Now, I don't mean to rant here, but this is the Rant and Raves forum after all...but, does anyone else find it a little annoying that there wasn't a case included with the Storm.

I find that every single Blackberry is getting a case of some sort included right out of the box.

Most of these cases aren't really worth much, but as the saying goes, "It's the thought that counts."

I am a little peeved that my Storm came with nothing...not even a pack of screen protectors...

Of course, this really hits me nearly 9 months after getting the device, but I think it was worth mentioning here...

Have a nice day.
    07-28-09 07:19 AM
    The us model came with an 8gig microsd, the uk model I believe came with the case. Depending on how you look at it I'd say the sd was a better freebie, but then again the price rim charges for a case it may have been better the other way around.
    07-28-09 07:33 AM
    I would agree with spawn026. The 8 GB microSD card is a better freebie functionality-wise.

I'd much prefer being able to pick out my own case. I'd feel like it'd be a waste for RIM's case to not be used if it was just a generic case.
    07-28-09 07:41 AM
    Now, I don't mean to rant here, but this is the Rant and Raves forum after all...but, does anyone else find it a little annoying that there wasn't a case included with the Storm.

I find that every single Blackberry is getting a case of some sort included right out of the box.

Most of these cases aren't really worth much, but as the saying goes, "It's the thought that counts."

I am a little peeved that my Storm came with nothing...not even a pack of screen protectors...

Of course, this really hits me nearly 9 months after getting the device, but I think it was worth mentioning here...

Have a nice day.
    It all boils down to personal preference when it comes to cases. There are so many options and I would rather have the SD card.
    07-28-09 07:45 AM
    It all boils down to personal preference when it comes to cases. There are so many options and I would rather have the SD card.
    Indeed.

But still, you'd think they would include some sort of case...even if it were a cheap piece of...well, crap.
    07-28-09 08:05 AM
    Most cases that are included with a device are never worth anything. They are cheaply made, break easy and really don't offer any real protection. I don't mind shelling out some dough on a high dollar case if it offers the features and protection I want. I have an Otter for the Storm and a Orbino for the iPhone.
    07-28-09 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD