Any ideas on what could be used as a "body case" for the Storm2 9550 that has a 2600 extended battery/door on it?

Seidio doesn't make one for the Storm 2 (but does for other BBs) and does NOT plan to do so, according to two different Seidio reps. Crackberry Store and Seidio only offer holsters.

I want to have some kind of protective cover on the Storm2 case during daily use. Is there a case designed for this situation or something that can be adapted? I sure can't find anything doing web searches.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.
    03-26-10 10:05 AM
    No there are none made specifically for it but there was a thread where we discussed what to do. I have an Otterbox just sitting at home getting wasted but the battery life overrides it. The link to the case that someone purchased for it is below. Its a 8350I case. There was another thread (can't find it) where someone took a leather case and modified it to fit.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=sNlP7g5Y
    03-26-10 10:13 AM
    Checked out your link and it's a holster ... and I did find several different holsters that are designed to fit extended battery Storm2s and reg Storm2s with hard cases on them. But finding something to put right on the Storm that's case protection during regular use is the hard part.

But your idea of modifying an existing case is intriguing. I have lots of Tour cases, but the Storm2 is bigger (taller).
    03-26-10 10:27 AM
    Not my idea. It was in one of the threads. I'll look for it later today. I don't use anything right now and I'm just more careful. I keep hoping Otterbox will make a case for it but I'm still waiting
    03-26-10 10:33 AM
    Take...

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=WIYkbpAU

and cut a hole in the back where the battery will stick out. It will still protect the corners and sides of the phone as well as the screen (as much as it does normally). The only problem is the battery will be exposed, but for me that is definitely not a concern. It would take you about 5 minutes to do.
    03-26-10 10:37 AM
    I will have a "door" on the back (ordered from Seidio) covering the battery. It goes from just under the camera lens to almost the bottom, but adds only a small amount of depth. I had a Tour with the extended battery and the leather case I had was flexible enough to go around the extra girth. Maybe this will work, if I can find a leather case (not holster) for the S2. Will check around.

Great ideas!!
    03-26-10 12:06 PM
    how much more capacity (running time) does various extended run time batteries provide? seems to me it might be simpler to just buy a spare standard battery with charger and swap batteries during the day if your phone runs low/out of juice.
    03-26-10 12:13 PM
    how much more capacity (running time) does various extended run time batteries provide? seems to me it might be simpler to just buy a spare standard battery with charger and swap batteries during the day if your phone runs low/out of juice.
    A couple of days longer without a charge. I did the spare battery thing and it didn't work well for me to stop and take out the battery and wait for the phone to reboot. At certain times during the day I need the phone on all the time to respond to support related emails when I'm not at my desk.
    03-26-10 12:23 PM
    A couple of days longer without a charge. I did the spare battery thing and it didn't work well for me to stop and take out the battery and wait for the phone to reboot. At certain times during the day I need the phone on all the time to respond to support related emails when I'm not at my desk.
    ah, i figured that for some, the battery swap would be inconvenient (or even a deal breaker as you mentioned). i can't imagine going "days" with the stock battery! I charge it every day. no wonder you like the extended battery.
    03-26-10 12:54 PM
    The extended battery (2600 only, by the way) offers enough power with the Tour to get through the day with average use and not be concerned about a dead BB. I never was able to go several days without a charge-up, but I was happy just to make it 14 hours in the green zone. It will be interesting to see if the S2 works as well on the 2600. There are smaller extended batteries, but they don't offer much more "juice" than the stock, from what I hear.
    03-26-10 03:41 PM
    You can get 14 hours on the stock battery. If you can't get 36-72 on the 2600 battery with moderate to heavy use then the battery may be bad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 05:09 PM
    I took and cut the Otter Box Defender to fit the battery with the rubber on you cant tell that the battery is there. if you would like to see the pictures I can email them. Best choice I ever made. I don't know how to post pics sorry

[email protected]
    03-26-10 05:36 PM
    I took and cut the Otter Box Defender to fit the battery with the rubber on you cant tell that the battery is there. if you would like to see the pictures I can email them. Best choice I ever made. I don't know how to post pics sorry

[email protected]
    I just sent you an email. Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely interested

03-26-10 07:53 PM
    Glad I could be of assistance to the ones that need it.
    03-27-10 02:09 AM
    I want the 2600 badly. Had one for mybnold 9000 and it was a savior in biz trips.

If you talk on the phone a lot not even a prayer you can make it 8 hours.

03-27-10 09:11 AM
    I use one of the smaller extended batteries.
    Provides about 15% more juice. Just enough to get me through the day with no red zone.

I have a charger at work/in the car and I carry a spare battery anyway.
    03-27-10 10:19 AM
    The 2600 battery I have was purchased and used on my Tour 9630. I checked it out in my Storm 2 and it fits/works just fine. I noticed on the Seidio website the Tour and Storm 2600 batteries have different ID numbers, but apparently they are the same. Even the Seidio rep didn't know that.
    03-27-10 12:19 PM
    This was already discussed somewhere else (I think in the seidio review page) and what I did was mod an Epik case and I'm going to mod a Case-Mate Hybrid case. Those are really you're only options for a SNUG case on the extended. Since they're plastic they're easy to cut.
    03-27-10 12:26 PM
    Check out these holsters which work well with the extended battery: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/pe...ml#post5027133
    04-22-10 09:18 PM
    Check out these holsters which work well with the extended battery: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/pe...ml#post5027133
    That's nice, but not in the same league as an Otterbox. I have the Mugen 1650 with the Otterbox Commuter. Lasts all day. Not bad. With my Curve 8330, I had a Sedio that could last all weekend. Now that was the tits. I would rather have the Otterbox over the Extended battery. I can't go naked, unless she is really hot, and a Penguins fan...
    04-22-10 09:52 PM
    I don't like a case on the phone itself, although I may regret it some day. This Verizon holster works well for me:
    04-22-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD