I got my torch today (bought from friend) and i notices some sorta layer on the screen. I tried peel it off just a bit as u can see on the top right of the phone.

Is this some sorta protective layer i should get rid off or is it supposed to be there?

Pic quality aint to great but i hope u get what i mean.

pics not needed anymore
    Last edited by Tweeg; 11-25-10 at 09:32 AM.
    11-25-10 08:10 AM
    In case my story wasnt clear. Im talking about the "edge"/"line" in between the blackberry letters and the speaker on the pic.
    11-25-10 09:17 AM
    That is a screen protector and a crappy fitted one from the looks of it. Yes you
    can take that off if you wish but I would put something else on there just for
    protection.

Stealth Guard still has a promotion going on full body protectors. FREE + $2.85
    to cover shipping. I have had mine for 2 months and it is a fantastic product.

BTW, those images are way too big. They really make it difficult for people who
    view this site on their phone. Try to resize them to no more than 800x600
    11-25-10 09:21 AM
    That is a screen protector and a crappy fitted one from the looks of it. Yes you
    can take that off if you wish but I would put something else on there just for
    protection.

Stealth Guard still has a promotion going on full body protectors. FREE + $2.85
    to cover shipping. I have had mine for 2 months and it is a fantastic product.

BTW, those images are way too big. They really make it difficult for people who
    view this site on their phone. Try to resize them to no more than 800x600
    Ill Resize em, whats the best way to take the protector off?
    11-25-10 09:26 AM
    Usually, if it is not a wet application (Invisible Shield, BSE, StealthGuard, etc...)
    you can just peel it off. Most leave no adhesive residue behind.
    11-25-10 09:29 AM
    I took my protector off my torch and I WONT put one back on.... The glass screen is way more responsive without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 03:33 PM
    I took my protector off my torch and I WONT put one back on.... The glass screen is way more responsive without it.

i've been thinking on doing the same..
    but i have a privacy screen..
    11-25-10 04:26 PM
    Even with the Stealth Guard protector I find the screen just as responsive as
    it was without it.
    11-25-10 07:23 PM
    ^ i agree. i think it really depends on which kind of screen protector you use..
    anything over $5 seems to be ok.. while MOST that comes in 3 pieces.. well feel like they're disposable.
    as i've mentioned, i have the casemate privacy screen... which in my opinion is the thickest of them all.. hence the problem with the proximity sensor BEFORE.
    but even with that thickness, i find the screen very responsive..
    So responsive that there are times i am accidentally opening Pandora or other apps.
    11-25-10 07:29 PM
    Even with the Stealth Guard protector I find the screen just as responsive as
    it was without it.
    I agree best protection for the screen. I had the responsive issues with ZAGG but not stealth guards for some reason.
    11-25-10 08:07 PM
    Ive used the ZAGG Invisible shield for years on my blackberries and iPhones until recently... I was in a mall and my iPhone 4 invisible shield was lifting and I saw one of those booths doing up phones. It was clearcoat covers for phones www clear-coat com I was supprised the way my iphone looked after installation no bubbles meanwhile the invisible shield you have to wait a few for them to disappear. I was so happy I just did my Torch as well.
    11-25-10 08:10 PM
    Mine was the Zagg too, but now that it's gone, not sure I could go back to having anything on there... just my .02
    11-25-10 11:11 PM
    Its 2011 screen protectors are so 03ish.

11-26-10 10:44 AM
    I am sure that screen protectors work great. I have never used them and I am not saying that they shouldn't be used. All RIM devices that I have owned (8310,9000,9700, and 9800) have been naked in the holster and no issues. If you MUST put your device in your pocket, don't put items such as keys and coins that will put your screen at risk. In this case, use a decent pocket pouch.
    11-26-10 10:52 AM
    All the phones I have owned have survived with various pouches and no screen protector. So far the Torch seems fine with the same system. This user is not going to interfere with success. No screen protectors for me unless there is found to be an unforeseen reason.

11-26-10 12:27 PM
    I bought the stealth guard for my 9800 because I'm very happy with the one I bought for my 9700.

But there seems to be several pieces missing on the 9800:

- the whole slider chrome
    - the entire left and right sides
    - the top back chrome above the camera

I emailed them but haven't received any reply.

Anyone else having the same issue?

11-26-10 04:24 PM
    There is nothing missing. The pieces that you are looking for are not produced
    for the 9800.
    11-26-10 05:28 PM
    There is nothing missing. The pieces that you are looking for are not produced
    for the 9800.
    That's what I suspected.

No complaint for a good quality $2 skin.

Edit: I managed to salvage some skins from the leftover to cover the exposed areas except the sides. Pretty happy with the result.

Last edited by tjioer; 11-27-10 at 03:07 AM.
    11-27-10 03:05 AM
    Zagg is by far the best screen protector, but is a liitle pricy at $20
    11-27-10 01:51 PM
    Zagg is by far the best screen protector, but is a liitle pricy at $20
    Oh I beg to differ. I have used the Invisible Shield, Best Skins Ever, and now
    Stealth Guard. I'd rank the three (3) as follows:

1) BSE (best in it's class)
    2) Stealth Guard (not very far behind BSE)
    3) Invisible Shield (overpriced and overrated)

But that is the danger of subjective opinions, your "best" may be crap to me.
    My "best" may leave you wondering "WTF is wrong with that guy"
    11-27-10 01:59 PM
    Oh I beg to differ. I have used the Invisible Shield, Best Skins Ever, and now
    Stealth Guard. I'd rank the three (3) as follows:

1) BSE (best in it's class)
    2) Stealth Guard (not very far behind BSE)
    3) Invisible Shield (overpriced and overrated)

But that is the danger of subjective opinions, your "best" may be crap to me.
    My "best" may leave you wondering "WTF is wrong with that guy"
    I'd bet you're going to get some discussion on that one. Because, no matter what, we're always somewhat subjective on things like this. But I just ordered a BSE screenprotector. So, I'll be happy to give my subjective opinion when I get it on the phone.
    11-27-10 02:07 PM
    I've been using a ghost armor screen protector for the last 3 weeks. Unlike the zagg(same material, or so they say), it's not "sticky" doesn't have that orange peel effect, and in no way does it even look or feel like there is a screen protector even on my device. I haven't noticed any difference in the sensitivity of the touch screen or any changes in brightness(it is clear lol).

Screen protectors are like anything else for a phone, some like them and will swear by them, while others hate them and would never even think of using one no matter the situation.

In my opinion, if i can prevent a scratch on the screen that would surly bug the **** out of me... I'll gladly pay a few bucks.
    11-27-10 05:23 PM
    I bought mines from at&t, for about 20 dollars kinda expensive but the screeb protestor is good and it doesnt bother the response either!
    11-27-10 05:48 PM
    I'll be receiving a clarivue this week and it will stay for a while, when I get tired it just removes with a tape trick...
    11-27-10 11:15 PM
    i got the polaroid privacy screen protector... and love it, touch screen still works %100
    11-28-10 01:21 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD