I've had my Curve for about a month (I bought it used, but it's only a few months old, I was told), and in the last couple of weeks in particular, I've noticed my battery life is terrible. I'll turn it on about 7am and by dinner, the battery is almost dead. I checked for extra apps running that may be causing drain, and that's not the issue. Also, I have basically only using it for a dozen or so texts. Maybe 1 brief call. So nothing strenuous to drain a battery so quickly.

I can only assume that means I either need a new battery or a new charger. (The charger is a Blackberry, not a generic, and I'm assuming the battery is the original one, though I don't know that for sure.)

Is there a way to tell which one is bad? The battery or the charger? I'd sure hate to spend money on both if one is fine.

Any ideas?

THANKS!
    12-03-09 10:08 AM
    when plugged in, is your battery showing a lightning bolt through it?
    Are you getting a full charge?
    The curve is known to have usb issues, i.e. breaking so if its not getting a charge it may very well be the device.
    12-03-09 10:16 AM
    when plugged in, is your battery showing a lightning bolt through it?
    Are you getting a full charge?

I have it plugged in, and it shows the plug at the right side of the battery meter, so I know it's charging. (Plus, the battery was flashing and almost empty when I started charging a half hour ago, and now it shows it a 3rd full, so it does seem to be charging.)

However, no, I don't see a lightning bolt. What does that mean?
    12-03-09 10:22 AM
    Just a different icon for showing its charging.....
    12-03-09 10:32 AM
    Its the battery, if it was the charger or usb port then it wouldn't charge at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 10:51 AM
    Its the battery, if it was the charger or usb port then it wouldn't charge at all.
    Okay, THANK YOU!!!
    12-03-09 11:22 AM
    The seller may have put an old crappy battery in before selling it, but you can find them reasonably priced at many places, like Amazon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 11:37 AM
    The seller may have put an old crappy battery in before selling it, but you can find them reasonably priced at many places, like Amazon
    Perfect! Thank you! I'll go shop online for a battery now. I appreciate everyone's help!
    12-03-09 12:23 PM
    check with your carrier, they may give you another one, Sprint will, although you never know the status of the battery that they give you. I've had good luck with this.
    12-04-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD