09-08-10 12:51 PM
50 12
tools
    Ok guys, I know everyone can't wait for new themes for the 8900 but we are at the mercy of Plazmic to release their new version of their theme builder before we can get themes. I have converted some wallpapers I used on my Bold so they would look good with the 8900 and I thought I would share them with everyone. I would like to thank Foolo for his post and fatboy97 for his contributions in the previous 8900 forum thread as my resource.

I think these wallpapers look great and the color/detail in them really show off what the display is made of. Feel free to use any or all of them. Personally, I am most partial to "valley" and "river".

I believe terra dreams is the original source for the images. I checked them out and they have a gallery of very stunning images that are free to download, you will just have to resize them all yourself.

Enjoy!

*** UPDATE: *** I removed the wallpapers that were already posted in Foolo's thread since I believe they are formatted correctly already and added some additional ones that I compiled form terra dreams.
    Last edited by aristile; 01-27-09 at 09:12 PM.
    01-27-09 12:26 AM
    Ok guys, I know everyone can't wait for new themes for the 8900 but we are at the mercy of Plazmic to release their new version of their theme builder before we can get themes. I have converted some wallpapers I used on my Bold so they would look good with the 8900 and I thought I would share them with everyone. I would like to thank Foolo for his post in the 9000 forum as my resource.

I think these wallpapers look great and the color/detail in them really show off what the display is made of. Feel free to use any or all of them. Personally, I am most partial to "valley" and "river".

I believe terra dreams is the original source for the images. I checked them out and they have a gallery of very stunning images that are free to download, you will just have to resize them all yourself.

Enjoy!
    Thank you!
    Quick question for you, when you are resizing pictures for the 8900 what size do you make them... example 1.25 inch by 2.75 inch?

Thanks,
    01-27-09 12:52 AM
    I make them the same size as the screen resolution: 480 x 360 pixels
    01-27-09 12:58 AM
    all of them look really great and im sure they will look even better once on the 8900
    01-27-09 01:53 AM
    This is my first wallpaper I put on my 8900.
    01-27-09 06:04 AM
    sweet thread, many thx. didn't get around to changing wallpaper yet, will be nice to see rogers down and Jav gleaming like she knows best
    01-27-09 06:17 AM
    You can make wallpapers right here on crackberry using the wallpaper creater in the media section!
    01-27-09 06:19 AM
    What is the difference between creating wallpaper and just using a picture as your wallpaper? Those wallpapers do look amazing, thanks for sharing!
    01-27-09 07:42 AM
    creating one will size the image to fit the screen properly.
    01-27-09 07:46 AM
    What is the difference between creating wallpaper and just using a picture as your wallpaper? Those wallpapers do look amazing, thanks for sharing!
    Pictures are ok, but some of these wallpapers are images or pictures that we either create or find on the web and resize properly to fit the specific screen resolution... some of which we'd just like to see one day, or have seen.
    01-27-09 07:47 AM
    I'm really hoping someone can post me a map of the world wallpaper, but with stunning graphics like the ones posted above, if found please post!

Thanks for the heads up aristile.
    01-27-09 07:48 AM
    This is my first wallpaper I put on my 8900.
    Very nice! I think I will use this one for a bit! I need to find me a pretty, high res. turtle background!
    01-27-09 09:41 AM
    Thanks, they look good!
    01-27-09 09:47 AM
    Thank you!
    Quick question for you, when you are resizing pictures for the 8900 what size do you make them... example 1.25 inch by 2.75 inch?

Thanks,
    As the first responder said, make them 480x360 pixels (or points, depending on what program you use). However, the tricky part is to not just grab any image and make it that resolution, as it will most likely stretch it width-wise or height-wise. You would need to do some math with it and transpose the 480x360 to fit one of the dimensions of your original image, then crop it and resize it down so that you don't get any stretching.

...or just PM me with the image you would like when you find one and I'll do it for you Only takes one minute.
    01-27-09 10:12 AM
    Are there any copyright issues with just grabbing an image and making a wallpaper/theme?
    01-27-09 10:46 AM
    Some places have copyrighted images, some don't. It just depends on the website.
    01-27-09 11:01 AM
    good looking out - thanks!
    01-27-09 11:01 AM
    the copyright may depend on the image you are to use, if it is copyright or require permission of author to reuse/distribution then may need the consent

another thing i do is use CaptureIt to take screenshot of Home Screen make sure the wallpaper i make/use the important part will not be cover by the top area (where it show the time/carrier/signal) and also the bottom (the icons)

i have include attachment of template of top and bottom area

hope soon Plazmic will release new version so can make theme with smaller or less blocking top and bottom area
    01-27-09 11:27 AM
    Are there any copyright issues with just grabbing an image and making a wallpaper/theme?
    No, unless you are selling them.
    01-27-09 11:56 AM
    Check out deviantart
    01-27-09 02:39 PM

^my current wp

01-27-09 03:13 PM
    Woohoo, I found one that I had to resize a bit here is a 480*360 compatible one, So all you have to do is resize it and it wont mess up the aspect ratio.

01-27-09 03:15 PM
    Very impressive, I think I will be trying some of these out. If the top and bottom bars were transparent I don't think it would need to be shrank down. I guess it depends on what the graphic is. I usually just us photographs, but I may try making actual wallpapers. Is it time consuming?
    01-27-09 04:05 PM
    I resized the World
    01-27-09 04:36 PM
    I resized the World
    Thank you.
    01-27-09 07:34 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD