Well I finally did it. I upgraded to the Tour today, it should be shipped out on Monday and will be here on Wednesday. This will be my 4th Blackberry and Im stoked about it.

The question I have is, which is the best case for the device? My first two Blackberrys shipped with a holster in the box. The Storm didnt, so I went out and bought one from Verizons website. I liked that one alot and after checking the dimensions of the Tour and comparing it to the Storm, think it would work for it as well. Here is a link to it;

Enter your location

I noticed that Crackberry had a Tour specific pocket pouch, but it seems to be slightly too big and some reviews have stated that the device can fall out easily. I think I may have to pass on it but here is a link to that pouch;

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=8WM2Z4iX

Is anyone using the Storm pouch for the Tour? Are there any other alternatives aside from ones that attach to your belt and/or are purse like?
    08-15-09 06:16 PM
    I'd like a silicone sleeve that goes into a holster. Are there any Silicone sleeves that work with cases, or perhaps better yet, a combo? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 06:27 PM
    I'd like a silicone sleeve that goes into a holster. Are there any Silicone sleeves that work with cases, or perhaps better yet, a combo? Thanks!

Yeah, Ive wanted that combo for some time now. It seems to have a good fit with the two, one would need an extra large holster to allow the silicon case to move freely in and out. Thats why I dont use a silicon case, its too hard to get your device in and out of a pair of nice fitting jeans.
    08-15-09 06:32 PM
    I got a case in the box
    08-15-09 06:43 PM
    I use a silicone case I got from verizon with the OEM holster that came with the phone. At first it's quite tight, but after a week or so it slides in and out pretty easily.

One good thing about the tight fit, is that it is NOT going to fall out on it's own.

I love this combo.
    08-15-09 06:55 PM
    I am looking to get the Vaja iVolution case but for now I have the horizontal and Vertical BlackBerry OS cases and they work well.
    08-15-09 11:27 PM
    I got the chrome hard cover case from Verizon, I love it... I don't know if they have the body glove case yet, but I may switch to that. I do also like the one it came with too, even thought it's a little bulky. Small price to pay to protect your investment though lol
    08-15-09 11:50 PM
    I use a horizontal holster for work and love the spe leather for the tour. Storm cases may not work for magnet sleep mode. Mine didn't with the tour

08-16-09 12:26 AM
    I use a horizontal holster for work and love the spe leather for the tour. Storm cases may not work for magnet sleep mode. Mine didn't with the tour

Yeah I figured that the magnet may not put the Tour to sleep, oh well. Those Vaja cases look damn sexy.
    08-16-09 12:35 AM
    I use the silicone sleeve with an OEM 8830 Leather case. Its slightly larger than the case that comes with the Tour. I bought 2 on Ebay. Perfect fit
    08-16-09 09:21 AM
    Seidio Innocase and holster is a very good choice. I am waiting for mine to be shipped.

08-16-09 09:57 AM
    I use the silicone sleeve with an OEM 8830 Leather case. Its slightly larger than the case that comes with the Tour. I bought 2 on Ebay. Perfect fit
    I will have to check out your and Shatiek's suggestions.
    08-16-09 12:49 PM
    I used to use either a silicone case or a clear hard case in combination with the holster that came with the phone. That worked really well. I kept putting off getting the otterbox because of the money and the bulk. But after a few nasty falls (thankfully in the hard case) the hard case what all scratched up and I decided to get the otterbox. The re-design is great and it is an amazing case. It adds a little bulk but at least now I know the phone is protected and the holster has a sleeper function.

A friend of mine just bought the Seidio lock holster for his Tour so that looked interesting as well. But now I am in love with the otterbox so I'm probably going to stick with that.
    08-16-09 01:04 PM
    Seidio Innocase and holster is a very good choice. I am waiting for mine to be shipped.

you referring to this:

Innocase Surface Combo, Black
    08-16-09 02:13 PM
    I've tried several routes with my Tour. With the Pearl and the Curve, I would up going out and buying the holster since they came with the sleeve. Tour was the opposite, since it shipped factory with the holster. I use the holster with dress clothes during the week, and the sleeve on the weekend in casual.

I've personally found that the Curve sleeve works awesome with it. Nice tight fit, but not too tight. And the factory holster mine shipped with accomadates the phone having the silicon sleeve around it quite well, althought I don't go that route.
    08-16-09 02:37 PM
    I'm using the holster from my 8830...fits great, magnet's in the right place to put the tour in sleep mode. Also, I just received the Seidio spring lock holster. Seems great so far.

08-16-09 03:38 PM
    Well you guys have certainly given me some nice options, I appreciate it. I traditionally have used a leather sleeve/pocket with my BB, but I am open to a hard case as well. Those Otterbox cases look like they are made to survive WWIII, and some seem to be quite bulky. Im having fun trying to choose, thats for sure.
    08-16-09 04:04 PM
    best skin ever and the holster it came with

or the silicone ones
    08-16-09 05:26 PM
    you referring to this:

Innocase Surface Combo, Black
    That is what I am waiting for. I bought a set of bodyquardz but I need a little more protection than that. I can't wear a holster at work due to lack of room so it has to live in my shirt pocket. The harder material of the innocase will give a little better chance of surviving a fight, then I have the holster to use on my off time.
    08-16-09 07:04 PM
    Well you guys have certainly given me some nice options, I appreciate it. I traditionally have used a leather sleeve/pocket with my BB, but I am open to a hard case as well. Those Otterbox cases look like they are made to survive WWIII, and some seem to be quite bulky. Im having fun trying to choose, thats for sure.
    I would suggest you lay hands on an otterbox with your phone in it before you buy one. They look awesome and are tough as nails. They're easily the bulkiest cases I've ever seen in my life. I mean huge.
    08-16-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD