As initially discussed in another thread, here is a collection of ~5000 pictures from NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day archive. I used the same process to procure the images (a custom ahk script to rip the images to my local storage) and the sames tools to convert the original (sometimes extremely-)large files down to what is contained in the linked archive below.

The file is a 7-zip archive (7-zip is available here).

Archive File Name: 320x240 NASA APOD Wallpapers.7z 533 MB (559,083,920 bytes)

Composite Thumbnail

Upon review of the composite thumbnail (shows 165 thumbnails - a small illustrative sampling), you'll note that some of the images present to be duplicates. The original source had both an image that was formatted for good web-viewing, and also the original unaltered image. I felt it appropriate not to go removing either, but rather just re-size both and let you folks decide which works best for your use.

Enjoy, folks.

-t
    Last edited by TodWulff; 08-28-11 at 02:55 PM.
    10-02-10 02:03 AM
    Good day, folks. I replaced the files that were deleted from SendSpace and replaced with a file hosted on my DropBox account. It should be there for the duration.

Take care.

-t
    08-27-11 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD