I want to create a simple wallpaper on my Torch.

I created with 360 x 480 resolution (portrait). Everything looks ok on portrait mode until I turn to Landscape mode. The picture is being stretched to fit into the new screen mode.

If I use a 480 x 640 resolution, the picture will look compressed with portrait and ok with Landscape mode.

Basically, the picture will not look good due to automatic stretching to fit into the screen.

Now I see that the default wallpaper doesn't have this issue. The picture doesn't get stretched or compressed with different view mode and the quality remains good.

So how can I create a wallpaper that doesn't have any issue and can "act" just like the original default wallpaper?

- Charles
    11-12-10 10:25 PM
    Unless I'm terrible mistaken, the default wallpapers do get stretched. But they seem to be of higher resolution. If you make a larger wallpaper to scale and then resize, that might work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 11:07 PM
    Unless I'm terrible mistaken, the default wallpapers do get stretched. But they seem to be of higher resolution. If you make a larger wallpaper to scale and then resize, that might work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It somehow smartly places the picture at the center automatically.

If you look at the side of the picture, on Landscape mode, you can see more at the side. If on Portrait, the top and bottom get revealed more.

- Charles
    11-12-10 11:13 PM
    anyone??

- Charles
    11-15-10 09:19 PM
    I have an iPad which has 768x1024 pixel on portrait and vice versa for landscape.
    What I ended up doing (and many other people), is that we make 1024x1024 wallpaper for the iPad and this works perfectly on both portrait and landscape.

Would you mind trying to make 480x480 wallpaper and see how it goes?

Thanks
    11-21-10 02:56 PM
    I have an iPad which has 768x1024 pixel on portrait and vice versa for landscape.
    What I ended up doing (and many other people), is that we make 1024x1024 wallpaper for the iPad and this works perfectly on both portrait and landscape.

Would you mind trying to make 480x480 wallpaper and see how it goes?

Thanks
    I did create a wallpaper that size. What happen is on Portrait mode, the wallpaper indeed just look square. The top and bottom part of the screen basically is just black without anything.

On the Landscape mode, it looks ok.

- Charles
    11-25-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD