I agree, halfassed. I don't like using a case or a skin with my bold because it takes away from it's slickness. but if I'm going somewhere that would do any potential harm to my berry (for instance geology field trips and outdoor work) I'll put a skin on it or put it in its oem case. but if I'm at home it's gonna be naked as a jaybird, all sexy and uncovered.
    06-15-09 06:50 PM
    Totally agree !! I tried having a skin on my Bold but it was too clumsy and unnecessary . I have several scratches in my Bold , nothing too serious but guess what ?! Nothing lasts forever
    06-16-09 02:24 PM
    I think even the OEM case is too much. It hides all the technology that is the true beauty of the Blackberry. I just carry the circuit boards and the battery wrapped in Saran Wrap...
    06-16-09 03:07 PM
    Step 1. Be a hot female.
    Step 2. Be willing to be at my whim.
    Step 3. Pay me for performing BerryBearing services (not BabyBearing).

Interested?
    No thanks...I don't meet any of the qualifications.
    06-16-09 05:04 PM
    It depends on my mood and what I am wearing
    I have so many cases and battery covers that I pick and choose what (if any) I want my Bold to look like on that day.
    06-16-09 07:05 PM
    I never use a case for any phone, and I body a screen protector form bodyguardz. It is a bit pricey, but they send a screen and a body protector as well and if applied right it is completely invisible and saves it from getting scratched.
    Last edited by joemd60; 06-16-09 at 07:13 PM.
    06-16-09 07:08 PM
    650-700 phone = i use an OTTER case to protect it and it still looks like a man phone not a muffin phone.

OTTER case = 80.00 range with tax in my area and its well worth saving your phone .. one issue is if it is HOT outside try never to talk in the sun as that will heatup the phone and cause the battery to warm up past the phones heat sensor not allowing you to charge the battery until it cools down for a 1-5 mins.

I learned this 2 days in a row, though first day a battery issue, but nope its HEAT related outside.
    06-16-09 07:28 PM
    LOL.
    I have so many cases:
    silicone, hard plastic, crystal, invisible shield, half cases.

All I want is an invisible shield type that covers the chrome which is the easiest place for me to scratch . Does anyone know of any? invisible shield doesn't cover the chrome those bastards
    08-01-09 05:34 AM
    I posted this in the 8900 section in response to a case thread. I just can't stomach putting a case on my phone, bulking it up even more and making it look downright stupid. The Bold is BOLD enough. Anyone agree with me here??

"In my opinion, cases are stupid. They go against everything the designers of these phones strived for. The Curve is one of the best looking phones out there and you cover it up/bulk it up with a case? Sigh.

Yeah yeah... you want to protect it.

How about you be careful with your phones?

If you scratch it THAT badly, you can replace bezels, battery doors, LCD lenses, etc quite cheaply.

Only thing I would do and possibly recommend is a clear LCD film because on the Bold the LCD is glued to the lens making it almost impossible to replace independently.

Sorry no one said it, so I had to.

To each his own"
    Amen brother!!! As a new bold owner I couldn't agree more. What makes it easier to go naked is my best friend has ripped apart his bold many times and has changed almost everything on the exterior. Seen a red, blue, titanium, blacked out (HOT) bold. He tells me that doing all this is cake SO...I will keep the hotness of the bold out naked and there should be a boo boo time to replace parts.

I don't care what u call it, but cases/skins are just ****!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 06:46 AM
    I love how my bold looks and feels without case and skin.
    But having dropped it twice and the latch and battery door is not as snug as before, just confirms my clumsiness and need for skin/cases
    It's not just scratches I fear anymore, but more painful permanent damage.
    My 2 cents.

08-01-09 07:11 AM
    I have a body glove case and love it. your right to each is own
    08-01-09 07:12 AM
    Most of time my bold is naked or in my sena case (ultra thin) but it depend what i'm wearing, if my pant don't have deep poket I wear my blackberry holster. I don't like this but it's the only way to bring my Bold with me!!
    08-01-09 08:53 AM
    Most of the time, my Bold is in a skin and/or in my case.

Yes, phones are sleek and should be shown off. But part of me (and maybe others) just can't stand to see those little scratches and nicks that could get onto one's device after spending $xxx on it. Sure you can replace parts that are scratched, but I'm of the camp that probably won't have the time or patience to do it, and unless I can be 100% guaranteed that what I buy over the net are 100% genuine BlackBerry parts, then I'm not interested.

to each their own, I guess.
    08-01-09 09:26 AM
    I just have the OEM pouch. If I'm wearing jeans I won't use it, but any other time I use the pouch.

08-02-09 12:22 AM
    I hate cases also I've never used them. Unfortunately, the trackball can get a lot of gunk in it and stop working which is the only reason I would suggest a case
    08-02-09 01:43 AM
    I don't use a case or screen protector, but I do use a holster (the one that came with my Bold) when I am out and about. I really would not have room for it in the pockets of my jeans, so the holster on my belt works well.
    08-02-09 02:33 AM
    I use an OEM sleeve all the time. I figure if you drop it you're gunna do damage wether there is 1inch of plastic around it or not, things still move inside.

I have had friends who have cased up there phones and still cracked the LCDs, busted up keyboars and other damage.

Why so worried about scratches if you are just covering the phone up? No one will see the scratches? Seems kind of redundant imho.
    08-02-09 11:42 PM
    i love the silicon cases cuz they give an added grip. If you have the phone sitting on the dash, it doesn't slip as easy... but then if you drive like a maniac, it will slip regardless
    08-03-09 10:11 AM
    Forr me it ddepends on my mood. If I go clubbin it might don a jewel case, some days I use a silicone case and some days it is plain. The bold needs nothing on it. Just change the leather door and that's all the verstility everr needed.

08-03-09 10:28 AM
    Seidio innocase in black and Seidio sleeper function holster. As noted previously, I too have larger hands and want a little extra bulk to have the phone feel comfortable and thus efficient in my hands. The rubberdized Seidio material is nice that it feels less likely to slip through my hands.

As much as I like the Bold, believe it or not, I prefer to hide the chrome, too much bling for my style. I rather prefer more of a stealth look to the phone.
    08-03-09 11:38 AM
    Use a skin? Nope, not here. I thought about, really did. Used the Casemate fully body skin with keyboard, and after a while, just didn't work though. I hate pocketing my phone. So its back to bareness.

But I do need a case, definetely gonna need it. Dropping the phone is no really biggy, but having my Bold enjoy the same sixty five mile per hour smack down my pearl did, is quite unnerving, to say the least.
    08-03-09 12:21 PM
    I posted this in the 8900 section in response to a case thread. I just can't stomach putting a case on my phone, bulking it up even more and making it look downright stupid. The Bold is BOLD enough. Anyone agree with me here??

"In my opinion, cases are stupid. They go against everything the designers of these phones strived for. The Curve is one of the best looking phones out there and you cover it up/bulk it up with a case? Sigh.

Yeah yeah... you want to protect it.

How about you be careful with your phones?

If you scratch it THAT badly, you can replace bezels, battery doors, LCD lenses, etc quite cheaply.

Only thing I would do and possibly recommend is a clear LCD film because on the Bold the LCD is glued to the lens making it almost impossible to replace independently.

Sorry no one said it, so I had to.

To each his own"
    Like you said "in my opinion"
    08-03-09 03:03 PM
    yeah, what's your point?

Like you said "in my opinion"
    08-03-09 03:15 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD