Why do battery pulls when you can download soft reset and accomplish the same thing?
    08-06-08 10:41 AM
    i have the yellow otterbox case. the only problem is the proximity magnet doesnt work properly maybe 25% of the time
    08-06-08 06:46 PM
    So no one else is gonna read this thread. Has anyone else had this problem where the magnet does not always work??????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 07:14 PM
    Always works for me, Might want to contact them via E-mail and see what the otter has to say......

I know in the past some 8130 magnet wasn't working right.... Other have had replacements sent to them....

I will see if I can find the thread

** ehhh that wasn't it.hmmm let me search again.....

*** okay it talks about it in here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/ott...ackball-21365/
    Last edited by yester18; 09-11-08 at 07:35 PM. Reason: added link
    09-11-08 07:26 PM
    I know where to get them in Edmonton. They only have yellow ones. I wish I could have gotten a black one. I ended up painting mine with a good spray paint... Has a couple small marks now but nothing too bad. heh
    09-11-08 07:27 PM
    I know where to get them in Edmonton. They only have yellow ones. I wish I could have gotten a black one. I ended up painting mine with a good spray paint... Has a couple small marks now but nothing too bad. heh
    You painted what.... the rubber or plastic???, mine sharing some pictures
    09-11-08 07:36 PM
    The plastic. I just painted it black. So it looks all black now...
    09-11-08 07:45 PM
    I'm not sure yet about the otterbox. I use it with my pearl. I work in a sandy, dusty, dirty, muddy, wet environment. There is nothing better than my otterbox for wearing my bb while working. However, when I take off the cover, it looks like someone used sandpaper all over my delicate pearl. It does keep it safe though. I wonder if I should just keep my bb in my lunch box in the truck.
    09-11-08 07:53 PM
    I'm not sure yet about the otterbox. I use it with my pearl. I work in a sandy, dusty, dirty, muddy, wet environment. There is nothing better than my otterbox for wearing my bb while working. However, when I take off the cover, it looks like someone used sandpaper all over my delicate pearl. It does keep it safe though. I wonder if I should just keep my bb in my lunch box in the truck.

do you use the membrane with it?
    09-11-08 08:40 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks the otterbox is hideously ugly?
    09-11-08 08:43 PM
    no, i hear alot of people don't like them, but i still love mine...
    09-11-08 08:52 PM
    I'm not a neat/clean freak (ie, all my stuff is scratched, roughed up ,etc.) so I gotta ask, outside of keeping your BB from getting scratched (instead you scratch the OB?) what good is an OB? I mean, I drop my Pearl probably once a week (2 years old) and it's fine. Granted again, it's got scratches, on the body, on the screen... but I personally don't care. But is the OB supposed to help keep it from getting wet when submerged in water? Or from breaking from a ten foot drop? Or is it just a case?
    09-11-08 09:14 PM
    so last week i ordered a 4 gig memory card from newegg.com, the A-Data 4gig SDHC card was about $23 after shipping.
    i also purchased the black Otterbox and the Seidio extended life 1250 battery for my 8130.

i was happy with my 1 gig card, but i knew from reading the otterbox review here on CB, that i may as well upgrade it so i wouldnt have to open the case later and do it should i ever out grow my 1 gig card.
    well the memory card took forever to finally get here, and the battery and otterbox did come in, so i thought what the heck and used those till the card got here.

its awesome on my pearl. it adds just enough bulk to make it more comfortable to use for me (i have medium to large size hands), and the protection is awesome. the only thing i'm not using is the clear membrane.
    i already have a BSE on my pearl and i'd have to peal it off in order to use the membrane properly. so the only thing thats not protected is the keypad, which i'm cool with. that being said i layed the membrane down on the keypad and it is nice, and if i ever have to remove my BSE i'll definitely put the membrane on.

i do however have a slight problem with the install instructions for the membrane, it tells me to use water with a drop of dish soap applied directly to the screen of the device. thats a big no no imo. i would apply it directly to the membrane if i was to actually use it (Which is how the BSE, and Invisible shields tell you to do it). i also recommend using baby shampoo as it wont leave a really sticky residue if you do remove the skin/membrane.

also if you have a nice charging cradle, the Otterbox (and most cases of this type) are not for you at all. so if you dont like the idea of it just sitting on your desk/night stand, dont bother.

one thing i like about it is, if i just want to toss it in my pocket, the rubber doesnt hang or catch on fabric (at least not yet anyway) so its smooth in and out of pockets (i wear loose pants, tight jeans maybe different).
    the only thing i would have liked to have on the otterbox is a way to access the memory card without taking the whole thing apart. and it'd be nice if they made a wrap around membrane for just the keyboard, but i understand why they dont, but it'd be nice for those of us with skins already in place to have some keypad protection.
    another con i noticed, and its slight, but it bears mentioning, is the silicon skin that goes around the unit, likes to peal up from time to time on the lower left of the screen (left as your looking at the unit) it doesnt happen often, but enough to mention.
    and the last con i can think of is the keyboards a bit recessed in, and it takes a whole of about 5 minutes to get used to unlocking, or using perimeter buttons.
    the cons are small, and shouldnt be enough to keep someone from buying this great case for themselves.

but hindsight being 20/20, the biggest reason to buy this case is the complete membrane protector for the keypad and screen. since i'm not using that i could have easily gone with one of these:
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Hard Cases - ShopCrackBerry
    so i recommend if you want complete protection from dust and dirt, dont put a skin on, and order the otterbox and plan on using the membrane. if you just want to keep it pretty grab one of the other cases.

for the battery, one word.. awesome.. just buy it, dont doubt it, dont hesitate, it rocks.

i know this was rather long, but hope it provides some info that the cb review doesnt.

cheers
    Please report back and let us know how long the seidio 1250 mah battery lasts compared to the OEM battery. The most I can go before needing to recharge my oem battery (950 mah I believe ?) is 2 days at best with light browsing, a few phone calls totalling perhaps 1 hour, and listening to a few songs. So, I'm thinking of buying it as well. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Nick917; 09-14-08 at 07:55 AM.
    09-11-08 09:20 PM
    I got my new 8330 just 2 weeks ago. I am pretty hard on my equipment. I read about the Otterbox and that fireman who went through 200 degree heat plus water. Took it fishing to the beach today. Man! I love this thing!
    I am going to take up the suggestion of the bit of water and a tad of soap on the film thingy. Don't like the air bubbles.
    Other than than, I figure for the investment I made in the BB, it's the best protection for for my device.
    09-11-08 10:40 PM
    Just got mine today... havent even got my pearl yet.. but i like the way it feels, fits perfectly on my belt, got solid click when putting it in the holdster... I think it looks good personally. No it doesn't scream sleek but sexy in that functional fireman utility sexy sort of way. Hopefully feels just as good with the pearl in it
    09-11-08 11:26 PM
    do you use the membrane with it?
    No, I left that part out. I like the case, but can't stand cases that have a membrane. That might be why it gets scratched up.
    09-12-08 03:22 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks the otterbox is hideously ugly?
    Ugly = cool!!!
    09-12-08 07:59 PM
    i got mine on ebay-from a authorized otterbox dealer. costs me $31.00 total.
    money well spent
    05-04-09 08:46 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD