It seems I am out of luck w/ finding a hard plastic screen protector for the Tour, and all I can find is the thin film membranes that you stick on yourself. With iPod classics, there are tons of skin cases that have a slip in hard plastic cover for the screen, and an opening for the scroll wheel (Speck Toughskin). How come no one makes that for Blackberries?

A thin membrane screen protector is not going to do squat if you drop the phone screen down onto something, it will crack. Why can't someone figure this out and make a Tour case w/ a hard plastic screen? I know I'm not the only one who has this concern, as I've never run into a product yet that didn't have a case w/ a hard screen protector available, so there must be some demand for them.
    07-30-09 10:52 AM
    Give it some time I'm sure one will come out. RIM just barely officially released its own tour accessories.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 10:58 AM
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Anyone who's owned an iPod or iPhone can get a Contour Showcase that is a beaut. Form and function, hardly any bulk, and a total hard clear front with appropriate cut outs.

I've used one with every iPod I've owned, dropped them, and though the cases are sometimes pretty banged up, the iPod looks like I just took it from the box.

I wish they'd do a case for BB. Or someone would do a comp.
    07-30-09 11:54 AM
    Does otterbox have one?
    07-30-09 11:57 AM
    There's a lot of companies who make products for the Blackberry line (BSE for example [the thing membrane cover]) who haven't made their product for the Tour yet. Hopefully their get their business in gear and start giving us the products we want.
    07-30-09 11:59 AM
    Innocase 360 for the Blackberry Tour by Seidio! I pre-ordered mine at mobilecityonline.com. It is scheduled to be out soon!!!

Last edited by jumpman89; 07-30-09 at 12:02 PM.
    07-30-09 11:59 AM
    I'm waiting for something like the Seidio. I almost bought a clear hard case at VZW the other day, but fortunately opened the box before I did and discovered it was open over the top of the screen. With the protective film on the case inside the display box, it looked like it was a solid cover. Glad I double-checked or I would have been p*ssed when I got home with it and found it didn't protect the screen.
    07-30-09 12:20 PM
    Innocase 360 for the Blackberry Tour by Seidio! I pre-ordered mine at mobilecityonline.com. It is scheduled to be out soon!!!

I checked out that one too, only problem is I don't really like the idea of a cover for the keys. I don't really care if the keys are protected and i don't want it to be a pain to type. I wish their one covered the screen and left the keys open. Also, does the Innocase even have a hard screen cover, or is it just a film/membrane like everyone elses right now?
    07-30-09 12:40 PM
    Does otterbox have one?
    The Defender case for the Tour by OtterBox has a thin plastic covering the screen which is not removable unless you cut it out of the case. I find that this is more than adequate. Being in IT and having the thing get dropped and banged around all the time, I've never had it drop directly on the screen and break it. I this comes from having an OtterBox Defender WITHOUT the screen protection on 3 8830s and 1 8330. I find it rare that you'll get it to be able to hit the screen enough to break it.

Look at the video in my OtterBox Defender Reivew thread, I threw it down the stairs and nothing happened.
    07-30-09 12:47 PM
    The Defender case for the Tour by OtterBox has a thin plastic covering the screen which is not removable unless you cut it out of the case. I find that this is more than adequate. Being in IT and having the thing get dropped and banged around all the time, I've never had it drop directly on the screen and break it. I this comes from having an OtterBox Defender WITHOUT the screen protection on 3 8830s and 1 8330. I find it rare that you'll get it to be able to hit the screen enough to break it.

Look at the video in my OtterBox Defender Reivew thread, I threw it down the stairs and nothing happened.
    I actually did read your review and I thought it was pretty unnaceptable that you had to modify the cover in order to get the charger plugged in If otterbox had a hard cover for the screen and nothing over the keys, I'd buy it, but I really dont want a film over the keys because for me that is pointless, i just need the lcd guarded so it doesn't crack from impact. I don't get why Otterbox goes all out and has like 3 layers of impact protection for the phone, then only puts a skimpy little film membrane over the cover that isn't even meant for impacts? But hey I don't design them, but if I did I'd have certainly put a hard cover over the screen, because having triple impact protection but NO impact protection over the most important part of the phone, the screen, doesn't make much sense to me?
    Last edited by davegrun; 07-30-09 at 01:02 PM.
    07-30-09 12:55 PM
    Bodyglove used to make the hard snap cases with a thick and hard plastic screen covering but the keys where left open. I had one for my Curve and I know they made the same one for the Pearl. It made the phone quite a bit bulky but not as much as an otterbox and as far as I am concerned the protection was worth it.

It seems that they stopped putting that hard plastic screen cover on the newer cases. They make one for the Bold and 8900 but they don't have the screen cover anymore.

They have one for the Tour now but no pic is up yet. The description for the Curve case doesn't list it as having a screen cover even though it does, so I am not sure if the one for the Tour will have it or not bt based on the Bold's and 8900's I would guess that it won't.

Here is a link to the Blackberry page of the Body Glove Store if anyone would like to check it out.

Body Glove | Store
    07-30-09 01:08 PM
    the privacy screen protector from verizon is very nice. I'm using a phantom skin (which is awesome btw) but I'm using the privacy screen to protect my screen. It's pretty thick, actually fills up the screen to be level with the lip of the phone above the screen (where it says blackberry at the top), so it is just smooth all the way down. Feels very sturdy!
    07-30-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD