Ok I was looking on that cnn.cn web page with all the new fun stuff on it. I was wondering how to remove the old to throw in the new. I saw about four or so screws or so behind the battery. What else is involved in a nice face left? Also in doing that does the screen become exposed to allow dust particles or foreign material to enter it and obstruct your view.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-07 07:32 PM
    Ok I was looking on that cnn.cn web page with all the new fun stuff on it. I was wondering how to remove the old to throw in the new. I saw about four or so screws or so behind the battery. What else is involved in a nice face left? Also in doing that does the screen become exposed to allow dust particles or foreign material to enter it and obstruct your view.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Easier than you can imagine. They will send you both the T5 tool for the screws and a plastic pry tool for the side rails. A good tip is to run the shower and let the steam capture the dust prior to disassembly. Once you get it all back together there is no issue with dust intrusion. Oh, sorry, I forgot this site has an annoying rule about not being able to post url's until you've posted so many times.....such rubbish. Just go to Blackberryforums.com and look in the 8800 forum. All you need is there. Video tutorial and such.
    11-27-07 08:54 PM
    Thanks! Now how does this shower trick work? I dont see how it would remove everything prior to being dissembled. It is dust free right now and would need to be de dusted after reassembly.
    11-27-07 10:29 PM
    What Steve means about the shower / steam ... you will be raising the humidity level in the room, the dry lite dust will absorb the moisture in the air, giving the dust more mass , there for less of it "floating" in the air. Good trick however I would not steam the room with the BB in it. You can Close the door steam the room up, turn the shower off close door and wait about 20 mins then enter with your BB. This way you will not have any condensation in your BB when you exit the room to a cooler environment.
    11-28-07 04:19 AM
    What Steve means about the shower / steam ... you will be raising the humidity level in the room, the dry lite dust will absorb the moisture in the air, giving the dust more mass , there for less of it "floating" in the air. Good trick however I would not steam the room with the BB in it. You can Close the door steam the room up, turn the shower off close door and wait about 20 mins then enter with your BB. This way you will not have any condensation in your BB when you exit the room to a cooler environment.
    Good point, we don't want any moisture damage claims! The shower thing is also a must if your installing a 'Bestskinsever' screen protector. This assumes that someone is as obsessed as me when it comes to specs of ANYTHING showing up on my Berry screen. Someone please help me :>)
    11-28-07 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD