checked online today to see if seidio came out with the innocase yet and nothing. so i decided to call them and spoke to a woman and she advised me that they wont be coming out for the 9650 which seems pretty odd to me but im very disappointed that there nottt. there preparing cases for the droids and new iphone but not for the boldddd
    07-01-10 02:30 PM
    Did she say why not? That sucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 02:51 PM
    Their support for the 9650 is more or less non existant.

-same accessories and battery door used from the tour
    -ZERO plans to make a case supporting the 9650 with the 2600 battery.

Basically they only reused whatever they already had

07-01-10 02:55 PM
    so.... silly question but could we use the case for the tour with the bold ?
    07-01-10 03:38 PM
    Yes, with the exception of the charging port location. That depends on how big the hole cutout is for that. Otherwise you might have to modify the case a bit to make it work.
    07-01-10 03:47 PM
    so.... silly question but could we use the case for the tour with the bold ?
    It depends on the case. I believe if you have the Innocase Snap, you can use that on the 9650 without any problems. However, if you have the Innocase Surface or (I think) the Innocase 360, the slightly higher location of the mini USB port means that when you charge or connect the BB to your computer using that port, the cable is pushed up against the top edge of the opening in the case. A small movement can jar the cable loose.

I believe other threads in this forum have users describing how they were able to cut out or burn off a small portion of the case at that opening so that it won't have this problem, but cosmetically, it doesn't look "perfect".

Hope that helps!
    07-01-10 03:47 PM
    I was just on the site and had a live chat with customer service for Seidio and was told that the Innocase II and Innocase 360 will be available very soon and then said within a week.
    07-01-10 04:49 PM
    They will be available for the 9650 specific?

07-01-10 04:55 PM
    Seidio is making a case for the 9650. It will be available in the next two to three weeks. We know there is a strong demand so keep checking for the case! Any questions feel free to contact us.

Regards,
    Seidio
    07-01-10 05:31 PM
    Seidio is making a case for the 9650. It will be available in the next two to three weeks. We know there is a strong demand so keep checking for the case! Any questions feel free to contact us.

Regards,
    Seidio
    I hope you make a holster for it also. That would end a lot of confusion.
    07-01-10 06:35 PM
    The holster is identical and can be shared because there's no difference needed for it

07-01-10 06:50 PM
    Great to hear from sedio, I'm excited for it
    07-01-10 07:12 PM
    The holster is identical and can be shared because there's no difference needed for it

I don't have one from the 9630 to share.
    07-01-10 07:23 PM
    What I mean is they don't need a new holster for the 9650, it would be identical to the 9630 holster.
    07-01-10 07:23 PM
    What I mean is they don't need a new holster for the 9650, it would be identical to the 9630 holster.
    I miss understood, you meant in the manufacturing and packaging.
    07-01-10 07:28 PM
    When I talked to Seidio CS about the Innocase for the 9650, they said it would be ready in 2-3 weeks.
    That was 3 weeks ago.
    So I hope it comes out soon....
    Meanwhile, we have missed out on the free shipping deal that they had last week.
    07-01-10 07:37 PM
    If you are handy with an Xacto Best Buy has their Platinum Series for the 9630 on sale for $7.99. It is made by Seidio ( their label is on the holster). I got one today and it is a perfect fit after the mod, which if done carefully can't be noticed at all.
    07-01-10 07:49 PM
    If you are handy with an Xacto Best Buy has their Platinum Series for the 9630 on sale for $7.99. It is made by Seidio ( their label is on the holster). I got one today and it is a perfect fit after the mod, which if done carefully can't be noticed at all.
    I am actually mostly fine using my Tour Inno II case with my Bold. Generally, I charge at night in my Seidio charging dock where I don't have to take the case off. And if I am running low at work, I can just pop off the case to charge. No real big deal.

However, I may just go look at my local Best Buy and see if they have any of these in stock. At $7.99, I don't mind buying one and giving it a shot. I am told from a thread herein somewhere that if you heat up the knife, it will slice thru the case like butter.
    07-02-10 08:55 AM
    The snap works fine, i have it on my bold and it fits perfectly.
    07-02-10 10:45 AM

Regards,
    Seidio
    Great news, love that case. Hopefully there will be a hybrid, i.e. solid on the bottom, clear on the top?
    07-02-10 11:13 AM
    I am actually mostly fine using my Tour Inno II case with my Bold. Generally, I charge at night in my Seidio charging dock where I don't have to take the case off. And if I am running low at work, I can just pop off the case to charge. No real big deal.

However, I may just go look at my local Best Buy and see if they have any of these in stock. At $7.99, I don't mind buying one and giving it a shot. I am told from a thread herein somewhere that if you heat up the knife, it will slice thru the case like butter.
    I just used a fine metal file from my leatherman pocket tool. Took about 5 minutes, but from some of the other pictures, it looks way better. only problem is, i can't take a picture since the phone is in the case.
    07-02-10 12:16 PM
    Will the Seidio holster used with Innocases accomodiate the Otterbox Commuter case?
    07-04-10 12:05 PM
    Great news, love that case. Hopefully there will be a hybrid, i.e. solid on the bottom, clear on the top?
    Are there any good cases now or will there be one for the 9650 with a 2600 extended battery?

07-05-10 09:20 PM
    I just used a fine metal file from my leatherman pocket tool. Took about 5 minutes, but from some of the other pictures, it looks way better. only problem is, i can't take a picture since the phone is in the case.
    Ahhhh, good idea. I have a similar file that is part of the nail clipper I keep in my computer bag. I may try that today.......
    07-06-10 07:45 AM
    Also just a heads up they will be making a rugged case soon
    07-06-10 07:52 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD