I got my Defender in the mail yesterday morning and have been loving it!
    here are some pics and a small write up via the URL.

9900 Defender

Last edited by Fubaz; 08-25-11 at 05:37 PM.
    08-25-11 05:30 PM
    Does the Defender affect the typing any ? It looks a little deep around the keyboard area . Mine is in the mail , I got all three of them The Defender (For Work) , Commuter (For Hanging Out) , and The Impact (For Home) . And I got the Defender for my Playbook now , wish Otterbox would make a Commuter for the Playbook the Defender makes the PB too heavy , but at least I know it's well protected Otterbox products are the best cases ever ...
    08-25-11 05:51 PM
    Does the Defender affect the typing any ? It looks a little deep around the keyboard area . Mine is in the mail , I got all three of them The Defender (For Work) , Commuter (For Hanging Out) , and The Impact (For Home) . And I got the Defender for my Playbook now , wish Otterbox would make a Commuter for the Playbook the Defender makes the PB too heavy , but at least I know it's well protected Otterbox products are the best cases ever ...
    It actually doesnt affect the typing at all. The Bold 9900s larger keypad makes typing a lot easier than with Defenders and physical keypads in the past.
    bravest1 likes this.
    08-25-11 05:54 PM
    That is the thicket case.
    ever.
    period.
    But I love Otterbox and they always make amazing cases.
    I'm gonna cry when they stop supporting my precious BlackBerrys haha.

I just wish you could case demo units so i would know how it feels.
    08-25-11 06:05 PM
    can this be removed easily? I would like to use the charging pod at night... that's why I am asking. Thanks.
    08-25-11 07:09 PM
    As I was putting my otterbox on my 9700 (Irene is still blowing through ) I started looking up info for the defender for the 9900 for when att decides to release it I'm really bothered that the keyboard and built in screen protector has been removed. My 9700 case has coverage all over (I made a trackpad cover), which allows me to use my Berry outside in the rain Bad ommision in my opinion, and I'm surprised you didn't call them out on it. The defender should have much better coverage then the commuter IMHO

EDIT: as this new design is not going to keep work dirt out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by maxiang; 08-28-11 at 02:46 AM.
    08-28-11 02:43 AM
    Look good....but I would probably choose the commuter case....
    08-28-11 03:34 AM
    i choose otterbox commuter for my dakota

08-28-11 04:15 AM
    Otterbox has one of the best cases for any phone. I had a Storm2, before my new BOLD 9930. I work the airport in a uniform, so I carry my phone on my belt. There is an air train platform, and the escalator is around 45 feet down. Passenger hits belt, knocks phone out, down the escalator it goes, it must have hit every stair on the way down. When I was able to get to it, the only thing wrong, was a pirce of plastic from the holster had snapped off. I called OTTERBOX, explained what happen to their CS (great group of people), (I was just looking to pick up another holster) no go. They sent out a new Defender kit free of charge, was here in two days.

The case works and with the CS, they are the only ones I will use. The Commuter series for normal use, and the Defender series at work.

By the way at lease ten people that day asked what type of case did I have.
    08-28-11 07:51 PM
    The otterbox defender case makes it easier for me to type on the keyboard because the phone is easier to hold than bare. One thing I do not like is the outer silicone layer does not fit the inner hard case very well in the areas left and right of the keyboard. The silicone case appears to be loose flaps in those areas, even when pressed into the grooves of the inner casean and it pulls away from the phone frequenly when I grab it there or snap it into the "holster."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD