I just checked out the new otterbox case for the storm which is called commuter case on there website. Has anyone purchased this yet if so let me know what you think about it.
    07-31-09 07:04 PM
    Just placed an order today. I will check back in when I receive it, but like you, I would like to hear from anyone who already has their hands on one!
    07-31-09 07:14 PM
    yea i would like to see a review but no luck so far.
    07-31-09 07:17 PM
    There's a thread here about it. Seems like the only thing people know about it, is that it doesn't come with a belt clip. Looks cool though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...er-case-281369
    07-31-09 07:56 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    07-31-09 09:58 PM
    Looks to be a great case and all Otterbox cases have a little film for water resistance big plus especially for plumbers like me!
    07-31-09 10:00 PM
    [QUOTE=TaZ52083;3223525]I just checked out the new otterbox case for the storm which is called commuter case on there website. Has anyone purchased this yet if so let me know what you think about it.[/QUOTE/ I got one. It's ok. Basicly a vinyl case like vzw sells, with a thin plastic case that goes over it, with cutouts for the buttons. They includeba screen protector, like the one vzw sells. Personally, I prefer tje Innocase; much more solid. I guess the theory behind the Otterbox is thst the vinyl provides extra shock resistance. I just prefer the solidity of the Innocase.

(Just gor tje record, I'm on 5.0 and the keyboard is being super LAGGY!!!!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shivaji; 07-31-09 at 10:32 PM.
    07-31-09 10:29 PM
    I see hows the innocase
    07-31-09 10:30 PM
    Sorry for the terrible typing above. My thumbs are too big.

07-31-09 10:34 PM
    I see hows the innocase
    The innocase is great. Good solid protection. With either case, tho, you have to get the holster made for a cased storm, if you want a belt clip and screen protection.

07-31-09 10:39 PM
    I just checked out the new otterbox case for the storm which is called commuter case on there website. Has anyone purchased this yet if so let me know what you think about it.
    I bought an otterbox. Back in march. I am in construction and the box describe it perfectly a box that u put your phone in. It dose a great job of keeping dust,Paint,concrete, ect away from my life oops I mean storm. I do find myself prying out of the box when I get home for better use.
    I do have a screen protector on the screen and with the film protector on the box seem to stick to one another can be frustrating. It works for what I do and I am not afraid to drop it in cement cuz I know it will protect it. And yes I have dropped a phone in cement and it still there....

07-31-09 11:39 PM
    I bought an otterbox. Back in march. I am in construction and the box describe it perfectly a box that u put your phone in. It dose a great job of keeping dust,Paint,concrete, ect away from my life oops I mean storm. I do find myself prying out of the box when I get home for better use.
    I do have a screen protector on the screen and with the film protector on the box seem to stick to one another can be frustrating. It works for what I do and I am not afraid to drop it in cement cuz I know it will protect it. And yes I have dropped a phone in cement and it still there....

This is a different one that's being released.

08-01-09 04:45 AM
    I just got the Commuter...No belt clip and they are not going to make one because they said it is meant to be a pocket case versus the defender is not. Strange because the commuter has no screen protector like the defender so dust will be more likely to get into the screen with the commuter. Disappointing.
    08-03-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD