i have two incipio cases and saw a case mate case last night. here's my feedback...

both cases protect the chrome bezel just fine. they don't cover it completely (which i like) but they have a raised 'lip' on the edges that keeps the bezel from making contact with surface.

the incipio case feels better to hold imo. it has a satin rubber feel to it, almost like the sides of the storm. makes it feel more secure and easier to grip while holding it. the case mate is a hard plastic shell. does not feel reassuring to hold imo because it's slick pastic.

as for using a silicon skin with either case, i have ghost armor on with my incipio case and it fits fine. but i don't have the ga on the bezel so that might be a reason why it fits. doesn't need it on the bezel anyway since the case protects it. only place you really need the extra coverage is on the top and bottom pieces that are exposed.

size. both are almost identical in size. i couldn't tell a difference.

charging cradles. neither will fit in the stock cradle. i have the seidio cradle and the incipio fits in just fine so the case mate should too.

durability. as for the case cracking, both would probably crack under stress due to their rigid design. don't think they could allow much flexibility in order for the case to fit as snug as they do. i've had my blue incipio case crack putting it on and off just to put it on the stock cradle. my black incipio case has no issues. the incipio case is very scratch resistant, none on mine yet. the case mate case shows scratches and is more prone to scratching because it's a hard plastic.

customer service, incipio gets an a+ based on my experience. no experience with case mate so i have no feedback on them.

hope this helps.
    05-03-09 01:28 PM
    i have two incipio cases and saw a case mate case last night. here's my feedback...

both cases protect the chrome bezel just fine. they don't cover it completely (which i like) but they have a raised 'lip' on the edges that keeps the bezel from making contact with surface.

the incipio case feels better to hold imo. it has a satin rubber feel to it, almost like the sides of the storm. makes it feel more secure and easier to grip while holding it. the case mate is a hard plastic shell. does not feel reassuring to hold imo because it's slick pastic.

as for using a silicon skin with either case, i have ghost armor on with my incipio case and it fits fine. but i don't have the ga on the bezel so that might be a reason why it fits. doesn't need it on the bezel anyway since the case protects it. only place you really need the extra coverage is on the top and bottom pieces that are exposed.

size. both are almost identical in size. i couldn't tell a difference.

charging cradles. neither will fit in the stock cradle. i have the seidio cradle and the incipio fits in just fine so the case mate should too.

durability. as for the case cracking, both would probably crack under stress due to their rigid design. don't think they could allow much flexibility in order for the case to fit as snug as they do. i've had my blue incipio case crack putting it on and off just to put it on the stock cradle. my black incipio case has no issues. the incipio case is very scratch resistant, none on mine yet. the case mate case shows scratches and is more prone to scratching because it's a hard plastic.

customer service, incipio gets an a+ based on my experience. no experience with case mate so i have no feedback on them.

hope this helps.
    great review, very helpful, thanks.
    05-03-09 01:38 PM
    Awaiting my 3rd feather(cracked twice). First two were blue. DO NOT GET THE BLUE FEATHER! In another thread there was a tally of like 10 to 1 blue to other cases cracking. My first two broke almos instantly. I was sad. Still a dope case! Also really fast customer service!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 02:34 PM
    Hey, I wanted to order an incipio feather case, and had just one question. How does the incipio fare if I drop the device? Would the screen, top, and bottom be affected because it's exposed? That and the cracking issue is the only concern
    05-03-09 10:29 PM
    Well to be frank, there is no immediate protection for the front of the device. I say this in that, essentially, the case technically only covers the back and the sides. However, there is a lip that is lined all around the front of the case, that I would assume asbsorb some of impact if the device were to fall.

Incipio does ship a screen protector with the case but if you're looking for something with full-on protection, look elsewhere.

And as far as the cracking, again I'm not extremely happy. Somewhere along the line this was overlooked, and without a doubt there is a flaw in the design that enables this.
    05-03-09 11:25 PM
    I already own the Seidio Innocase II, which I completely love. It really is the best case out there, but I also wanted something a little more stylish and colorful, so I thought I would give the Case Mate Barely There case a try. I decided last week to purchased one for both my husband's and my storms.

I got the gradient blue for myself and the orange for my husband. I really like both colors a lot. There are a few differences in the cases though.

The orange one seems to have a tighter fit and feels more like the Innocase on the outside. It also seems to cover up a tad bit more of the phone, than the blue one does.

The blue one is much more slippery/smooth feeling. I'm assuming it's because they had to use a slightly different material to get the gradient coloring. It also was kind of loose fitting at first. I had to remove it and bend the sides in a few times to make it fit my storm better. After using it only since Tuesday I already have some scratches on the blue case from putting it in my purse. I used my Innnocase for 3 months without a scratch. One thing I wish it did have was the inside felt that the Innocase has to protect the phone.

I still like the look of the case and it does what it's supposed to. I'm not totally disappointed with my purchase, and my husband's orange one is great. I just really wish the Innocase came in cool colors like these, though.

well, that's just my 2 cents.
    05-09-09 10:15 PM
    Should people wait on buying the feather since it seems to have quality issues?

I have the innocase II and it feels super solid and durable.
    05-09-09 11:34 PM
    i got the outerbox and feather yea buy the feather you will love it
    05-10-09 01:58 AM
    Okay, upon receiving my black feather replacement I am now 110% satisfied with incipio! Be careful with the blue feather. Once again probably the best customer service ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 02:15 AM
    Just curiosity, anyone have a white coloured feather, and if so any problems with them?

And second question is, I've noticed the Feather is considered to be a very durable polymer vs the Barely There which is considerered to be more flexible, does this make a difference?
    05-25-09 12:26 AM
    If you check the Incipio Feather thread, someone posted pictures of their white case. Supposedly there have been reports of dirt and lint showing up all over the case...
    05-26-09 12:19 PM
    I was torn between the Case Mate Barely There and the Incipio and I read a lot of reviews. There were many people who said the Incipio breaks easily but I didn't listen. THIS IS A FACT!! And it's not due to "customer error" from being rough when putting it on or off. I had mine for TWO weeks only. I then contacted Incipio Customer Service including an attached picture of my broken case. Jenna said I could return it for a replacement because there is a warranty but I'd have to pay for the return shipping!! There's no legitimate good company out there that won't pay for return shipping of a DEFECTIVE product, especially within only 2 weeks! She said nothing else could be done. So why would I pay even more money to ship a piece of junk back in order to get a replacement piece of junk and start all over? HORRIBLE CUSTOMER service, NOT the great customer service that I have read about at all! They must have changed their policies or something because I wouldn't buy another case from them if they don't stand behind their products enough to not make the customer pay for a DEFECTIVE item!
    10-28-09 05:44 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD