My Tour has stopped providing audible alerts for SMS msgs when in the holster. I have Sound in Holster set to YES in Options. I'm sure I've done something to cause the problem but have no clue as to what!
    11-19-09 07:45 AM
    If all your sound settings are correct, just try a battery pull or "alt + right shift + del" Should resolve,
    Good Luck.
    11-19-09 11:00 AM
    i;m having the same promblem wheni put my tour in the holster that came with it, i get sound when i get a MMS and message from bb messenger. I found out that its only affects the contacts the i set custom ringtones for. I have the setting set to 'yes" on the option for sound in holster. still looking for a solution.
    11-30-09 09:13 PM
    Guys, RIM knows about this. I was on the phone with their tech support for 2 hours verifying this exact problem you both describe. It only happens if you've assigned a custom ringer or text tone to someone. It IS software based, and they know this.

They'd loaded the current Verizon software on some of their Tour phones, and the issue was verified. I received an email from them today. It basically stated that they're aware of the issue. They've installed pre-release software on their test phones and stated the problem has been corrected. Which means all we have to do (rant coming up..) is wait another 6 or 7 ****ing months (or however long it takes for Verizon to release another **itty software update), to correct this issue! ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL??? THAT was their response!!! I emailed back and POLITELY asked "WTF am I supposed to do in the meantime?" I can't customize my phone at all? I mean ****....GET REAL!

Realistically guys, your best bet would be to roll your phones back to .40 Or if bluetooth isn't a factor, you can install OS 5.0.0.230 I am still unwilling to install a beta OS on my phone, but it's probably going to come to that. I won't install .230 because it has issues with bluetooth, and I am heavily dependent on bluetooth. Maybe when another 5.0 leak comes out....

Honestly, I am feeling really discouraged and put off by the way this is being handled. In a nutshell: "yeah we're aware of the problem, but you'll just have to wait it out until your carrier releases another update" Am I wrong for feeling this way?
    Last edited by efn77mx; 11-30-09 at 11:15 PM.
    11-30-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD