Afternoon All.

I have a small problem with my Torch 9800, let me start by saying I am a convert from the Iphone and am loving the new toy (besides my browser speed, its slow.......I am guessing more memory may help this.????) but that is not my question, I have no tone or alert when a voicemail is left, is this normal for a BB? is there an easy fix or do I need an App?

Thanks in advance for any help!

B
    11-20-11 11:56 PM
    Do you have visual voicemail set up?
    11-21-11 01:24 AM
    No, I am based in Sydney Australia and not sure if my network (Vodafone) has VVM...

Its so annoying, as if i dont have any reception and somebody deposits a voicemail I have no idea, no tone, no text, no pop up, nothing.....its driving me nuts.....arrrgghhhh

B
    11-21-11 11:32 PM
    Try calling the carrier and see if they support it. They would have to activate it for you if its not already. Have you checked your sound profiles?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 08:31 AM
    There is an app on App World that lets you know if you have a missed call. BigTinCan BuzzMe by BigTinCan. There is a free version that you can try. You can set it up with a special led color to let you know if you missed a call.
    11-22-11 09:45 AM
    Have checked my sound profiles, to no avail......
    My homescreen shows that i have missed a call but i have no idea if a voicemail has been left (without calling my voicemail #) if say I have no reception etc, I am finding myself checking my voicemail every hour or so and being surprised when i find that i have mail......thanks for all the input so far.

B
    11-23-11 04:53 AM
    Two questions:
    1. Are you using an unlocked At&t BB Torch?
    2. What phone were you using prior?
    12-02-11 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD