So i never used the BB holster before, and just pressed the mute button on my 8330 all the time.
    New tour has a NICE holster that comes with it. Love it!
    but - about half the time i get a message, i pull out the tour, and when i press unlock on the top, it opens the message...
    now i read that many people didnt like this, and it looks like RIM added an option that asks what to do after a notification goes off (in the alerts profiles), to open the message or not.
    Now mine is set to Never, but about 1/2 the time, it still does it.
    Is this just a buggy option and I should deal with it, or should I try something else? (wiping device and restoring?)
    07-28-09 12:49 AM
    Mine is set to always open, and it seems like <50% open automatically.
    Must be an OS bug, pray that a patch or the new OS comes out soon!
    07-28-09 12:58 AM
    Ahh, figured, thanks for confirming
    I thought maybe it had to do with the orientation i put it into the holster, or the timing or something but i guess its not me
    (this is what i get for getting a brand new phone / OS right
    07-28-09 01:04 AM
    i have mine set to "never" also,it doesn't open my emails but it does open my text messages when they come in.
    07-28-09 03:48 AM
    Ahh, figured, thanks for confirming
    I thought maybe it had to do with the orientation i put it into the holster, or the timing or something but i guess its not me
    (this is what i get for getting a brand new phone / OS right
    exactly! I tried to to tell myself to wait about six months and then purchase the phone but with the unstable signal coupled with all the bugs on the 8330M, I just took a chance.

I am happier though with this phone choice and it is better than the 8330M.
    07-28-09 04:09 AM
    I'll have to try my holster out and see if this happens to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 04:52 AM
    Where do you guys see this setting?

07-28-09 06:54 AM
    open messages, BB button>options>general options>auto open newset message after removing device from holster>never/always/after ring or vibrate
    07-28-09 07:06 AM
    Wow. Can't believe I missed that! Thanks.

07-28-09 07:44 AM
    I think it has something to do with the timing...

If you pull your phone out of the holster within 20 seconds of receiving the message.. it will Auto-Open the message no matter what setting you have it on

I was told this in another thread awhile back.... not sure if its true
    07-28-09 08:21 AM
    my setting is set to never but about half my text messages always open, wierd
    07-28-09 08:46 AM
    I like mine to open when I pull mine out.
    07-28-09 09:01 AM
    So i never used the BB holster before, and just pressed the mute button on my 8330 all the time.
    New tour has a NICE holster that comes with it. Love it!
    but - about half the time i get a message, i pull out the tour, and when i press unlock on the top, it opens the message...
    now i read that many people didnt like this, and it looks like RIM added an option that asks what to do after a notification goes off (in the alerts profiles), to open the message or not.
    Now mine is set to Never, but about 1/2 the time, it still does it.
    Is this just a buggy option and I should deal with it, or should I try something else? (wiping device and restoring?)
    Have you tried making a custom profile and going through each level of message and setting it to never or did you just do messages?
    07-28-09 09:04 AM
    I like this setting, but I don't like using the holster. Is there any way to get new messages to auto-open upon unlocking the keyboard?
    08-05-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD