Just got my storm on friday - (Verizon)

2 questions -

How the heck to you get rid of that red check mark from V on the home screens and bring back the right "storm" logo (wallpaper).. I can see it there because sometimes when i hit messages the screen rolls up long enough and you can see the lightning there...

My .msn account seems to have stopped syncing and i am not sure why .. i get texts, enterprise email.. I pulled the battery and reset the email account on the device.. any other ideas??

Thanks
    Dave
    05-06-09 12:54 PM
    Webpage w/original storm wallpaper: StormGrounds
    05-06-09 01:14 PM
    press the menu button, bring up the full menu, then press it again and go to options and you can change the wallpaper from there.

as for the MSN account. try logging into the BIS site https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw and make sure that all the information is properly configured.
    05-06-09 01:17 PM
    for the email issue log into the BIS for your personal email accounts to check that all the settings are correct. you can do that here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

if you do not have a username and password, or cannot create an account and get the error message saying ther is already an account created for this device (or something to that effect) contact verizon support and tell them you need help getting into the BIS account and that you set up your email from your phone and do not have a login. they can reset the account info and create your username etc so you have access

Just for clarification also, you mentioned enterprise account, is your BB joined to a BES??? If so your IT dept could have a polcy in place restricting your ability to use your device for personal email, you may also want to check with them in this case...
    05-06-09 01:22 PM
    Yes BB Joined to BES but no IT policies in effect

swapped out the wallpaper but i may have used the wrong terminology.. It looks like its a "theme" ??
    05-06-09 01:44 PM
    Idk about theme tho i've seen image u refer 2 in options.
    Last edited by Transfigured; 05-08-09 at 10:59 AM.
    05-06-09 02:01 PM
    yea under options its called themes and than says Precision Zen (active) but i guess verison overwrote the wallpaper with the red V ... BOOOOO...

Thanks for the prompt responses as well :-)... oh and 1 more odd thing around 4:00 my MSN mail started comeing in again.. odd...
    05-06-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD