Hey All

I have been looking at this case for some time now. Doing searches on the net and this site with little or no return on some sort of review. Although there are a lot of comments about this case and the iPhone. So, based on those reviews I decided to take a chance and get the case and reivew it myself. Here it is...excuse me if it is a little long.

Incipio now makes a silicrylic case for the blackberry storm that in my opinion is like the otterbox case but not as bulky and to the extreme on the protection. But dont let that fool you. When I got this case it seemed like it could be the otterboxes long lost brother!!

The case comes with the video holder and a screen protector and a wiping cloth. The case itself is VERY solid all around except for where the plastic hard part of the case attaches to the silicone part. If that makes sense. Unlike the iphone version, the blackberry case seems much thicker all around. the corners are super thick and the silicone part that the plastic part snaps over is thick as well. Many of the iphone people that talk about this case have complained that this part of the case was too thin. I think that is because the iphone itself is thin and there is not a lot of material to work with. +1 for the storm being beefer than the wimpy iphone. All of the buttons on the sides of the phones are covered except for the earphone jack and the usb jack. The top voice and bottom receiver ports are open as well. Geting the phone in the case was a challenge because the case is an exact fit. I think I pressed all the buttons and gave the accelerometer a workout by the time I got the phone completely situated in it new housing. Once the phone was in the case I was amazed on how solid the phone felt in the case. It was like the plastic part was an option but since the silicone part has a cut out for the plastic part it would be awkward without it. Putting that part on the case with the phone in it was even harder than putting the phone in the silicone part. Although when I got it on I didnt have to do any manipulation to get it to seat right. It just fell right in to place. Now with all of the parts of the case on the phone feels almost indestructible. I say almost because the front of the phone is exposed but the case sits (and it is nicely tapered giving it a high quality look and feel) a little less than a quarter of an inch above the surface of the phone. So even if the phone lands on the face, the ground will not ever touch the face of the phone. Same for the camera and the speaker on the back of the phone.

Quality is outstanding!! The way the case looks on the phone is great and the way the phone feels in my hand is better than when I didnt have the case. The phone is completely functional in this case. The covers on the buttons on the sides of the case do not inhibit the use of the buttons at all. Taking and receiving calls is great. I can hear people clearly and people can here me clearly.

Overall....this is the case that I have been looking for. I was always afraid of dropping my phone even with the hard plastic snap on cases and some of the other flimsy silicone cases. Now I dont worry at all. The only problem that I can see with this case is that it may slide off of a slick surface. The back of the phone is covered almost completely with the plastic part of the case. And the case does collect some lint. I got the white version and it shows lint but that is because of the color I think. The lint is easily wiped off. Also there is no holster for this case. I am going to verizon within the next couple of days to see if the "snap on" hoslster will work with this case. I hope it does because that would mean that this would be the ultimate protection case/holster combo asside from otterbox.

So.....if you dont need as much protection or want the bulk of an otterbox and would like to keep the fuctionality of your storm than this might be the case for you. I am not saying that this will replace the case or that it is better. I an saying that this (to me) seems like a "next level" of protection down from the otterbox. I guess you could put thin fabric over the holes of the case like the otterbox has but that would be up to you.

These are my findings and if anyone else has this case please feel free to add to this.

Attachment 18473

Attachment 18474
    Last edited by faste; 03-23-09 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Pics Added
    03-23-09 12:59 AM
    I just was on eBay looking at these wondering if they are any good. And you were right, I looked around and this is the only review I found on Google (well, from a respectable forum I meant).
    Anyway, I think I'm gonna get these for times that I don't use the leather holster.
    Quick question though, I'm not using this for everyday use, occasionally, weekend here and then; so is that that much challenging changing it in and out? (you said so in the review so I just thought to ask).
    Anyway, great review, thanks.

ps: Just wonder where you have got this, the link also maybe nice. It's $25 free shipping on eBay so I don't know if you might have got it cheaper somewhere else.
    Last edited by b3n_asian_freak; 03-23-09 at 04:10 PM.
    03-23-09 04:07 PM
    The case is very thick in some areas and tight fitting.....I am not sure but I would imagine if you keep taking it on and off all the time it might stretch out a bit. The plastic part though will be a challenge each time as it will not stretch but maybe it will become easier since you will be a pro at it by your third or fourth time. For me it was tough because I didn't want the phone to go flying out of my hand and I wanted to make sure that it went on right the first time.

I got the case from the manufactures website:
    Cases and Accessories - iPhone, iPod, Zune, BlackBerry Cases and Accessories by Incipio

I also saw this on ebay and a few other places but wanted to get it from the source in case there were any problems. It came out to about 30 dollars or so but that is because they tax for California residents. On their site it lists for 24.99
    03-23-09 09:36 PM
    I'll consider that. Thanks again for the detailed review and the follow up.
    03-23-09 10:55 PM
    Bumping this - have you dropped the phone yet? Did the hard plastic pop off? I would like it to at least not pop off when dropped on carpet. I'd understand if it fell on concrete but my Innocase hybrid pops off when dropped a few feet on carpet and that seems ridiculous.
    04-02-09 12:50 PM
    And can the silicone shift to expose the chrome when the plastic part is on? Basically I have two standard silicone skins from Verizon right now and they can shift to the side and expose the chrome... and I dropped my phone and scratched the crap out of the chrome. Now that I got a replacement Storm for other reasons I want to protect the perfect chrome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 01:31 PM
    Well I went ahead and ordered the black one (plus 2 day shipping because I'm going out of town and want it before I leave) so it should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll report back!

04-03-09 08:37 AM
    Bumping this - have you dropped the phone yet? Did the hard plastic pop off? I would like it to at least not pop off when dropped on carpet. I'd understand if it fell on concrete but my Innocase hybrid pops off when dropped a few feet on carpet and that seems ridiculous.
    Have not but the plastic part is so snug on the case it would take the you ripping it off first then dropping it to "make it pop off". when you get yours you will see what I am talking about. It doesnt just snap on it snaps and holds/grips on. I had to do a bat pull the old fashon way and it was a pita because of how well the plastic part holds the silicone part on.
    04-03-09 12:57 PM
    Ok, excellent! That's exactly what I was hoping. I don't often need to do physical battery pulls but I thought this would be a good compromise between silicone skins, which aren't much protection but have good grip, and hard cases, which last about two removals before they're too loose to bother using. Thanks! I went with the black but I do like your white one as well.
    04-03-09 01:10 PM
    My case is possessed. I read something where someone thought it was putting their phone to sleep. Mine locks my phone or I have to press the screen or hard buttons up to 10 times to get the screen to come on. Once it's on, everything functions 100% normally. It is completely bizarre. The case arrived cracked so they're sending me a replacement, but I think once it arrives if it still does this I will return it and get the new Feather case they have.
    04-07-09 09:50 PM
    I just got my case in the mail, it fits really nice around my storm and it seems like this will protect it very well. By the way, I got the black case and it looks very nice. I would recommend this case to anyone looking for a good case

04-09-09 02:37 PM
    Hi,

I was wondering getting this case for my STORM and has two questions. How does it feel in the pocket, is it very bulky or annoying? And for anyone with the white case, does the case get dirty fast? Thanks in advance!
    04-12-09 01:02 PM
    its not too bulky, it adds a bit of bulk though. The back slides around because it is plastic, but it is a nice case. I have the black one so I'm not sure how dirty a white one gets. Hope this helps a little.
    04-14-09 09:14 PM
    I have this case as well and love it. It feels fine in the pocket as that is where i always carry mine. I have the Black and it looks really good....got mine on Amazon.
    04-15-09 01:04 PM
    Hi,

I was wondering getting this case for my STORM and has two questions. How does it feel in the pocket, is it very bulky or annoying? And for anyone with the white case, does the case get dirty fast? Thanks in advance!
    The SILICRYLIC was designed for the user that loves silicone cases, but needs that extra protection. It makes storing your BlackBerry in your pocket a breeze!
    It's a two part carrying case; offers a shock absorbing silicone core embedded in a strong, polycarbonate plastic exterior. SILICRYLIC provides a very favorable grip that�s also soft to the touch. A screen protector and cleaning cloth are included.
    Available in 5 colors. Black, White, Magenta, Dark Purple & Dark Gray.
    04-15-09 03:07 PM
    My case is possessed. I read something where someone thought it was putting their phone to sleep. Mine locks my phone or I have to press the screen or hard buttons up to 10 times to get the screen to come on. Once it's on, everything functions 100% normally. It is completely bizarre. The case arrived cracked so they're sending me a replacement, but I think once it arrives if it still does this I will return it and get the new Feather case they have.

I'm sad to hear your case arrived cracked. I am glad to hear we are replacing it for you.
    Regarding the case making your phone lock; this is the first we have heard of this problem. Once your new case arrives, please let us know if it happens again. We always appreciate customer feedback!
    04-15-09 04:31 PM
    my case which i love, renders my phone completely useless...it seems the plastic is so tight that my screen becomes unclickable...love the case...but dont think i can use it if my phone will not work in it
    04-18-09 07:37 AM
    please post front pic.
    04-18-09 08:19 AM
    my case which i love, renders my phone completely useless...it seems the plastic is so tight that my screen becomes unclickable...love the case...but dont think i can use it if my phone will not work in it
    Hi BEERJEFFDUBB -

We are sorry that your case is rendering the function ability for your BlackBerry Storm. This is a rare occurrence and we have not heard of this happening for the Silicrylic case. It may be perhaps the acrylic shell was made a bit too tight in which case it presses against the phone�s interface.

If you would like to contact customer service they would be more than happy to help fix this problem for you.
    04-21-09 01:26 PM
    I was wondering if anyone could post some more pictures of their phones with this case on it. Preferably some frontal pictures. I want a case that is hard and will protect my phone, but not too big and clunky that it will hinder performance and lose its sleek feeling. Would love more pictures.
    04-22-09 09:28 PM
    I'm sad to hear your case arrived cracked. I am glad to hear we are replacing it for you.
    Regarding the case making your phone lock; this is the first we have heard of this problem. Once your new case arrives, please let us know if it happens again. We always appreciate customer feedback!
    It did still happen - I got the return authorization on it but haven't sent it in yet. All is well, since I found the Feather.
    04-22-09 09:37 PM
    Are you able to use this with a holster?
    04-22-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD