Good day, folks.

I have taken the time to rip a bunch of wallpapers from National Geographic's site that they make available for download (I wrote a script using ahk to do the dirty work - gotta love ahk.!.).

I then ran the files through a freeware image resizer that I got pointed when the Mother-In-Law got a digital picture frame (VSO Image Resizer <-- wicked easy to use and darned nice results - looks great on my 8350i.!. A video demonstration of the tool's use can be viewed .).

I then compressed the resulting images together in a set of archives and have made them available for use by the group herein.

EDIT: I have put the 320x240 National Geographic wall paper pack avail for download here - you'll need 7zip to decompress - careful, it contains >900 images and is ~162MB, so you'll likely want to do it via a PC and then copy it over to the MMC. I use it with toysoft's visualarts 2, set to change the image every 15minutes. It keeps things fresh.

Thumbnail 1
    Thumbnail 2
    Thumbnail 3
    Thumbnail 4
    Thumbnail 5

The compelling reason for going down this path is that I stumbled across the Visual Arts app from ToySoft.ca (at the bottom of this page). It is a nice app that automagically changes the wallpaper as programmed by the user.

I was running the 8350i OS5 device with RockDog's Mini OS6-icon theme.

The theme, when coupled with ToySoft's Visual Arts app and the wallpapers above, makes for a very eye-pleasing experience. There are times when I am tempted to force the display to stay lit, just to sit back and enjoy Nature's beauty and mysteriousness for many minutes...

Anyways, enjoy folks. I have another 320x240 archive uploaded that contains ~8000 pictures from NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day archive. Same is presented in another thread.

Take care.

-t

Here are just a few sample images:

Last edited by TodWulff; 08-27-11 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Download links added - threw them all into a single archive and put out on dropbox.
    09-18-10 09:44 PM
    Good day, folks.

I have taken the time to rip a bunch of wallpapers from National Geographic's site that they make available for download (I wrote a script using ahk to do the dirty work - gotta love ahk.!.).

I then ran the files through a freeware image resizer that I got pointed when the Mother-In-Law got a digital picture frame (VSO Image Resizer <-- wicked easy to use and darned nice results - looks great on my 8350i.!. A video demonstration of the tool's use can be viewed .).

I then compressed the resulting images together in a set of archives and have made them available for use by the group herein.

Vitals for the various archives follows:

Archive File Name: 2007 NatGeo 320x240 Wallpapers.7z
    Contains: 48 images in 8,847,319B
    Thumbnail

Archive File Name: 2008PC NatGeo 320x240 Wallpapers.7z
    Contains: 226 images in 38,174,156B
    Thumbnail

Archive File Name: 2008Walls NatGeo 320x240 Wallpapers.7z
    Contains: 238 images in 43,593,664B
    Thumbnail

Archive File Name: 2009PC NatGeo 320x240 Wallpapers.7z
    Contains: 161 images in 27,963,904B
    Thumbnail

Archive File Name: 2009Walls NatGeo 320x240 Wallpapers.7z
    Contains: 263 images in 48,310,462B
    Thumbnail

The compelling reason for going down this path is that I stumbled across the Visual Arts app from ToySoft.ca (at the bottom of this page). It is a nice app that automagically changes the wallpaper as programmed by the user.

I am running the 8350i OS5 device with RockDog's Mini OS6-icon theme.

The theme, when coupled with ToySoft's Visual Arts app and the wallpapers above, makes for a very eye-pleasing experience. There are times when I am tempted to force the display to stay lit, just to sit back and enjoy Nature's beauty and mysteriousness for many minutes...

Anyways, enjoy folks. I have another 320x240 archive uploading that contains ~8000 pictures from NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day archive. I'll follow up with another post when that 1GB+ file gets done loading.

Take care.

-t
    Thank you Tod. These are great!!!
    09-19-10 12:58 AM
    You are welcome. Glad to have someone else enjoy them. Take care.

-t
    09-19-10 03:07 PM
    The screen shots look great but, unfortunately, the links to download are not working Is there anyway to re-up these?
    10-01-10 08:16 AM
    ... unfortunately, the links to download are not working ...
    What a crock. So much for Filesavr saving the files and serving them up...

Yes, I will re-up them. Any suggested site that does not throttle uploads and is reasonably stable and will keep the files longer than a few days?
    10-01-10 09:21 PM
    Sendspace.com works well.
    10-01-10 09:26 PM
    Sendspace.com works well.
    Thanks. Will upload and then edit the original post. Take care.

-t
    10-01-10 09:29 PM
    Links in original post updated. Enjoy.

-t
    10-01-10 10:02 PM
    Very cool! Thank you. Another good one is Rapidshare as well for file hosting.
    10-05-10 10:02 AM
    I have added an edit to the initial post in this thread.

I have my 320x240 National Geographic wall paper pack avail for download here - you'll need 7zip to decompress - careful, it contains >900 images and is ~162MB, so you'll likely want to do it via a PC and then copy it over to the MMC. I use it with toysoft's visualarts 2, set to change the image every 15minutes. It keeps things fresh.
    08-21-11 10:42 AM
    Thank you Tod. These are great!!!
    Can u tell me which theme r u using. It looks great with so many icons on the home screen. Will be obliged if u could post the link of the theme. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 08:19 PM
    Can u tell me which theme r u using. It looks great with so many icons on the home screen. Will be obliged if u could post the link of the theme. Thanks in advance.

Sure, here ya go.

Last edited by TodWulff; 08-21-11 at 08:29 PM.
    08-21-11 08:24 PM
    nice,
    btw, is there available for curve 8900 (480x360) ?
    08-23-11 02:34 PM
    I'll consider doing a 480 x 360 conversion on the originals, if I can find them. I lost a HDD that had a bunch of imagery on it, so I don't know if I have them still.

I'll look and if not, I'll see if I can pull them down again. I'll advise herein, when I do.

-t
    08-27-11 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD