytime you wanted to take a picture. Check ebay for something like that but I'm guessing you won't find one. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I've never seen anything like this.
    It is probably for a non-camera tour. I do not think there any cases for that. I did a quick search and nothing came up.
    03-10-10 05:13 PM
    Never heard of a case specifically made for the non-camera tour. sorry
    03-10-10 06:08 PM
    It is probably for a non-camera tour. I do not think there any cases for that. I did a quick search and nothing came up.
    What is a non-camera tour? What tour does not have a camera?
    03-10-10 07:27 PM
    They made two versions of the tour with and without a camera.
    03-10-10 07:30 PM
    Did not even realise that, came from an s2 lol...
    03-10-10 07:35 PM
    RIM has said that they will always have at least 1 non-camera BlackBerry available.
    03-11-10 12:34 AM
    RIM has said that they will always have at least 1 non-camera BlackBerry available.
    03-11-10 12:46 AM
    What really is even the point in that? I know some may not use a camera but whats the point in wasting money making a non-camera phone they could take that time and effort and put it into other phones.
    03-11-10 05:19 AM
    What really is even the point in that? I know some may not use a camera but whats the point in wasting money making a non-camera phone they could take that time and effort and put it into other phones.

The purpose is because the Tour is first and foremost a business phone. There are businesses that do not allow cameras and phones with cameras on the premises for security reasons. Defense contractors is one that I can think of off the top my head.
    Last edited by RBernier; 03-11-10 at 06:06 AM.
    03-11-10 05:55 AM
    The purpose is because the Tour is first and foremost a business phone. There are businesses that do not allow cameras and phones with cameras on the premises for security reasons. Defense contractors is one that I can think of off the top my head.
    Exactly! My employer has a very strict no-photgraphy-equipment policy and even though I'm provided a Tour with camera, I am required to have the lens covered with a permanent decal or cover.

Cameras can bring major drama in the business environment, depending on the industry.
    03-11-10 06:30 AM
    rim has said that they will always have at least 1 non-camera blackberry available.
    8800, 9000 9630 8350
    03-12-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD